PDA

View Full Version : Name that part

nakman
05-23-2006, 02:34 PM
hint: bolted to a 1FZ-FE, owned buy a guy who is moving to Albuquerque.

wesintl
05-23-2006, 02:40 PM
oba :confused:

Uncle Ben
05-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Warm air pressure thingy for foaming Latte's?

bustanutley
05-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Looks like a york compressor to me.

Uncle Ben
05-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Sorry Tim, no matter how small of a pulley you put on that thing it just will not give you enough boost to pull the 35's without regearing! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :Princess: :hill:

nakman
05-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Yes, it's OBA... thinking of trying to incorporate "air up on the fly" to improve MPG & acceleration on smooth patches. :lmao:

Shark Bait
05-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Looks like a York to me, too. :smokin: :eek: Who's moving to ABQ? :confused:

nakman
05-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Who's moving to ABQ?
Ali.

Kipper
05-23-2006, 06:50 PM
I bet he loves that compressor. I had one in my 40 and it was bad to the bone. I could air up 3 sets of tires in the amount of time it takes the electric compressor in Long Grain to do 1 set.

Romer
05-23-2006, 08:58 PM
It's not fair, I was with you when you were poking at Ali's truck. he really has added a lot of nice toys. I like using the sliders as air tanks to help when you want to run power tools.

nakman
05-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I was content to continue playing with the tire carrier strut & reverse lights, until Wagoneer showed up and demanded to see this bracket.. and then the hood opened. He's got air tanks as well, front bumper IIRC (that whole night's a little fuzzy though..) :drink:

Hulk
05-24-2006, 01:26 AM
Yes, it's OBA... thinking of trying to incorporate "air up on the fly" to improve MPG & acceleration on smooth patches.

??? This is like the poor man's supercharger? :confused: If this is a joke, I must be too stupid to get it.

On-board air rocks -- just have never bothered to attempt it in my 40. It's a 1982 vintage, with a massive tangle of crappy emissions equipment.

Groucho
05-24-2006, 04:05 PM
I think he means like when the military hummers (some civilian version 1 hummers as well), deuce and a halves, 5-tons and HEMMTT trucks use CTIS--Central Tire Inflation System. It will adjust tire pressure up or down on demand while in motion from an operator controlled switch at the drivers panel. Anything from "Highway", "Sand and Snow" etc. Four different settings IIRC. One was also a "Run-Flat" setting, for when you got a puncture in the tire the air supply would always add air to the tire to keep going. This was used on the larger trucks where originally a run flat donut (as used in the hummers)was not practical.

Groucho
05-24-2006, 04:13 PM
This is a Hemmt with CTIS. There is also a civilian version of a wheel set up with CTIS.

nakman
05-24-2006, 04:40 PM
I think he means like when the military hummers (some civilian version 1 hummers as well), deuce and a halves, 5-tons and HEMMTT trucks use CTIS--Central Tire Inflation System. It will adjust tire pressure up or down on demand while in motion from an operator controlled switch at the drivers panel. Anything from "Highway", "Sand and Snow" etc. Four different settings IIRC. One was also a "Run-Flat" setting, for when you got a puncture in the tire the air supply would always add air to the tire to keep going. This was used on the larger trucks where originally a run flat donut (as used in the hummers)was not practical.

Yeah, that's exactly what I need!! who doesn't? :confused:

btw, you got my 24? bring it 6/7? :)

Groucho
05-25-2006, 05:48 AM
btw, you got my 24? bring it 6/7? :)
Word.