PDA

View Full Version : Bodyshop Recommendation/Save that Car

Cheese
11-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Gents, frequent lurker, current Toyota owner, meeter and wheeler-wither of some of you.

As Toyota people have a different sort of fondness, I thought I could find sympathy and guidance here.

93 Toyota Celica met a Tacoma on a yellow light and needs some love. The question about legalities is a different thread. Now I have a lady friend who is attached to this car that is cosmetically and mechanically in good running shape, excluding the passenger side squish.

I am in Fort Collins and would love to take the car anywhere that could make an honest effort at saving it. She is attached to it and is not doing well entertaining retirement. Oleg came up as someone to revive the potentially dead, but Aurora is a haul. Who would you advise as doing good work and understanding attachment to a rig?

Thanks.

AxleIke
11-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Wassup wildman? Just talking about you this morning wrt timbersports. My boss is a firefighter and just finished training and certification to be a feller. He was excited and had fun dropping trees all weekend.

I only know of one other place in denver, and its going to be the same haul as olegs. Just don't know of much up north.

I'll bet for some beer, you can find someone here with a trailer to haul the car down, have oleg fix it up, and then you only have to make one trip down and back for the car.

Good luck, and don't be such a stranger.

CardinalFJ60
11-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I've used...wait for it.... exotic bodies by Jim. Yes, that's the name, but it's really body-shop. big one. they've typically got full restos going on in there as the owner is a Mopar guy but worked for Toyota for a long time.

Call'em...see how it goes.

HTH

Cheese
11-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Was your boss up here in Ft Collins getting 212 training? If so, he met the lady who has the busted car.

Oddly, we have been doing climate change and saw some footage of the ice core lab in Boulder and spoke of you.

I can get the car there, no worries, I assume Oleg is still in this business, last I was a regular, he was ill but recovering.

Thanks gents, I will call Jim too, if for nothing else but the amusement!

nattybumppo
11-16-2010, 01:31 PM
I have heard Oleg has gone to ground somewhere unknown. I like West Side Auto Body at 6275 W 16th Avenue in Lakewood. 303-233-1655. They have only done minor touch-up and repaint work for me but the price and the quality were very good. Leo Puocher and his boys, Ryan and ??? run the place.