PDA

View Full Version : F Engine Temperature Sender

RicardoJM
11-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Anyone have an F engine temperature sending unit laying around? I met a new cruiserhead that is having some issues with his temperature gauge. I think (but could be wrong) the temperature sending unit that he has in his truck is not compatible with his gauge. The sending unit in his truck has a blade connector and I think (but could be wrong) that he needs one that is a post with the circle on top connector - like the one in this photo (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showpost.php?p=14263&postcount=78).

Rzeppa
11-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Unfortunately that is the only one I have - I have moved it from one engine to another a couple times. These older senders work backwards electrically from newer 2F senders too. The older gauges reads pegged - hot with power off, new ones read pegged - cold when no power. If you put a newer sender in with the old gauge it will read backwards (how when it is cold and cold when it is hot) - I know because I did that once. Scared the crap out of me until I figured out what was going on.