PDA

View Full Version : Outlaws Run 2011 September 10-18th

bh4rnnr
12-14-2010, 08:01 PM
When: September 10-18th, 2011(Saturday through Saturday, drive home Sunday).

Where: A bit of South Dakota, LOTS of Montana, and some of Wyoming.

Route: We will be starting in Belle Fouche, South Dakota, a sight of one of the many bank robberys by the Wild Bunch, from there, we will head North West, following the Powder River to Grand Isalnd, Hidaway Coulee, and the Charles M Russell Wild Life Refuge. Hidaway Coulee was one of Kid Curry's hide outs. It's there, where the Butch, Sundance and Kid Curry hid out after the Exeter Creek Hold up. While on Grand Island, the gang even tride to have Charles Russel Paint the numbers on the stolen bills. After exploring the area, we will head south, along the Missouri to Hole in the Wall, another hide out by the Wild Bunch.

This trip will be a week long journey through some awesome backcountry, hopefully staying away from civilazation as long as possible. Please plan accordingly with the nec. gear/food/fuel/and rig for such a journey

This was the route I had planned for this years trip, but since it didn't happen, WE WILL do it for 2011.

Folks that are planning on attending:

Vince and Bettie
Sean Boland
Kurt Williams (Cruiser Outfitters)
Farnham
John B (Proffitt's)
Dave K
Hugh & Kelly (Safari Ltd.)
Dan S
Shawn Cardinal
James S
John
Neil
Daniel
Perry

satchel
12-22-2010, 10:49 AM
I might be able to make this one, I really hope I can. I'm not sure if I can get a whole week off of work at once so we'll see once it gets closer.

CardinalFJ60
12-22-2010, 01:56 PM
...so I can get the hall pass...stay tuned...

It sounds awesome!

Inukshuk
12-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Destiny....

Old40Dog
02-02-2011, 06:56 AM
This looks like it could be the year! Great test run for the expedition trailer before Alaska.

Got it on the calendar....will know more by mid-summer.

bh4rnnr
02-02-2011, 07:54 AM
This looks like it could be the year! Great test run for the expedition trailer before Alaska.

Got it on the calendar....will know more by mid-summer.

Right on! Look forward to seeing the trailer in action!

:beer:

Jacket
02-02-2011, 09:10 AM
I watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid last night. Does that count as "research?"

Inukshuk
02-02-2011, 11:12 AM
This was the route I had planned for this years trip, but since it didn't happen, WE WILL do it for 2011.

Just realized that first photo is me in Wyoming 2009. Sweet.

I watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid last night. Does that count as "research?"

Hell yeah! The best kind. I watched it last month. Should be required.

MDH33
02-02-2011, 02:26 PM

Here's a couple of good write ups with photos (same article, different publications) on some of the area Perry is planning on seeing, I think. Sounds like "Missouri Breaks" might be a good movie to watch for research as well, according to the author of these articles:

http://www.off-roadweb.com/events/0801or_malta_montana_the_missouri_break/index.html

http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/adventures/rockies/0911_4wd_the_missouri_breaks/index.html

I would love to make this trip, but it's likely I'll be working for the USFS again this summer and will be pretty busy May - October. But we'll see what happens.

bh4rnnr
02-02-2011, 02:54 PM

Only if you come along:p:.

Just realized that first photo is me in Wyoming 2009. Sweet.

:)

Hell yeah! The best kind. I watched it last month. Should be required.

A good idea:cool:

Here's a couple of good write ups with photos (same article, different publications) on some of the area Perry is planning on seeing, I think. Sounds like "Missouri Breaks" might be a good movie to watch for research as well, according to the author of these articles:

http://www.off-roadweb.com/events/0801or_malta_montana_the_missouri_break/index.html

http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/adventures/rockies/0911_4wd_the_missouri_breaks/index.html

I would love to make this trip, but it's likely I'll be working for the USFS again this summer and will be pretty busy May - October. But we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the links Martin. Hopefully you can make it this year!

OilHammer
02-03-2011, 12:04 PM
We mentioned Hole in the wall on our maze trip. Should that be worked into this? It's surrounded by private land, so if that's in your plans, I will need to clear it with my neighbor, and it would need to be a small group of non-idiots. It would be a nice gesture to help the owners with cleanup or anything they need that we could bang out in an hour or something. I'm dying to go up there.....

Inukshuk
02-03-2011, 12:54 PM
a small group of non-idiots.

I guess that nixes that! ;)

Its less than an hour off of I-25 when coming in from the north side which is I think how you have to go to be crossing the private land by vehicle. So if we were going North on I-25 to Montana its worth considering

bh4rnnr
02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
We mentioned Hole in the wall on our maze trip. Should that be worked into this? It's surrounded by private land, so if that's in your plans, I will need to clear it with my neighbor, and it would need to be a small group of non-idiots. It would be a nice gesture to help the owners with cleanup or anything they need that we could bang out in an hour or something. I'm dying to go up there.....

Barry,

The plan for this year is to end at Hole in the Wall. I was going to contact them to get permision to come in from the north this time.

I'm gonna try and make a trip up there in June as well.

farnhamstj
02-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks for posting the date. I'd really like to make this one.

bh4rnnr
02-04-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks for posting the date. I'd really like to make this one.

Hope you can make it this year!

OilHammer
02-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Well, let me know when you want to run it by them. I will actually be having dinner with the owners tomorrow night, so I can bring up the topic then if you want. It might be a touch early....

Beater
02-09-2011, 07:02 AM
hmmm. Pickups make great expedition vehicles I hear.

Inukshuk
02-09-2011, 09:33 AM

They do indeed.

bh4rnnr
02-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Well, let me know when you want to run it by them. I will actually be having dinner with the owners tomorrow night, so I can bring up the topic then if you want. It might be a touch early....

That would be great, thanks Barry.

bh4rnnr
02-09-2011, 11:35 AM

Will be some good fishing opportunitys this year;).

OilHammer
02-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Finally got around to chatting with her about the hole in the wall. She mentioned that they do allow groups to go out there and that it can actually get filled up during the summer months. If you want to go that route, you will need to contact them to set that up. There is also a "fee" for using the area, but she didn't know what that would be. (She and her sister inherited the property when their father passed, but her sister actually runs the range full time). We should get a discount being friends. That said, there are various options for staying there. You can horseback, you can stay in the cabins, or you can just rough it out near the actual hole in the wall. They do have a camping area set up out there, but I don't know what that looks like. Might just be a fire ring and some leveled spots for tents.

MDH33
02-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Finally got around to chatting with her about the hole in the wall. She mentioned that they do allow groups to go out there and that it can actually get filled up during the summer months. If you want to go that route, you will need to contact them to set that up. There is also a "fee" for using the area, but she didn't know what that would be. (She and her sister inherited the property when their father passed, but her sister actually runs the range full time). We should get a discount being friends. That said, there are various options for staying there. You can horseback, you can stay in the cabins, or you can just rough it out near the actual hole in the wall. They do have a camping area set up out there, but I don't know what that looks like. Might just be a fire ring and some leveled spots for tents.

Is this Willow Creek Ranch we're talking about?

bh4rnnr
02-23-2011, 09:29 AM

Cool, thanks for doing this. Last Outlaws Run we ended up camping on the south end and hiking to Hole in the Wall. There was a great camp site on that end. My thought this time was to come in from the north to be able to check out Outlaw cave.

maybe we can get together sometime and I can show you the route i'm thinking of so you have a better idea when talking to them:blah:

I need to get together with Larry Heck as I want him to look over the route i'm thinking of for this year.

Yes.

Inukshuk
02-23-2011, 10:43 AM
My thought this time was to come in from the north to be able to check out Outlaw cave.

Ample public lands camping by the cave. Been there.

OilHammer
02-24-2011, 10:07 PM

Yes. I was designing a remodel for the main house there and need an excuse to go out and measure. Don't think I can swing the entire outlaw run, but can probably come up for the end if you guys wind up at WCR.

bh4rnnr
03-02-2011, 08:38 PM
So here is a taste of this years run. The Jeep is drivin by Larry Heck, so mind the jokes. It's been a long time since i've been to Montana!

MDH33
03-11-2011, 03:45 PM
So here is a taste of this years run. The Jeep is drivin by Larry Heck, so mind the jokes. It's been a long time since i've been to Montana!

So did you get some more info from Larry? Interested in hearing more details about the route.

bh4rnnr
03-11-2011, 08:40 PM
So did you get some more info from Larry? Interested in hearing more details about the route.

Not yet.

But the basic route is: Belle Forche- Yellowstone- Missouri. Missouri River Breaks (Think Grand Island on the Missouri). River Breaks to Hole in the Wall via either Muselshell River or Powder.

:bowdown::beer:

bh4rnnr
04-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Some more teasers of the country we will be exploring during this years run

:bowdown:

VBRoamer
04-11-2011, 11:12 AM
We'd love to sign up for this. Sounds like a great trip!

Inukshuk
04-11-2011, 06:25 PM

:welcome: :thumb:

bh4rnnr
04-12-2011, 07:35 PM

Good to here!

Were gonna have a great run this year!!:cool::cheers:

:beer::beer:

dan1554
05-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Sounds like a great adventure, sign me up too!

bh4rnnr
05-18-2011, 08:20 PM
So I orginaly planned on breaking off from the group after leaving the Breaks to have lunch with Grandpa, but after talkiing with Dad, sounds like Grandpa would have a great time with all of us coming by for lunch. Who's game?

:cool::)

VBRoamer
05-19-2011, 10:33 AM
We should fit right in!

Inukshuk
05-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Can you post up the plan? I'm also able to meet with you this weekend for an hour of map gazing.

Rock Dog
05-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Since i now have to go to my Nieces wedding in July, and will miss the BHCC, i have put in a request to get this week off to join your merry band of back road explorers (if there is room)...

Inukshuk
05-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Since i now have to go to my Nieces wedding in July, and will miss the BHCC, i have put in a request to get this week off to join your merry band of back road explorers (if there is room)...

:thumb:

Inukshuk
05-19-2011, 08:29 PM
Perry - can you start a page 1 attendee list?

bh4rnnr
05-19-2011, 08:43 PM

Since I got every one who's thinking of going in my head, yes.

bh4rnnr
05-19-2011, 09:06 PM

Here ya go:

Vince and Betty
Sean Boland
Farnham
John B (Proffitt's)
Dave K
Dan S
Shawn Cardinal
James S
John
Neil
Daniel
Perry

About ready to cut the run off:blah:

Rock Dog
05-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Here ya go:

Vince and Barbe
Sean Boland
Kurt Williams
Farnham
John B (Proffitt's)
Martin
Hugh (Saffari group)
Dan S
Shawn Cardinal
James S
John
Daniel
Perry

Did i make the cut?

VBRoamer
05-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Please change "Vince and Barbe" to "Vince and Bettie" :)

bh4rnnr
05-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Did i make the cut?

Yes.

Please change "Vince and Barbe" to "Vince and Bettie" :)

:doh:

Changed.

Old40Dog
05-23-2011, 07:03 AM
Here ya go:

Vince and Betty
Sean Boland
Farnham
John B (Proffitt's)
Martin
Dan S
Shawn Cardinal
James S
John
Neil
Daniel
Perry

I'm in as of my post 2-2-11. Thanks!

dan1554
05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Hey Perry, which Daniel is on the list? Given the confusion at the Spooky Night Run, I figure it would be best to make sure.

MDH33
05-23-2011, 07:37 PM
You can scratch me from the list Perry. Make some room for others since it sounds like you have a lot of interest in the run this year and I'll be right at the end of the FS season. I'll be planning something in October out in Utah for sure. :beer:

bh4rnnr
05-23-2011, 07:41 PM
You can scratch me from the list Perry. Make some room for others since it sounds like you have a lot of interest in the run this year and I'll be right at the end of the FS season. I'll be planning something in October out in Utah for sure. :beer:

Aww, bummer Martin, was looking forward to having you along this year..... Keep us posted for October!

Hey Perry, which Daniel is on the list? Given the confusion at the Spooky Night Run, I figure it would be best to make sure.

Both of you are on the list.

I'm in as of my post 2-2-11. Thanks!

Thought I got you on there, thanks for catching that!

bh4rnnr
05-24-2011, 08:28 PM
:drool::drool::drool::drool::bowdown:

bh4rnnr
05-26-2011, 10:58 AM
I have updated the list with those that are planning on attending. I'm thinking about riding along this year so I can focus on documenting the trip with my photographs plus, would open up another spot for some one else:blah:

bh4rnnr
07-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Bumping to remind every one that this run isnt to far off!

And just posting another pic I stoll from Google. Source of Photograph is unknown.

Blood Creek and the MusselShell River Breaks, Montana

Inukshuk
07-26-2011, 10:49 PM
woo hoo!

dan1554
07-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Nice. Summer has really been dragging along waiting for this!

bh4rnnr
08-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Being a month away:cool:,

Want to get an idea of who is for sure going so I can update first post.

Looking forward to being up there!

Old40Dog
08-13-2011, 07:09 PM

I'm a 4sure Perry!

Inukshuk
08-14-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm a 4sure Perry!

You know it. Have only ever missed one.

dan1554
08-15-2011, 11:07 AM

Confirmed!

VBRoamer
08-15-2011, 02:00 PM
4 sure for us as well!

Inukshuk
08-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Confirmed!

4 sure for us as well!

:thumb:

bh4rnnr
08-16-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm a 4sure Perry!

You know it. Have only ever missed one.

Confirmed!

4 sure for us as well!

:cool::thumb:.

Will update tonigh, along with some thoughts:blah:.

CardinalFJ60
08-16-2011, 03:17 PM
....I still have clearance, Clarence. I'm in like Flynn.

Inukshuk
08-16-2011, 08:27 PM
....I still have clearance, Clarence. I'm in like Flynn.

Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Perry?

Woodsman
08-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Must be nice. :banghead:

:cheers:

bh4rnnr
08-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Perry?

Alright first: Meeting place? Lets get this firgured out. Would be nice to meet along the way and just continue the drive. It's sounding like Kurt may not make it this year, still waiting to here back from John from Proffitt's.

Route: Original plan had us starting in Bella Fourche, then heading towards the Missouri River Breaks. To be honest, i'm open. Lots of awesome country. Only goal for the trip is the River Breaks, Kid Curry Country and Great Falls. I'm writting Grandpa that we will be taking him out to lunch that Thursday, continuing our trek south from there.

Due to unkown territory, i'm recomending at least two jerry cans per vehicle.

And thoughts on food? Would prefer something other than PB&J'S since that's what i've been living on for the last few weeks.....

dan1554
08-17-2011, 02:25 PM
And thoughts on food? Would prefer something other than PB&J'S since that's what i've been living on for the last few weeks.....

:beer: <- works for me.

Inukshuk
08-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Update: Perry and I just spent an hour going over maps and got some ideas for days 1-4.

9/10 - Sat - Day 1- meet Vince & Betty in Custer, MT and continue North to camp along the Musselshell.
9/11 - Sun - Day 2 - head towards some small mountains (Little Rockies) and Outlaw History.
9/12 - Mon - Outlaw History, Take the Ferry (!)
9/13 - Tues - continue getting lost....

More specific ideas are in the mix for the rest of the adventure, including Great Falls and maybe throwing in a museum or two and National Park. Some BIG country up there!

bh4rnnr
08-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Update: Perry and I just spent an hour going over maps and got some ideas for days 1-4.

9/10 - Sat - Day 1- meet Vince & Betty in Custer, MT and continue North to camp along the Musselshell.
9/11 - Sun - Day 2 - head towards some small mountains (Little Rockies) and Outlaw History.
9/12 - Mon - Outlaw History, Take the Ferry (!)
9/13 - Tues - continue getting lost....

More specific ideas are in the mix for the rest of the adventure, including Great Falls and maybe throwing in a museum or two and National Park. Some BIG country up there!

Thanks for posting D-Money!

Had dinner with Katie, so you beat me to it.

Just to continue Daniels post, wow, there is lots of country out there!!

Big Sky Country indeed:bowdown::cheers::thumb:

Gonna be epic!:cheers:

Inukshuk
08-21-2011, 09:02 PM
The Wild Bunch

The wild Missouri River Breaks, with their rugged, multicolored peaks, perfectly suited those traveling the outlaw trail. One such outlaw was a local man named Harvey Logan, alias “Kid Curry.” Harvey lived in the Little Rocky Mountains north of the Missouri River. He ran with some notorious outlaws, including Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid along with their gang “The Wild Bunch”. Kid Curry was known as the gangs number one gunman. The outlaws of the Missouri River Breaks have long since been cleaned out by lawman or hung by vigilantes such as Granville Stuart and his “Stuart’s Stranglers”. http://hole-in-the-wall.org/shuttles.htm

And Montana Road information: www.mdt.mt.gov/travinfo/

And one place we will go 47.737361,-109.390894 (but how do you cross a river with no bridge? Hmm....

Inukshuk
08-21-2011, 09:19 PM
More reading at: http://www.missouribreaks.org/recreat.html#Byway

and http://www.missouribreaks.org/blmhstry.htm

http://www.blm.gov/mt/st/en/fo/lewistown_field_office/umrbnm.html

http://www.travelmt.com/mt_sites_11815_Virgelle+Ferry.html -- 48.001337,-110.253656

bh4rnnr
08-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the links Daniel. Think I got most of the route from Yellowstone to Outlaw Cave figured out. Looks like one of my original route will be a no go since they put all the troublesome Grizzlies in that area. Plus the switch backs are really, really tight. Might not be good with Daves trailer....... Back to the planning:blah:.

Inukshuk
08-23-2011, 07:08 AM
Tight switchbacks and grizzlies sound great! What road is that? Vince will have his trailer too.

Woodsman
08-23-2011, 09:54 AM
All this talk of outlaws, switchbacks and grizzlies is really making me envious.

bh4rnnr
08-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Tight switchbacks and grizzlies sound great! What road is that? Vince will have his trailer too.

Morrison Road. Some good info on the internet. We would be going down the switch backs. An AMC Eagle got up the switch backs???? Did find another great route a little further east that puts us on course with Outlaw Cave:blah::cool:.

All this talk of outlaws, switchbacks and grizzlies is really making me envious.

You should be.

bh4rnnr
08-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Just got this update from KC. Hopefully they will get things under controll before we arrive.

http://www.inciweb.org/incident/2510/

Inukshuk
08-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Morrison Road. Some good info on the internet. We would be going down the switch backs.

Whoa!
http://www.sharetrails.org/magazine/article/?id=1333
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159066

"Grizzly country BIG TIME!! This is the area all the problem bears are relocated to......nice!"

Nice find. Hmmmmm.... The Outlaws Run is not about hard wheeling but that AMC Eagle made it up in just 45 minutes. Trailers can always be manhandled.

Inukshuk
08-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Dan & Dave - please PM me your e-mails.

Got my Benchmark Map book yesterday, hoping to order BLM maps still this week. Montana is a BIG place.

bh4rnnr
08-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Whoa!
http://www.sharetrails.org/magazine/article/?id=1333
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159066

"Grizzly country BIG TIME!! This is the area all the problem bears are relocated to......nice!"

Nice find. Hmmmmm.... The Outlaws Run is not about hard wheeling but that AMC Eagle made it up in just 45 minutes. Trailers can always be manhandled.

Spent most of the day Sunday looking at the Wyoming Maps East of Yellowston. Think I got another route figured out. We would be on the highway (Alt 14) a little bit further east. But we would be on dirt pretty much the whole way to Outlaw Cave. Just need to figure out if that Barnum Rd (private) allows access......

Inukshuk
08-26-2011, 02:54 PM
I just ordered maps from the BLM office in Lewistown, MT and got some more general information. The woman I spoke with said we are going to love it!

VBRoamer
08-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Just back in town and still processing all this. Sounds great. Will study up shortly. Custer here we come!

Old40Dog
08-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the links Daniel. Think I got most of the route from Yellowstone to Outlaw Cave figured out. Looks like one of my original route will be a no go since they put all the troublesome Grizzlies in that area. Plus the switch backs are really, really tight. Might not be good with Daves trailer....... Back to the planning:blah:.

Doesn't look that bad to me. I can shorten the tongue so it turns as tight as the truck. No worse than Saxon Mountain and I'd take the trailer up/down that. So don't adjust on my account. We'll git-r-done! :twocents:

Inukshuk
08-28-2011, 05:03 PM
I think the grizzlies will be great and switchbacks easy! But hey, lots of options.

VBRoamer
08-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Last week I heard a 30 minute talk on how to tell what a grizzly will do and why when you encounter one. You just have to get him or her to answer 12 multiple choice questions first. Very scientific.

Old40Dog
08-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Last week I heard a 30 minute talk on how to tell what a grizzly will do and why when you encounter one. You just have to get him or her to answer 12 multiple choice questions first. Very scientific.

Hey VBRoamer, is it a written or oral quiz? It could make a difference! If it's written, please send me a copy so I can make copies for everyone going on the run before we leave... We all need to be prepared.

VBRoamer
08-30-2011, 05:19 AM
Well, it's hard to find one that can read, so it has to be oral. If you get through all the questions, you' re safe and it was just curious. If not, then it was a predatory bear or was defending its cubs or food or both and you are likely to be one with the universe, aka "dead". This was presented by an expert so it has to be true. Right?

Old40Dog
08-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Well, it's hard to find one that can read, so it has to be oral. If you get through all the questions, you' re safe and it was just curious. If not, then it was a predatory bear or was defending its cubs or food or both and you are likely to be one with the universe, aka "dead". This was presented by an expert so it has to be true. Right?

For Sure! I'll be sleeping in the "Tree House" on this run just in case though! :eek:

Snowrun
08-30-2011, 10:48 AM
While on the subject of Grizzly there is a really good book about bear behavior and attack avoidance called "Bear Attacks Their Causes and Avoidance" By Stephen Herrero.
I suggest bringing it along so the bear has a guide on how to conduct him or her self.
:D

bh4rnnr
08-30-2011, 07:24 PM
So I think I have a great route figured out just east of that trail with the troubled Grizzly's. We would be heading east a little bit more on Alternate Route 14, but the rest of the trip to Outlaw Cave will be on dirt:cool:. I've been looking at that Morrison trail more, looks like it's a one way trail for at least a little bit. Cant figure out what way the one way is. If we did the trail, we would be going down the switch backs, heading into the trail from the Bear Tooth Highway.

Man this is going to be a great trip:cool::bowdown:

Inukshuk
08-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Ok, I'm back in! The support you guys sent me was huge. I'm still bummed I won't have my rig and can't bring the dogs - that's the worst part.

All my Montana BLM maps and guides arrived today. I loaned them to Perry so they would not distract me from work. That's Perry below holding one map and standing on front of the September Rising Sun Calendar which is a shot I took of him on Outlaw's Run 2009 in Wyoming.

dan1554
09-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Ok, I'm back in!

:woot:

Old40Dog
09-01-2011, 12:29 PM
[/FONT]So I think I have a great route figured out just east of that trail with the troubled Grizzly's. We would be heading east a little bit more on Alternate Route 14, but the rest of the trip to Outlaw Cave will be on dirt:cool:. I've been looking at that Morrison trail more, looks like it's a one way trail for at least a little bit. Cant figure out what way the one way is. If we did the trail, we would be going down the switch backs, heading into the trail from the Bear Tooth Highway.

Man this is going to be a great trip:cool::bowdown:

Don't worry Perry! We'll only be going one way anyway!

Caribou Sandstorm
09-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Ok, I'm back in! The support you guys sent me was huge. I'm still bummed I won't have my rig and can't bring the dogs - that's the worst part.

All my Montana BLM maps and guides arrived today. I loaned them to Perry so they would not distract me from work. That's Perry below holding one map and standing on front of the September Rising Sun Calendar which is a shot I took of him on Outlaw's Run 2009 in Wyoming.

Nice haircut young man! Must be trying to impress the ladies!

bh4rnnr
09-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Nice haircut young man! Must be trying to impress the ladies!

Thanks:), but what is this "Ladies" word you speak of:confused:

Caribou Sandstorm
09-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Plural for lady..:D

That's like the first chapter in the single guys hand book..:thumb:

rover67
09-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Daniel, I'm stoked for you that you are still going on the trip. Bummer about the Head Gasket, but those things happen. Way to not let it be the thing that pulls you from the trip.

Perry, the new hair cut looks nice. You clean up Ok after all.

bh4rnnr
09-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Hmm, youtub doesnt seem to like it's own movie?

Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UfRi3TZn3E

Guess the country is gonna be alright:bowdown:.

:beer::beer:

Caribou Sandstorm
09-02-2011, 07:11 PM
This is going to be an awesome run! One of these days......on my bucket list.

Inukshuk
09-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Daniel, I'm stoked for you that you are still going on the trip. Bummer about the Head Gasket, but those things happen. Way to not let it be the thing that pulls you from the trip.

Yes and thanks. It will just be a different experience.

This is going to be an awesome run! One of these days......on my bucket list.

I have just been studying maps and Google earth and plotting possible routes. Sunday and Monday are looking pretty sweet! Even a few where I am not quite sure if the road goes through :thumb: and others that have warning signs :cheers:. We should be able to camp on the river or a bluff overlooking it three nights

CardinalFJ60
09-06-2011, 01:09 PM
hmmmm....OK...I've got kids. But I couldn't help it.

bh4rnnr
09-06-2011, 05:09 PM
hmmmm....OK...I've got kids. But I couldn't help it.

Funny, that's what Matt's kids call me. Been trying to figure out a good "Outlaw" name today...

Jacket
09-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Funny, that's what Matt's kids call me. Been trying to figure out a good "Outlaw" name today...

:thumb: :bowdown: Phineas and Ferb

CardinalFJ60
09-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Phineas and Ferb are wicked cool (at least that's what we say back east, anyway). :D:thumb:

so...I think I like where this is going.

Markofsky = Phineas
Perry = Ferb

bh4rnnr
09-06-2011, 07:01 PM
Artical on the Breaks (http://www.off-roadweb.com/events/0801or_malta_montana_the_missouri_break/viewall.html) from Larry Heck.

Inukshuk
09-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Phineas and Ferb are wicked cool (at least that's what we say back east, anyway). :D:thumb:

so...I think I like where this is going.

Markofsky = Phineas
Perry = Ferb

OK, Candace

CardinalFJ60
09-07-2011, 03:41 PM
well...I walked right into THAT one, didn't I!?

Inukshuk
09-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I had never seen that cartoon before and it IS cool!

CardinalFJ60
09-09-2011, 08:44 PM
I've the aprs setup in the 60, if anyone is interested in seeing where we are go to aprs.fi and search for KD0MZE. :thumb:

Inukshuk
09-09-2011, 11:26 PM
KD0MZE · center · zoom · info
2011-09-09 14:57:57z
65 MPH 109° alt 5312 ft
TinyTrak3
TinyTrak3 v1.1
Mic-E: In service
[S9TYWY via W0RSR,WIDE1*,WIDE2-1,qAR,KC0WUV-15]
being tracked · stop tracking · track in Street View

MDH33
09-10-2011, 08:02 AM
I've the aprs setup in the 60, if anyone is interested in seeing where we are go to aprs.fi and search for KD0MZE. :thumb:

Have fun Outlaws! :guapo:

Hope you have great weather, no break downs, and don't run out of :beer:.

Enjoy the journey. Looking forward to the photos and trip report.