PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Trail Sunday Dec 19th

Air Randy
12-17-2010, 11:34 AM
It's supposed to be mid-50's and clear on Sunday. I called the BLM and confirmed the Liberty Trail is dry and will be open down by Penrose. Anyone interested in running this? You should have 33's and rear locker minimum, being a little more built is good. Check out traildamage.com for more info. This is a fun but challenging trail.

We will plan to run the trail down, then turn around and come back out the same way. We should try to be at the trailhead by 9 AM as this is a popular trail and we want to get caught behind as few people as possible.

Uncle Ben
12-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Just an aside...
The whole Independence (Penrose) system is very spectator friendly! The area is small and rocks are big! Many photo ops abound!

Air Randy
12-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Just an aside...
The whole Independence (Penrose) system is very spectator friendly! The area is small and rocks are big! Many photo ops abound!

Good point UB! Even if folks are driving stock rigs they can drive to the trailhead easy enough. From there you can watch the big buggies run the really hard trails like Independence and Patriot. You sit right on top of a small canyon and look down on them, the entire trail is only 1/4 of a mile long.

Liberty is longer but still easy to walk down or catch a ride with someone who has an extra seat.

J Kimmel
12-18-2010, 09:19 AM
sounds fun, busy though :( Looking to head down sometime between Christmas and New Years if you're around though :)

Air Randy
12-18-2010, 05:54 PM
sounds fun, busy though :( Looking to head down sometime between Christmas and New Years if you're around though :)

Definitely, I'm going to be in town the next two weeks with a light schedule, we could even go during the week and miss the crowds.

Air Randy
12-18-2010, 09:24 PM
If anyone else decides to come down, were getting a late start. We'll be to the trailhead around 11 AM.

J Kimmel
12-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Definitely, I'm going to be in town the next two weeks with a light schedule, we could even go during the week and miss the crowds.

I think thats definitely going to be the plan :)