PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Brady's new Transfercase <build>

RLMS
12-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Steve PM'D me a couple of weeks ago and said he was have an issue with his Rock Box popping out of gear. He brought the rig down and I would take a look at it. We were hoping that it was going to be an easy fix, however.....it has grown to this!

Justin

FJBRADY
12-14-2010, 07:49 PM
That is very nice....let's see a picture of the mount you fabbed up.

That is one sexy Tcase

Uncle Ben
12-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Nice! :thumb::thumb:

RLMS
12-14-2010, 08:44 PM
His stock 3 speed t case was worn out, and the rock box needs some work, so we decided to pull them out. Next was ordering an adapter from his 420 to the new Orion case, and the Orion. I found that some shops don't put new high/low clutch sleeves and NIB main shafts. With out these parts Orions have a hard time staying in gear. Steve and I both don't want these problems. So the parts list grew a little, but hey, it's worth it!
Another issue was the Advance Adapters propeller mount, Probably the worst design for a trans mount, so we tossed that, and developed this!

I hope you like what you see Steve!:cheers:

Justin

lfd270ben
12-14-2010, 08:53 PM
How much for you to make me just the mount?

Uncle Ben
12-14-2010, 08:58 PM
Awesome mount! Good on ya!

RLMS
12-14-2010, 08:59 PM
The next problem wound up being the universal AA 420 to factory 4 speed shifter brackets. I tried every trick up my sleeve to get this done and bring the rig up to the RS X-Mas party, but the parts supplied were off enough to, allow Steve to make another decision...AA Twin Stick!:weld:

These pics are in progress, as I have had to remove the doghouse, seat, center console, and heater:hill:

So far, I am really trying to keep from cutting the floor, for a nicer finish with the twin stick boot! I have had to modify these shifters for a really nice set up . Pic 3

This first pic it the position of High gear, I made a little closer to the heater for good leg room, Steve, so if you think it is to close let me know! I will fix it!

RLMS
12-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Pic 3

The AA Twin Stick comes with these rods in a straight manner. I modified them to clear the side of the doghouse floor and had to bend them out a little for the round knobs, and good hand clearence!

Tomorrow I will finish the TS and finish the rear e brake assembly, install the drive shafts ect...

Justin

Jacket
12-14-2010, 09:10 PM
Been a long time coming.....good on ya Steve!

RLMS
12-15-2010, 04:15 PM
How much for you to make me just the mount?

PM sent your way

subzali
12-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Looks great! SM420 with a 4:1 Orion? Pretty slow...:snail:

Uncle Ben
12-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Looks great! SM420 with a 4:1 Orion? Pretty slow...:snail:

Worked for me for quite a while! Great combo!! Cant wait to go ssllllllooooooowwwwweeeeerrrrrrrr soon! :D

PhatFJ
12-15-2010, 05:06 PM
SWEEEEEET!!! Congrats Steve.......... :cheers: :thumb: :hill:

FJBRADY
12-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Took delivery Tuesday evening. This afternon I cleaned up the truck and took a peak underneath. That mount Justin made looks great under there.....I expect it to work very well.

If any one has a AA propeller mount holding their tcase I recommend calling Justin to fab up a mount pronto.

Ran it around the hood here in the Ranch and the SM420/Orion combo is very nice indeed. Heck 4th gear 2K rpm is 15 mile per hour :eek: First gear is sick slow....don't want to get behind me on trail. :snail: fo sho.

Good stuff......anybody for a Snow run pre run next Friday up Yankee hill?

Thanks again Justin, Red Line Motor Sports, good work. :thumb:

Air Randy
12-23-2010, 06:11 PM
......anybody for a Snow run pre run next Friday up Yankee hill?

Oohh, me, me :D

I got almost all your carnage on the Mule fixed. My buddy up at Paul's sewed the top, I bent out the spare tire carrier, now I just need to get a tail light lens from Justin and she's good to go.
:thumb:

FJBRADY
12-23-2010, 06:20 PM
I got almost all your carnage on the Mule fixed.

Nice you had to make that public, I feel like a :homer:

Well good then......now that I have my own rig back!

74fj40
12-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Congrats dude!

Mendocino
12-23-2010, 07:24 PM
I have the prop mount and really want to get rid of it. Justin sounds like the ticket.

BTW-Steve, you are outed; we all thought you could drive.:D Thanks Randy.:thumb:

Jacket
12-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Ran it around the hood here in the Ranch and the SM420/Orion combo is very nice indeed.

I bet that that extra low helps with finding a parking place at the mall during the Xmas rush....

Air Randy
12-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Nice you had to make that public, I feel like a :homer:

No reason to feel that way, it was just minor bumps & bruises. Liberty is a tough trail, you did good getting the old Mule all the way down and back up again taking the tough lines. If anyone else had driven it the same probably would have happened.

RockRunner
12-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Great to hear Steve! Good job RLMS!!!!! Mine is at Jeremy's getting wider and stronger, hopefully before the real snow run.

FJBRADY
12-24-2010, 02:49 PM
If anyone else had driven it the same probably would have happened.

What about Tom? :flop:

Air Randy
12-24-2010, 07:46 PM
What about Tom? :flop:

Well, anyone else but Tom :D