PDA

View Full Version : New here, soon to be new in CO

smslavin
12-13-2010, 12:32 AM
I wanted to drop in and say hi. My family and I are moving up to Colorado this coming January. It's a bit of job move as well as just wanting something better for my daughters.

I've had my FJ for about 8 months now. Slowly chipping away at the mod list but it's definitely at a point where we get out and enjoy it.

Looking forward to meeting up and attending a few meetings after the New Year.

hyperboarder
12-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Welcome to the club, where are you moving to?

rover67
12-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Cool avitar, welcome!

nakman
12-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Yes nice pictures, welcome!

farnhamstj
12-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Welcome. We are a very family friendly club. Look forward to meeting you this Summer.

Uncle Ben
12-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Your pictures are fantastic! Welcome!

RedCreeper
12-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Nice work. welcome to the madness

Jacket
12-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Welcome. Where in Colorado do you expect to land?

smslavin
12-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the kudos on my work.

We'll be in Evergreen. We're making a road trip up after Christmas to try and find a place to live, check out schools, all that fun stuff.

Corbet
12-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Welcome to the forum.

There are a few of us on the western slope if you don't end up on the front range somewhere.

FJBRADY
12-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the kudos on my work.

We'll be in Evergreen. We're making a road trip up after Christmas to try and find a place to live, check out schools, all that fun stuff.

Right on and welcome!

If you want to start right away with the group we will be having a Snow run in early January (I believe it is the second weekend in Jan., Mr Yoder has more on that.....Jaderunner there is your cue to post it up).

RockRunner
12-13-2010, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the family, CO is a beautiful place to live and play.

Dr. Schlegs
12-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Welcome. As others have stated you have some very cool photos. If you are around the first Wednesday of the month please stop by Stevenson Toyota in Lakewood for our club meeting. Great time to meet people and talk shop.

corsair23
12-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Welcome :thumb:

There are several members that live in and around the Evergreen area. So feel free to post up any questions about the area regarding housing, schools, etc.

And I agree on your pictures...Awesome!! There are quite a few folks in the club that are photographers as well so you are in good company!!

waggoner5
12-13-2010, 04:30 PM
I am in the Evergreen area and although I am a little new in the area, I have found the right schools and places to hang out up here.

Caribou Sandstorm
12-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Welcome Sean!

It will be nice to have another FJC in the gang..

Looks like you are coming from So Cal, man I miss the ocean..Summers are short in Evergreen, you might also consider Golden or Boulder, as they are close to the mountains but low enough to enjoy a bit earlier spring and a bit longer fall..

My brother in law lives in Evergreen, they say the best family communities are near the schools up there and they do have pond hockey in the winter..

Our club meetings are the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 at Stevenson Toyota off of 6th and Indiana, in case you are here visiting during that week.

smslavin
12-14-2010, 03:50 PM
If you want to start right away with the group we will be having a Snow run in early January (I believe it is the second weekend in Jan.)

Sounds like a hoot but I'm not sure if we'll moved up there by then.

I am in the Evergreen area and although I am a little new in the area, I have found the right schools and places to hang out up here.

Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it once we get up there. Finding the local watering hole can sometimes be a challenge. :beer:

It will be nice to have another FJC in the gang..

Looks like you are coming from So Cal, man I miss the ocean..Summers are short in Evergreen, you might also consider Golden or Boulder, as they are close to the mountains but low enough to enjoy a bit earlier spring and a bit longer fall..

My brother in law lives in Evergreen, they say the best family communities are near the schools up there and they do have pond hockey in the winter..

Our club meetings are the first Wednesday of the month at 7:30 at Stevenson Toyota off of 6th and Indiana, in case you are here visiting during that week.

I might miss the ocean but I've got enough outdoor interests to take its place. If and when I need a fix, it'll give me an excuse to take some surf trips.

My wife has a few friends in Evergreen so that's where we're going to focus. We should be in town from 12/29 until Jan 5th or 6th. If I don't make the meeting in Jan, I'll definitely be there Feb.

baja1d
12-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Welcome... I moved out from Southern CA 10 years ago and haven't looked back. Still surf quite a bit but usually head straight to Baja or Costa Rica. Frontier has direct flights to Cabo!

Travis

Caribou Sandstorm
12-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Don't forget to hit in-n-out one last time......

smslavin
12-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Don't forget to hit in-n-out one last time......

most definitely :D