PDA

View Full Version : Extra income?

74fj40
11-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Well its coming to that slow time of the year for the auto industry and this time it is seeming to hit harder. I am looking for something to get some extra income and was wondering if you guys had any ideas or know of something that might fit my schedule.

I work from 6am-3pm every week day. so between 330pm and maybe 9pm I am free on the weekdays, and could probably do one weekend day too.

What do you think?

Air Randy
11-08-2010, 09:29 AM
It's coming into the holiday season so lots of places should be adding temporary part-time staff. Thats what I always used to do to make a little extra Xmas money. Depends on what you want to do too. Sometimes this is a good chance to do something totally different than what you usually do.

DanS
11-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Well its coming to that slow time of the year for the auto industry and this time it is seeming to hit harder. I am looking for something to get some extra income and was wondering if you guys had any ideas or know of something that might fit my schedule.

I work from 6am-3pm every week day. so between 330pm and maybe 9pm I am free on the weekdays, and could probably do one weekend day too.

What do you think?

UPS and to a lesser extent FedEx tend to hire a lot of seasonal box-tossers. Generally work evenings and nights, they pay decently too for seasonal work.

Dan

rover67
11-08-2010, 10:37 AM
I've worked FEDEX over the holiday rush and it is tough, but they pay well. Also, they were covering school (2k a semester) when i worked for them and had decent benifits.

I ruined my back though... but it helped pay for school.

Dr. Schlegs
11-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I know rocky mountain cruisers was looking for someone to pick up some work.

SROR/AKA 2BAD
11-08-2010, 05:19 PM
see if schomp will let you work the lot at night.
you know a "lot rat" as we call them in the biz ;)

Corbet
11-08-2010, 10:42 PM
I was going to say UPS/FedEx too. But only if you have a strong back. UPS is a union shop so you can always just pace yourself accordingly. At least that is what most around me always seemed to be doing. I busted my butt.