PDA

View Full Version : It's been a great 3 years - Last words as Commander

Romer
12-02-2010, 09:08 PM
As I said in the meeting last night, I have enjoyed the last 3 years serving the club.

This is a great club with great people. It's such a great club people wanted to join and we have grown from 35 in 2004 to 96 (or so) in 2010

The more people, the more great ideas and folks willing to help with anything. Take the Johnny fund and how we donated $1100 to that little girl who lost her Dad for College.

When someone breaks down, we mobilize to help.

This club is like the Marines, we won't leave you or your truck behind, even if its dead :hill:

This club is like the Mafia, anyone in the club is family and you don't mess with the family

The thing to be careful of lots of people, ideas and energy can create conflicts. We saw a little of that with the HAM trailer earlier in the year.

The key thing we learned there and fixed to resolve the problem was communicate.

If you have a great idea share it, if you get shot down try and explain it differently. Understand that if the club votes against it, that you had your chance to be heard, but its about whats best for the club and that sometimes means giving up on your own ideas. I have done that myself multiple times over the year. Because in the club, its not about you winning, it's about the club maintaining an open non combative atmosphere. This club isn't about bylaws, dues or really our vehicles, its about having fun:thumb:

If you hear a fellow member talk about an idea, listen to it. Ask questions. Make sure you listen through and understand what they are saying in the same way you want someone to listen to you. Try and discuss the idea in a non personal manner and describe why you are for or against it. I learn more when someone disagrees with me and it helps improve and create other ideas. Even offer up your help in further developing an idea before it is brought to the club.

This is a big club with lots of Human Beings. Every Human being has an agenda, whether they want to admit it or not. Be cognizant that you might have a different agenda and that others do as well. Some people want to change the club and add new things, some people want to keep it the way it is because it works. It's a continual balancing act

If your new leadership is doing something you don't like, PM them, call them COMMUNICATE! Offering solutions is also helpful rather than just pointing out whats wrong.

I appreciate the support you have given me and the rest of the leadership and know you will do the same as the club enters a new decade

:risingsun

Lars
12-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks again for all you have done for the club!!!:beer:

Corbet
12-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks Ken for all you have done over the years...:cheers:

farnhamstj
12-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks Ken.

So..... Who's in charge now?

RockRunner
12-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Thank you very much Ken, we all know time is valuable and you donated a ton of it. Come sit in the back of the room and enjoy the next meeting as a normal member. :cheers:

Inukshuk
12-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Ken,
Thank you and well said.
Daniel

Old40Dog
12-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Ken,

Thanks for all that you have done for this club thru your tenure and beyond! IMHO, Mission Accomplished! Great Job!

Hope you enjoy sitting back a bit and watching and advising the club going forward!

Very apprecative RS members,
Dave, Idelle, Zach & Rachel

Uncle Ben
12-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Ken,
Good form....like always...thank you! :beer2:

corsair23
12-03-2010, 02:41 AM
So..... Who's in charge now?

Our own Dr. Schlegs

And to Ken. Thanks for your stewardship the last 3 years. I learned a lot watching you, and Matt before you! I can't say that I've put to practice anything that I've learned but learned it I have :hill:

It was nice to have level headed leadership through the tough times, a firm decision maker when needed, and a good friend and mentor :thumb:

Tch2fly
12-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Ken,

I echo all the feelings of those that have posted before me, you have done a great job.

Thank you :cheers:

Cheeseman
12-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Ahh, He's Ok. Just being the Ken Romer we know and....... well....you know. And that has made all the difference.
________
BOX VAPORIZER (http://boxvaporizers.com)

TIMZTOY
12-03-2010, 08:22 PM
thanks ken for a awsome job, and thanks again for driving out to limon at like 11pm to help me get home ..

nattybumppo
12-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks, Ken for your great leadership, and for welcoming irritating newbies like me into the club with open arms. You are truly a master of diplomacy.

AxleIke
12-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Thank you Ken!

rover67
12-03-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks Ken for leading the group over the past several years, you've done a great job as Commander and we all appreciate it!

Vitesse_6
12-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Ken and all RS, Its been a pleasure to coordinate trail runs with you all.
We at Wasatch Cruisers look forward to many years of working together on what ever we can.
Thanks again
Brian Passey
Wasatch Cruisers VP