PDA

View Full Version : A Few Landcruiser Pics from the Top of The World

CBone
05-25-2006, 05:36 PM
A great friend of mine is Icelandic. We compare notes on our wheeling adventures and he recently traded in his Nissan Patrol and went with an 80 series Cruiser. Here is his explanation of work done and a few accompanying pictures. Enjoy.

"44" Dick Cepek 'fun country' tires, another (secondary) low gear, a Warn 9.5 ton winch (which can be hooked up either up front or in the back), a 3" wide custom made exhaust pipe to let the 4.2 liter 24 valve 6 cylinder diesel engine breathe properly (it's got turbine and an intercooler too), an extra 40 gallon fuel tank, sub-woofer for the iPod ready stereo, rear housing moved almost 14" further back so distance from middle of front wheel to middle of back wheel is about ten and a half feet.

Brings the rear wheel so far back that its rearmost part is almost under the rear bumper. Gives awesome weight distribution in snow and glacier conditions as well as providing for much smoother ride on those bumby snow covered highlands, gravel roads, tracks, paths, off-road scenarios I somehow find myself in while fourwheeling for fun or looking for ptarmigan or reindeer. The operation also had the differentials changed front and back to a lower ratio to counteract the larger tires, part of that was to take the rack-and pinion heart of an American made Dana 60 housing and replace the front center of the differential to strengthen it."

I have a few more pics if you all like these.

Shark Bait
05-25-2006, 05:48 PM
If he's got some unpublished photos that haven't been on the web and wants to write up a wheeling story for Toyota Trails, I'm sure our editor would appreciate it.

Send photos and pics to: todd@larkbooks.com

It almost looks like an FJ Cruiser in the background of that one pic.

60wag
05-25-2006, 09:18 PM
I like how the tires solved the rear overhang problem.

nakman
05-26-2006, 09:17 AM
Very cool... more pics! more pics!

Hulk
05-26-2006, 09:57 AM
That thing is HUGE!

the 55 guy
05-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Thats it! I will cut out the rust in the back 1/4s of my pig and put 44" tires there. rust & overhang gone!

Terry:thumb: