PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Party2010 is on Dec 11th

Air Randy
11-13-2010, 04:30 PM
The Rising Sun Christmas Party will be Saturday December 11th at Randy & Dee's house just East of Franktown. The address is 1376 Columbine Drive, Franktown, CO 80116. Start time is 7 PM until whenever.

The club will be providing BBQ beef, pork, chicken and soft drinks. Everyone please bring a side dish and/or dessert item along with whatever adult beverages you desire. Let "Dee Rocks" know what dish you are bringing.

In the past we have also done a gift exchange. If you want to get a gift, bring a wrapped gift, value should not exceed $20.

Any other ideas and/or suggestions for making it a fun party are always welcome and if anyone wants to pitch in, let us know.

Driving directions: Take I-25 North or South to the Castle Rock Meadows Parkway exit by the factory shops. Go East on Founders Parkway to Hwy 86. Turn left/East towards Franktown, go through Franktown and continue East approx. 3 miles on Hwy 86. At MM10 you will see a left turn into the Bannockburn subdivision, the street name is Deerpath Road. Go to the first left hand turn which is Deerpath Trail and turn left. Go to the first right hand turn which is Columbine Drive. We are the first driveway on the right, we have a 3 rail white fence. You can park on the road or turn in the driveway and look for the gravel path to the left. Pull down there and follow it around to the shop behind the house, plenty of parking back there.

If you come down Hwy 83 just go to Franktown, turn left on Hwy 86 and follow the directions from there.

Air Randy
11-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Folks, please try to RSVP in the next week or so, so we know how many to expect and can size the catering accordingly. Thanks!

Hulk
11-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Unfortunately, the Farr family can't make it on the 11th. :( Y'all have fun now!

corsair23
11-15-2010, 04:08 PM
We are a tentative...

And not because you guys live in Kansas :hill: - Just because I don't know what is on the schedule for next week let alone a month from now :)

satchel
11-15-2010, 04:14 PM
My wife and I are planning on being there. As for fun events, if there is enough snow we can see who can do the best donut in your back yard! Trading gifts is cool too, though.

I don't mind the drive through Indian riddled back woods country, myself. I prefer getting to drive my truck out somewhere than staring at it in the garage, and I certainly didn't buy it for its gas efficiency.

And you can tentatively put us down for home made chocolate pie from my wife, assuming she accepts the challenge.

Dr. Schlegs
11-15-2010, 04:19 PM
2 people

Air Randy
11-15-2010, 04:29 PM
We are a tentative...

And not because you guys live in Kansas :hill: - Just because I don't know what is on the schedule for next week let alone a month from now :)

OK Jeff, do your best to make it, we would really like for you guys to attend.

Air Randy
11-15-2010, 04:29 PM
2 people

:cheers: Be sure and coordinate with Dee what you're bringing

Air Randy
11-15-2010, 04:30 PM
My wife and I are planning on being there. As for fun events, if there is enough snow we can see who can do the best donut in your back yard! Trading gifts is cool too, though.

I don't mind the drive through Indian riddled back woods country, myself. I prefer getting to drive my truck out somewhere than staring at it in the garage, and I certainly didn't buy it for its gas efficiency.

And you can tentatively put us down for home made chocolate pie from my wife, assuming she accepts the challenge.

Outstanding :thumb: Let your wife know chocolate cream pie is my favorite dessert ever :D

Air Randy
11-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Unfortunately, the Farr family can't make it on the 11th. :( Y'all have fun now!

Bummer Matt, we'll miss you guys! Any chance your schedule could change?

Romer
11-15-2010, 05:36 PM
I am pretty sure we can make it. Need to coordinate with the Boss. Could be just me or 4 depending on everyones schedules.

MDH33
11-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Unfortunately I'm working Saturday and Sunday that weekend, so won't be able to make it.

Have fun everyone. :beer:

RockRunner
11-15-2010, 07:20 PM
We are in and would like to reserve the upstairs bedroom. As for food we should be bringing green chili as usual. For breakfast we'll just eat the left overs.

Lars
11-16-2010, 06:46 AM
1 w/ chips and dips and stuff, unless we get a huge snow.

FJBRADY
11-16-2010, 06:55 AM
We are in and would like to reserve the upstairs bedroom.

Bow chicka wow wow.........geeeeze Tom there will be kids there!

It's a good thing you are planning ahead Tom, we all remember the Moab prerun:kipper::campfire::boozer:

Red_Chili
11-16-2010, 07:13 AM
This is a bed & breakfast event? Wow, I had a conflict but I might have to see about that. :lmao:

Inukshuk
11-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Is there a camping option? I'll know this week, and if I can make it I'll have 4 empty seats in the 80 and would enjoy a carpool or to ride with someone else from Central Denver

leiniesred
11-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Bummer. Double booked. I will not be able to attend that night. I do have a door prize to donate however.

nattybumppo
11-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Unfortunately I'm working Saturday and Sunday that weekend, so won't be able to make it.

Have fun everyone. :beer:

Same traffic. Enjoy!

Dr. Schlegs
11-16-2010, 02:15 PM
It's a good thing you are planning ahead Tom, we all remember the Moab prerun:kipper::campfire::boozer:

Some us remember more than others.:rolleyes: Randy and Dee have those gas/aquarium looking fireplaces. Can't throw anything in those. I know what I will get Tom this year, a pair of welding/key retrieval gloves.

Air Randy
11-16-2010, 03:55 PM
This is a bed & breakfast event? Wow, I had a conflict but I might have to see about that. :lmao:

Reserve a room quickly, there are only 2 left...........

Air Randy
11-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Is there a camping option? I'll know this week, and if I can make it I'll have 4 empty seats in the 80 and would enjoy a carpool or to ride with someone else from Central Denver

Sure, plenty of room for your camper :thumb:

Air Randy
11-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Some us remember more than others.:rolleyes: Randy and Dee have those gas/aquarium looking fireplaces. Can't throw anything in those. I know what I will get Tom this year, a pair of welding/key retrieval gloves.

We do have a pellet stove with an open flame, so be sure and hide your keys from Tom :D

nuclearlemon
11-16-2010, 08:07 PM
i should be able to make it.

Caribou Sandstorm
11-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Ok this is sounding pretty fun now that Ige and Markofsky are going..:D

Mr. and Mrs. Sandstorm plus 2 mini me's are RSVPing..

Thanks again Randy and Dee for hosting this shin dig.

jacdaw
11-18-2010, 05:26 AM
I'm in. As I'm not much for cooking these days, I'll whip up a batch of brownies or something like that.

60wag
11-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Randy, we have a bus load of 4 heading down from the North to attend.

We hope to have the extended range tank installed by then but just in case we may have to shout out on the ham to send out a search party - from the party.

Air Randy
11-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Randy, we have a bus load of 4 heading down from the North to attend.

We hope to have the extended range tank installed by then but just in case we may have to shout out on the ham to send out a search party - from the party.

Outstanding! Glad you are coming. Be sure and save your gas receipt, you might be able to get a tax deduction or something :D

AxleIke
11-30-2010, 01:12 PM
I am putting down for a maybe at this point. I want to go really badly, but timing may not work out.

Just one.

FJCDan
12-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Hey Randy and Dee, Count us in for 2. Julie said she will make a dessert. Thanks Looking forward to it. Dan

Air Randy
12-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Hey Randy and Dee, Count us in for 2. Julie said she will make a dessert. Thanks Looking forward to it. Dan

Done! Thanks!

Art Volmer
12-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Hi Randy, I think Megan and I are in for the party. We have a recipe for some spicy cole slaw that may go great with the BBQ. If that works

Red_Chili
12-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Hope I'm not too late, I will bring buns fer them what wants BBQ sammiches. 2.

Air Randy
12-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Excellent choice! :D

corsair23
12-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Well, we're not going to be able to make it :(

I'll try to figure out a way to get some Brimmer calendars to the party though for those that have bought and paid for them and are attending the festivities :D