PDA

View Full Version : Found a new specialty shop

Red_Chili
05-24-2006, 07:13 AM
I met Gary Pappas from Front Range Tire and Auto Service yesterday (located near A&A Tradin' Post on Broadway in Englewood) due to winning a contest.

Not to brag or anything, but I won $600 worth of tires. I never win stuff. But I won that. Enough about me...

Anywho, Gary sells tires, does auto service and such, competes on price with Discount and is good at customer service. That keeps the lights on. But what puts the spark in his eyes is something else... He used to build dragsters and was on some pretty spectacular race teams in the day. He is especially good at head modifications and porting, and specializes in domestic big and small blocks. He loves to squeeze ponies out of domestic powerplants and drivetrains with reliability, and tunes motors to the intended use (if 4x4 for instance, for low-mid range). He drives a Jeep but don't hold that against him...:lmao:

In the shop was a very clean twin-turbo NOS 900HP Toy Supra, fwiw... <drool>. Gary does the tuning for the guy, so he is not limited to domestics by any means.

So I thought some of you Chebbie powerplant FJ guys might like to meet him, and he definitely wants to meet us, just for fun. He will be at the next meeting. He does a radio show on KNUS (Automotive Insiders, Sunday mornings) and offered to do a spot for our club to advertise events, benefits, that sort of thing, and could do door prizes and such.

Red_Chili
05-24-2006, 07:17 AM
Oh... and... he's got a set of used 35x12.50/15 MT/Rs with a little life left that he is selling for a friend: $20 each. Good spares.

He also has a couple sets of Dana 44s, one driver's side, one passenger side front, and if someone wants to buy a lift kit or something he was thinking about tossing in the axles for cheap.

Taco SAS guys might want to look at those...

Hulk
05-24-2006, 10:36 AM
Cool. Good to know!