PDA

View Full Version : New to the board.

xXJasonXx
11-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Hi. My name is Jason. I am 28 yrs old. I currently live in SF bay area. Looking to re-located to the Denver area this spring. I moved down here to SF after living most of my life in Oregon. I currently work for TRANE Heating & Air Cond. Residential and Commercial Sales (3 years) . I have worked in the HVAC trade total (8 years). I was a active member of a 4x4 club up in Oregon for 5 years before moving down here. I have sold off most of my toys, I currently drive a 00 Cherokee sport pretty much stock due to the large amount of commuting i do.

It would be cool to get to know a few folk's upon moving out to Denver area. I am ready to turn in this "California" lifestyle for the rain and snow again :cheers:. Though i have only visited Denver a few time. I would very much enjoy some feedback of "Good" Community's to live in around Denver? I have done my fair share of Google Earth, Wiki link's and Real Estate sites.

Looking forward to the move, I need to get back into the Hunting, Fishing & Wheeling grind. Colorado is such a beautiful state much like Oregon without the rain Ha:D

xXJasonXx
11-07-2010, 11:13 PM
I forgot to add, Thanks for the Email Matt. :beer:

Hulk
11-07-2010, 11:54 PM
I forgot to add, Thanks for the Email Matt. :beer:

You're welcome. And welcome! Glad you made it in, at last. :)

Mendocino
11-08-2010, 08:03 AM
There are a few of use that have come to Colorado from California. I'm sure others will comment on best places to live. I suspect that you relocation area will depend a lot on where you work. Have you found a job yet or are you looking?

One last thing: we will need to get you into a nice Toyota product and out of the J%^p. There are others that are brand conflicted to this day and can help you with this (RedCreeper).:D

:risingsun

farnhamstj
11-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Welcome. Good luck with the move. Nice hops. You must like beer.

xXJasonXx
11-08-2010, 02:54 PM
There are a few of use that have come to Colorado from California. I'm sure others will comment on best places to live. I suspect that you relocation area will depend a lot on where you work. Have you found a job yet or are you looking?

One last thing: we will need to get you into a nice Toyota product and out of the J%^p. There are others that are brand conflicted to this day and can help you with this (RedCreeper).:D

:risingsun

O really? Are those folks tired of the traffic and rude people too? LOL. I am trying to get a tranfer with my current job, But since i work in the Heating sales field. Finding a job will be rather easy since everyone needs heat in Colorado. :D

Yeah, I like Hops and Micro brews. My brother owns a brewery up in Oregon.

TIMZTOY
11-08-2010, 07:02 PM
I currently drive a 00 Cherokee sport pretty much stock :scold::scold:

first off you need to get into a toyota :thumb::thumb: as for were to live id say downtown, west, south, and southwest (no particular order). are the better area's (just my opinion) i lived east, and didnt like, it. .

xXJasonXx
11-09-2010, 12:31 AM
first off you need to get into a toyota :thumb::thumb: as for were to live id say downtown, west, south, and southwest (no particular order). are the better area's (just my opinion) i lived east, and didnt like, it. .

I have owned about 14 different variations of Jeep and Toyota trucks and Crawlers. lol When i left Oregon, I sold my 85 Toy, Custom swapped 7MGE, Megasquirt log box, Doved, Bobbed, Full exo, Marlin crawl case, 5:29's F/R, ARB F/R, Air comp, Marlin springs, All pro x-over, 39.5 Iroks. It was hand down the most capable rig i have ever owned. My DD at the time was a 85 4Runner with a 22RE with a small homemade 14B turbo kit, Lifted about 10'' on 44's. It was a pavement ponder lol.

I usually have this love hate relationship with Jeep's. Between electrical vampires to the design of the cooling and oil components i used to spend a lot of time in my shop asking myself, Why do i like Jeeps???? LOL . But living in the bay area right now, I only can afford 1 rig right now. So a stock Cherokee is a good choice right now. I am not much of a car person. Unless it's a BMW. I only like 79-85 Toy models, FJ60, FJ80's.

Thanks for the advice on the area's. I would like to stay close to the mountains. I don't want to be near the plains lol. It's a lot more affordable to live in Denver than living in California. In California renting a "nice" 1200 sqft house in a nice area. Will set you back $1500-$1800 a month easy. :(

timmbuck2
11-09-2010, 10:23 AM
welcome! cost of living will be much better for you...I lived for a short time in Livermore and Denver will be much nicer to your wallet. :)

I would say that where you want to live will really depend on where you will be working...south area is great, unless you work way up north, and vice versa...

Personally I love the foothills area....unless you work in Aurora....

xXJasonXx
11-11-2010, 02:32 AM
welcome! cost of living will be much better for you...I lived for a short time in Livermore and Denver will be much nicer to your wallet. :)

I would say that where you want to live will really depend on where you will be working...south area is great, unless you work way up north, and vice versa...

Personally I love the foothills area....unless you work in Aurora....

I have been comparing the Demographics for each city in CO, Compared to the cities in the county i currently live in n SF. Huuuge difference lol Seems like the Average salary in Denver is 40-55k a year per family. Over hear it's 100-120k per family a year.

I am thinking about the Lakewood, Westminster, Thornton area. I am reading it's a better commute and the price of starter homes are very affordable. Correct me if i am wrong, As i am reading HWY 70 has bad traffic during the week days? It can't be as bad as the Bay area. lol. You lived in Livermore, So you should know all to well about traffic...OMG shoot me:rant:I have sat in that Livermore 580 traffic. 2 hours to go 20 miles.

I am really diggin on the part that Vail and Keystone is only 80 miles away and their are 12 ski resorts within 2 hours from Denver. That's pretty impressive. I Boarded for 6 seasons.

Cheers.

xXJasonXx
11-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Here are a couple pictures of my old rig's when i lived up in Oregon.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q320/yotaman83/snowrunner.jpg
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q320/yotaman83/new4x4.jpg

wesintl
11-11-2010, 07:44 AM
just wait til it snows and it takes you 4 hours to get to vail on a powder day and more than that to get home :)

IMHO cost of homes (average cost for the regular person) is much less than the left or right coast but the other costs of living are higher. Colorado isn't cheap by any means it just depends on you perspective

subzali
11-11-2010, 08:19 AM
I drove I-70 from Golden to downtown during the summer of '06. It wasn't bad at all. However, I-70 east of I-25 can have its bad times during the weekday.

Golden was one of my favorite places to live.

nakman
11-11-2010, 12:35 PM
I-70 has its moments, but it ain't no 101 ;) I'd suggest getting out here, renting a place for 6 months, then deciding what area to buy.. visit them all first. You're not going to miss out on much real estate-wise, the market isn't exactly booming here.

edit: sweet runners! :bowdown: