PDA

View Full Version : Rising Sun ranks low for 2010 land use project hours

Hulk
12-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Check this out:
http://www.hightrails.org/adopt_hours.html

They don't have our CUSP project hours in there, though.

Uncle Ben
12-11-2010, 01:18 AM
There is no Argentine Pass hours either!

MDH33
12-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Yeah, that's not representative at all because we had multiple days on Argentine Pass, one with a very large group. Plus the CUSP work day. Probably 250+ hours we are shorted. I submitted the volunteer forms for that day, but not to high trails directly. Is that what we are supposed to do?.

Looking over their site, they have a page for submitting your hours online. I never knew they had that, so in the future I'll make sure we get credit for our hours.

rover67
12-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah that's weird then... For Jenny Creek I just emailed Cat at the Boulder Ranger District.. heck I didn't even fill out a form. I asked her and she said don't worry about it she got it.

I wonder where the inconsistency is?

After looking at it again, it seems like they only got the stuff we reported to the BRD..

subzali
02-28-2011, 12:34 PM
I wanted to resurrect this thread again since I guess COHVCO is asking about it some more. Does anybody have an estimate of the hours we put in? I will look into and try to make a guess, but since I wasn't around last summer I could use some help...

MDH33
02-28-2011, 04:35 PM
I wanted to resurrect this thread again since I guess COHVCO is asking about it some more. Does anybody have an estimate of the hours we put in? I will look into and try to make a guess, but since I wasn't around last summer I could use some help...

The numbers that High Trails had listed for us is for Jenny Creek/BRD stuff only. We had another 150 for Argentine Pass and 96 for the CUSP project. There was another day on Argentine as well, but I didn't make that one.

Old40Dog
02-28-2011, 08:00 PM
The numbers that High Trails had listed for us is for Jenny Creek/BRD stuff only. We had another 150 for Argentine Pass and 96 for the CUSP project. There was another day on Argentine as well, but I didn't make that one.

Please talk about this at the RS meeting this week Matt!

MDH33
02-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Please talk about this at the RS meeting this week Matt!

http://advrider.s3.amazonaws.com/dhorse.gif

Lets talk about what projetcs we're going to work on this season instead. :rolleyes:

bh4rnnr
02-28-2011, 08:51 PM
http://advrider.s3.amazonaws.com/dhorse.gif

Lets talk about what projetcs we're going to work on this season instead. :rolleyes:

Agree. We only made one Argentine and Jenny Creek clean up day, aside from Root going up near the end of the season to pick up some trash on Argentine:bowdown:.

I've got it on my calendar this year to get up to Argentine at least one weekend a month this season. Mainly for selfish reasons but plan to put some hours in wherever I can.

Remember, at least on Argentine, even if you go up there by yourself, filll out a form and drop it of to Grant at the Ranger Sation in Idaho Springs. All those hours add up.

:beer: