PDA

View Full Version : Help Choosing Trails for My Vacation

KC Cruiser
05-23-2006, 11:08 AM
Hi all,

I'm going to be visiting Denver for a week near the end of June and also again at the end of July. If you all could maybe look at my trails list and offer some advice on some of the trails that would be nice. Any other trail suggestions would be great too. I'm not looking at doing anything over a 6 rated trail, I do have to drive the Cruiser back to KC after all.

My vehicle is a 1994 FZJ80, Locked, 33" BFG AT's, CDL, and that's it for mods.

My short list of trails:
Kingston Peak
Rollins Pass (East and West)
Weston Pass
Deer Creek/Saint Johns
Georgia Pass
Fall River Reservoir/Rainbow Road

If there are any more trails you can think of, especially the more scenic ones, please let me know.

:cheers:

-Andrew Booth

Shark Bait
05-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Mosquito Pass
Boreas Pass
Webster Pass/Redcone

These are all west/south of Denver, not too far. Webster/Redcone is probably the toughest, but it's not too bad. Mostly "thrill factor". :D :lmao:

KC Cruiser
05-23-2006, 11:22 AM
... Redcone
I've read plenty on that, I'm not sure I feel like I'm experienced enough to do something like that. Plus, I don't think I have the cajones yet either :D.

I forgot about Boreas, its pretty easy though. I didn't think Mosquito would be clear of snow yet.

Good suggestions though, I might hit Webster Pass.

Thanks!

nakman
05-23-2006, 12:19 PM
When you come out, be sure to pop in our forum here and see what else is shakin' - could be some good stuff going on that you'd be welcome to join in on- by June we should be well into night run season as well.

JadeRunner
05-23-2006, 02:48 PM
You could do Glacier Ridge between Webster and Georgia Passes. Take one of the roads (like St John) from Montezuma up to Glacier Ridge if your too skittish for Radical Hill. It has similar pucker factor to Red-Cone.

If you take the east fork on top of Georgia Pass you will end up going down the Missouri Gulch rock garden which could ruin your day. So to get to Glacier Ridge from Georgia Pass go down the normal way toward Breck then back up the middle fork of the swan up SOB hill to Glacier Ridge. Very scenic...

KC Cruiser
05-23-2006, 03:43 PM
When you come out, be sure to pop in our forum here and see what else is shakin' - could be some good stuff going on that you'd be welcome to join in on- by June we should be well into night run season as well.
I'll definetely pop in, hopefully you all will be doing something while I'm out there. Keep in mind though that I'm a newb to wheeling still, I just ran my first real trails two weeks ago. I estimate one of the trails to be a hard 5 but probably a 6 because of the rock size, grade, and narrowness of the trail.

Thanks for the tips everyone!