PDA

View Full Version : Garvin Wilderness Rack

Nay
12-15-2010, 07:14 PM
I have picked up a full length Thule setup with a "Moab" rack for my 80 to handle a need for more capacity and cross bars for ski mounts now that I have my whole crew on the slopes.

My Garvin Wilderness rack is for sale. The left rear corner is a bent slightly due to unnecessary extra attempts at the left side of doubt slab on Old Chinaman close up under the big tree, but could be straightened without much effort.

Everything else is in good shape, although some paint touch up in a few spots is in order. Mounts via rain gutter.

$150 - I can deliver reasonably to Denver.

4runner luv
12-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Could you possibly post the dimensions? If it will fit my 4runner, I would like to have a look.

Thanks

Nay
12-15-2010, 08:24 PM
It's a sport series rack here:

http://wildernessracks.com/roof_sport_rack.html

It's 60" long, 54" wide, 4" high. Should fit a Runner well. On my 80, it came up to just behind the sunroof.

azcromntic
12-15-2010, 09:40 PM
I'll take it if you can meet in Castle rock. Well, I should look at some pics of the corner that is messed up first. Please send pics if you can to andrew@diversateach.com. I live in colorado springs so pics are about the easiest way to inspect it. Unless you live in the springs also. Ohhh, does it come with the latches er whatever they are called that hold it down?

Thanks,

Andrew

hyperboarder
12-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Does it have a spare tire mount? Any idea if it'll fit a 60?

Nay
12-16-2010, 12:51 PM
I'll take it if you can meet in Castle rock. Well, I should look at some pics of the corner that is messed up first. Please send pics if you can to andrew@diversateach.com. I live in colorado springs so pics are about the easiest way to inspect it. Unless you live in the springs also. Ohhh, does it come with the latches er whatever they are called that hold it down?

Thanks,

Andrew

I'm in Monument, so meeting towards the Springs should be easy. Let me get a pic to you of the corner.

I have a cargo net that came with it, and I also have a tire carrier. I didn't include the tire carrier in the price as I may keep it, but certainly willing to discuss.

4runner luv
12-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Eh.... bout a foot too wide. I think the most width I could handle is about 44". :(

azcromntic
12-16-2010, 10:03 PM
I'm in Monument, so meeting towards the Springs should be easy. Let me get a pic to you of the corner.

I have a cargo net that came with it, and I also have a tire carrier. I didn't include the tire carrier in the price as I may keep it, but certainly willing to discuss.

Monument isn't that far at all. If I get a chance this weekend I'll come up. In the mean time please send that picture. The tire carrier is for the rack? What about the latches? Thanks!

Andrew

Nay
12-20-2010, 04:23 PM
Here is a pic where it is bent. The corner at the bottom of the pic is not damaged - that is some tree rubbing of the paint showing up in a cell phone picture flash exposure - the damage is only the bending downward at point where the rear section bolts to the side frame rail.

Nay
12-20-2010, 05:10 PM
Monument isn't that far at all. If I get a chance this weekend I'll come up. In the mean time please send that picture. The tire carrier is for the rack? What about the latches? Thanks!

Andrew

It has the rain gutter mounts, if that's what you are asking? Basically ready to bolt on - you can see them in the picture above.

Old40Dog
12-20-2010, 10:04 PM
If any of these fall throught Nay, just drop me a PM. I have 2 = 80's that would fit perfectly under this puppy! :cool: I can pick up in a day or two. LMK!

Nay
12-21-2010, 08:05 PM
If any of these fall throught Nay, just drop me a PM. I have 2 = 80's that would fit perfectly under this puppy! :cool: I can pick up in a day or two. LMK!

Will do - I'll let you know tomorrow if it is available.