PDA

View Full Version : Looking for repair parts

RockRunner
11-26-2010, 01:57 PM
Does anybody have any IFS parts from a mini truck laying around that they don't need or need some beer for????

I need to get the Habenero back on the road before the "Snow Run":o

All help is appreciated:thumb:

Air Randy
11-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Does anybody have any IFS parts from a mini truck laying around that they don't need or need some beer for????

I think I have a set of hubs.

DanS
11-26-2010, 10:33 PM

What are you looking for? In NM I have everything from a 1991 LN-130 Hilux Surf. I know I sold a set of A-arms (don't remember off-hand if they were upper or lower right now) from that, but it was otherwise complete.

I will be making a trip down and back up sometime between now and mid December...

Dan

AxleIke
11-27-2010, 08:29 AM
What exactly do you need Tom? I'm guessing the only thing your truck uses that is IFS is the steering box?

I have a number of different IFS parts around.

RockRunner
11-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Guys,
Here is the deal, I got some Diamond axles after I blew my truck up on China Man's.........yes I know.

So here is what I got and here is what I need. I won't need every thing since some of the stuff will come of old axles.

They are full width. when built with knuckles and hubs will measure 69" from wheel mount surface (WMS) to WMS. The rear will measure 68.25" WMS to WMS.

The picture shows the front axle with "knuckle balls" Knuckles are the square looking part your steering bolts too. The rear comes as it looks. you will need to buy IFS spindles to bolt to the axle, IFS hubs to put on the spindle, and IFS calipers and rotors to make it all work. The make the axles connect to the hub you will need either locking hubs from a straight axle or drive flange from front range.

You will need:
Two sets of IFS calipers 4 total (I recommend 1 set of V6 and 1 set of 4Cyl)
One set of IFS rotors for rear (I'm giving you the rotors for the front)
Birfields (just birfields no inner axle)Buying BL 30 spline
Straight axle Knuckles for front (can get used from front range off road or use from your axle now)
Straight axle spindles for front (Also can get from front range or use from your axle now)
Straight axle hubs for front (also can get fro front range or use from your axle now)
IFS spindles for rear
IFS Hubs for rear
Locking hubs from a straight axle or drive flanges for front and rear axles
Hub bearing kits (one for straight axle and one for IFS)
Front and rear third members. Got those covered.

Here are the axles I got with the Bobby long inner axles and front disc brakes.

Isaac, now you know why I was bummed you got the 3.4 4Runner instead of me. I was going to put this stuff under it and be set.

DanS
11-28-2010, 10:27 AM
I'll check sometime this month in NM with what I've got there. 99% sure I've got the IFS rotors, spindles and I'm not sure about the calipers. I know I've got some V6 calipers, but I'm not sure I want to part with them. I've also got a set of the 4 cylinder calipers, but they are on an 85 axle that I'm not sure I want to separate just yet.

By any chance are you in need of a LEFT steering knuckle?

I have a left knuckle that's otherwise sort of in the way, and I'd hate to separate a complete set (which is why I just bought a complete axle for the parts--not the previously mentioned axle). So it would be fantastic if you had broken the left knuckle.

Dan

RockRunner
11-28-2010, 10:38 AM
I'll check sometime this month in NM with what I've got there. 99% sure I've got the IFS rotors, spindles and I'm not sure about the calipers. I know I've got some V6 calipers, but I'm not sure I want to part with them. I've also got a set of the 4 cylinder calipers, but they are on an 85 axle that I'm not sure I want to separate just yet.

By any chance are you in need of a LEFT steering knuckle?

I have a left knuckle that's otherwise sort of in the way, and I'd hate to separate a complete set (which is why I just bought a complete axle for the parts--not the previously mentioned axle). So it would be fantastic if you had broken the left knuckle.

Dan

I DO need the left knuckle (Drivers side). I can use the rotors and the spindles, If you want to keep the calipers that is cool, I have one set now and will have to keep looking for a second set.

Please LMK what and when you will have it, I really appreciate it.

Thanks T

DanS
11-28-2010, 11:52 AM
I DO need the left knuckle (Drivers side). I can use the rotors and the spindles, If you want to keep the calipers that is cool, I have one set now and will have to keep looking for a second set.

Please LMK what and when you will have it, I really appreciate it.

Thanks T

This just put a smile on my face. I can't stand to throw out good parts, but just one knuckle is not all that helpful normally...

I'm guessing the second week of December is when I'll drive down, and not sure when I'll drive back up with parts and whatnot...

Dan

RockRunner
11-28-2010, 06:38 PM
This just put a smile on my face. I can't stand to throw out good parts, but just one knuckle is not all that helpful normally...

I'm guessing the second week of December is when I'll drive down, and not sure when I'll drive back up with parts and whatnot...

Dan

Cool, LMK what you decide on for a return date, I may need to get the part sooner.

TIMZTOY
11-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Just putting it out there. I have an entire solid axle from a 85 hub to hub. W/ calipers, rotors exc. Exc. It was going to be my SAS axle. Doubt you'll need anything off it.

RockRunner
11-29-2010, 08:08 AM
Just putting it out there. I have an entire solid axle from a 85 hub to hub. W/ calipers, rotors exc. Exc. It was going to be my SAS axle. Doubt you'll need anything off it.

Why WAS it going to be your SAS axle? Actually I can use a ton of parts of it. LMK what you are doing and what the situation is.

Air Randy
11-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Why WAS it going to be your SAS axle? Actually I can use a ton of parts of it. LMK what you are doing and what the situation is.

I think he was originally going to try and convert his 2wd truck to 4wd, then he got his mini-truck and it's already SAS.

DaveInDenver
11-29-2010, 12:14 PM
I will dig through my junk. Like Isaac I have piles of IFS parts, pretty sure I have all the things you mention. Might have been good timing because I was going to set most of it out by the dumpster for the scrap iron scavengers...

TIMZTOY
11-29-2010, 01:23 PM
I think he was originally going to try and convert his 2wd truck to 4wd, then he got his mini-truck and it's already SAS.

Correct !! I had actually bought it like 5 years ago to SAS my 89 mini. But ended up selling it, to move to florida. :rant: then got the 99 taco 2wd while in florida for only $300.00 :hill: then was going to SAS that but couldn't afford it.

RockRunner
11-29-2010, 02:25 PM
I will dig through my junk. Like Isaac I have piles of IFS parts, pretty sure I have all the things you mention. Might have been good timing because I was going to set most of it out by the dumpster for the scrap iron scavengers...

I'll stop by and scavenge it from you. When can I do this? LMK and I'll get there ASAP.

RockRunner
11-29-2010, 02:30 PM
then got the 99 taco 2wd while in florida for only $300.00 :hill: then was going to SAS that but couldn't afford it.

ONLY $300 you were had.:eek: But that is OK we all pay to much for something somewhere along the line. If I need any parts of if or????? We'll work something out.

DaveInDenver
11-30-2010, 09:01 PM
I'll stop by and scavenge it from you. When can I do this? LMK and I'll get there ASAP.
Looks like I have a pair of rotors, hubs (inside, the part where the bearings go and the rotor bolts to) and spindles. I might have an extra set of hub locks, but I have to dig in the 'good' spares to see. I know there is at least one pair around here that I keep for trail spares, but I thought there was another. BTW, not sure how the spindles will work for you, they are set up for IFS and so they have upper and lower ball joint mounts. :-/ Is there is cutting involved? You don't happen to need upper and lower control arms, tie rods, torsion rods or IFS half shafts? I have about half a dozen of each of those... Gotta be couple of hundred lbs of scrap iron out there. Yikes!

teamextreme
11-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Hey Dave, I'm in need of the passenger lower control arm bolt assembly for my son's '89 to at least get it driveable til he saves up enough for a SAS. You have any of those lying around? It's the long bolt that attaches the lower A-arm to the frame.
Thanks,
Murray

DaveInDenver
12-01-2010, 05:47 AM
Hey Dave, I'm in need of the passenger lower control arm bolt assembly for my son's '89 to at least get it driveable til he saves up enough for a SAS. You have any of those lying around? It's the long bolt that attaches the lower A-arm to the frame.
Thanks,
Murray
I know the bolt, I've had to cut a couple of those off over the years! I'll take a look tonight and let you know.

RockRunner
12-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Thanks Dave, I just need the front stuff not the tie rods etc. I'll get a hold of you here soon...........if you ever have your radio on.

DaveInDenver
12-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Thanks,
Murray
Dug through my stash of scrap iron. 4 upper arm, 2 lower arms, but none of those bolts and nuts. Both of the lower arms still have the sleeved bushings. LMK if that helps at all. The numbers I have are:

48190-35020 (cam bolt)
48198-35010 (cam washer)
90179-16013 (nut)

Should be about $15 all together, so for a set of 4 that would be pretty expensive afterall.

RockRunner
12-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks Dave, I am more looking for the hubs and knuckles etc.

DaveInDenver
12-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks Dave, I am more looking for the hubs and knuckles etc.
Sorry Tom, I was responding to Murray about the control arms. I definitely have a pair of IFS spindles, hubs, rotors if you need them. No calipers though and I'm going to keep my extra hub lock for a spare.

teamextreme
12-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Thanks for checking Dave. I just need one, to replace the one that fell out while he was driving (He couldn't figure out why it pulled violently to one side when he even touched the brakes:eek:) If a new set is ony $15, maybe I'll just go to the dealer, or Jim's.

RockRunner
12-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry Tom, I was responding to Murray about the control arms. I definitely have a pair of IFS spindles, hubs, rotors if you need them. No calipers though and I'm going to keep my extra hub lock for a spare.

I can use those, we'll talk tomorrow.

DaveInDenver
12-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Thanks for checking Dave. I just need one, to replace the one that fell out while he was driving (He couldn't figure out why it pulled violently to one side when he even touched the brakes:eek:) If a new set is ony $15, maybe I'll just go to the dealer, or Jim's.
I once had one that the nut was stripped very badly and I think it happened during an alignment, cross threaded, over tightened, I dunno. In any case the nut was rattling around held on with maybe on thread.