PDA

View Full Version : For Sale '82 FJ60 $2000 obo plus parts

Tradrd60
11-21-2010, 03:36 PM
I am selling my running and driving project. I am just north of Boulder. Here is the skinny on the Truck.
Bfg all terrains, have less than 1k on them, 31x10.50's
Typical fj60 rust, the dog leg on the left rear is the worst of it, it is rusted through over wheel well area.
1982 FJ60, 2f de-smogged, weber 32/36 carb kit, Cylinder head has just had a full valve regrind. The machine work was done by The Engine Shop in Longmont. All new Toyota gaskets and I fabbed up the block off plates for the intake and exhaust manifolds. I have been a mechanic for 9 years, I installed the head myself and have performed the cold valve adjust. Vehicle runs great but is not currently registered. A change in living situation is forcing me to sell this, so my loss is your gain. I do have 3k into the truck with the machine work and parts.
Stock suspension rear springs are flat, I have a second full set of stock springs off of a truck I parted out. the lowest leaf on the left rear is broken on the second set. I will sell these for 100 bucks, or throw them in with the truck.

I also have the following parts all off of any 85 fj60:
Gauge cluster, do not know if it is in working order $50
Four doors, rust in bottom seams has started but still in reasonable shape, complete doors with glass hardware etc. 75 each
Rear upper gate, with wiper motor, heater grid looks inop, 75
Steering gear, was dry when pulled 30
Rear under seat heater 10
Alt. 10
starter 10
The emissions stuff with the carb plate and all of that mess 75
carb dismantled good for parts maybe? 10
Air pump injector rail 50
headlight frames w/glass 10 for both
wiper motor 20
fan 5
shifter boots 10 for all
Lower hatch toyota trim 10
Lower release latch with rods 10
set of front and rear driveshafts off of 85 $100, joints feel ok

If I left anything out pm me and I will correct it, I am a noob to this forum. I have more photos and can send you them on request. I am not comfortable posting my phone number but am available by email and I check it often.
bluedunn243@gmail.com

Kipper
01-19-2012, 12:27 PM
bump, I work with this guy's Dad and he told me his son is trying to sell this again.

Clint Z
01-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Is it being listed at the same price? An trades, 1988 4runner?

Kipper
01-20-2012, 10:44 AM
No clue, you'll have to email him.

I do know that the truck is registered and insured now and I"m 99% sure he has done an HEI distributor conversion on it.

From what his dad tells me, he's a really good mechanic so with the machine work done on the head, that carb and HEI distributor, I imagine this is a very strong pulling 2F.

Clint Z
01-20-2012, 11:13 AM
thanks, I just shot him one.

Clint

60wag
01-20-2012, 11:29 AM
I hope those open holes in the air cleaner are plugged.

MDH33
01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
I hope those open holes in the air cleaner are plugged.

And looks desmogged. I wonder how they got it to pass emissions if it's currently plated and on the road in Boulder?

Tradrd60
01-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks Kipper for bumping this thread, Yes the cruiser is for sale still. It is licensed and insured and I got it through emissions in November. I did install a d.u.i. hei on it after passing emissions. It runs and drives good, let me know if you have any questions. I also have this listed on craigslist for trade, but if anyone will come an take a look at it I am willing to take a reasonable offer.

As far as parting the truck itself out I have not reached that point yet and would like to have the truck itself go whole.
Thanks
Mike

Tradrd60
01-23-2012, 08:55 PM
And it did pass emissions, on the second try after a jetting and some tune work. It passed well considering the only emissions still on it is the pcv. So it is "Desmogged" and it is rarely driven with the air cleaner the way it is. I had been planning on going with an open element when i had the chance just haven't gotten to it yet.
Mike

Tradrd60
02-05-2012, 10:55 AM
The truck is sold