PDA

View Full Version : Official 2006 Triple Bypass Thread

Groucho
05-26-2006, 09:33 AM
So here it is. I hope that this can be another of the many exciting and fun trips Rising Sun Does this summer.

Just for and idea of what this trip has been like in the past:

A quick paced run over 3 mountain passes in one day. Typically run the third weekend in August due to snowpack levels limiting travel. (This will not be the case this year, as the 3rd weekend in Aug is the TLCA Rally). It is usually at least an overnight, but early birds could be at trailhead if a one day run is desired. Head out on friday after work, camp overnight, do the run then head home.

Typically the pass choices have included--
Pearl Pass
Taylor Pass
Schofield Pass
Italian Creek Pass (alternate)

Pass choice depends on snowpack, pass choice gives two very different routes with equally great scenery and challenge.

Starting/camping/lodging points have been:
Dorchester Campground in Taylor Park, over Cottonwood Pass, just west of Buena Vista.
OR
Crested Butte.

Some cool visiting points are the town of Ashcroft between Pearl and Taylor Passes, and Taylor Lake, just below Taylor Pass. This has always been a fun trip, and I don't ever remember the same things happening twice.

Please post interest and ideas for dates, keeping in mind the earlier it is attempted, the more likelyhood of being blocked by snow. Final dates probably will be set based on interest and availability of dates.

Nathaniel.

subzali
05-27-2006, 09:06 PM
I could be in if it's the weekend after the rally.

Bruce Miller
06-02-2006, 09:58 AM
I called my contact in Crested Butte yesterday to check on snow levels and depths. She said the snow is very deep in the trees at low elevations due to above average snowpack last winter. Most all roads leading up to the high country are impassable. When I asked about getting over Pearl Pass anytime soon, she laughed and said the snow was too deep to even get close. It looks like trip dates for the TBP this year will be tentative, as usual, but probably the 2nd half of August. The TBP trip date will have to take into consideration the RS Rally and our daughter's August 19 wedding. The trip leaves Crested Butte at 8:00 AM sharp, takes us over, in order, Pearl Pass to Ashcroft, over Taylor Pass down into Taylor Park, then over Italian Creek Pass with its pucker power shelf road, down into Crested Butte. The trip officially ends at the pub in CB with a cold brew pop. I'll continue to check snow conditions and report back here.

Uncle Ben
06-02-2006, 10:36 AM
I called my contact in Crested Butte yesterday to check on snow levels and depths. She said the snow is very deep in the trees at low elevations due to above average snowpack last winter. Most all roads leading up to the high country are impassable. When I asked about getting over Pearl Pass anytime soon, she laughed and said the snow was too deep to even get close. It looks like trip dates for the TBP this year will be tentative, as usual, but probably the 2nd half of August. The TBP trip date will have to take into consideration the RS Rally and our daughter's August 19 wedding. The trip leaves Crested Butte at 8:00 AM sharp, takes us over, in order, Pearl Pass to Ashcroft, over Taylor Pass down into Taylor Park, then over Italian Creek Pass with its pucker power shelf road, down into Crested Butte. The trip officially ends at the pub in CB with a cold brew pop. I'll continue to check snow conditions and report back here.

I wanna go.....its an awesome trip! Timing will be everything!

Hulk
06-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Now that I have the 80 built, I'd love to go on this run. Our summer schedule is packed -- but Labor Day weekend might be a good option for us.

JadeRunner
06-02-2006, 04:52 PM
I heard the owners of the Idlespur brewery in the Butte sold and it's going to be a clothing store now. That's really sucks. I was camping on Italian Creek last weekend and we only made it 3/4 of the way up to the first pass on the Italian trail. Huge snows up there this year.

Shark Bait
06-02-2006, 09:20 PM
I've run it the weekend after Labor Day. :eek: :D

wesintl
07-11-2006, 02:49 PM
http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=69644

looks like schofield is already open...

Bruce Miller
07-19-2006, 12:04 PM
<EDIT>"Saturday, September 9th. The meeting place will be the Dorchester Campground at 8:00 AM that Saturday morning. Dorchester Campground is on the north side of Taylor Park and the Taylor Reservoir."<EDIT>

We realize there is a conflict with the Jenny Creek work session, but as of last Sunday, Pearl Pass is still blocked due to snow, we can't go too late into September, due to new snow, and our daughter's wedding is August 19th.

Historically, the TBP has been the 3rd Saturday of August. We can't do Labor Day weekend since we are wheeling in Ouray that weekend.

Please post if you are planning on going so we can look for you in Dorchesterthat Saturday morning.

Admin edit old date and meeting place to new sept 9th date and meeting place

treerootCO
07-19-2006, 12:17 PM
I would love to make this trip but I am too involved with the Jenny Creek project.

Red_Chili
07-19-2006, 02:42 PM
We realize there is a conflict with the Jenny Creek work session, but as of last Sunday, Pearl Pass is still blocked due to snow, we can't go too late into September, due to new snow, and our daughter's wedding is August 19th.

Historically, the TBP has been the 3rd Saturday of August. We can't do Labor Day weekend since we are wheeling in Ouray that weekend.

Please post if you are planning on going so we can look for you in Crested Butte that Saturday morning.

I hope this does not compete for volunteers for the Jenny Creek project. It is a major opportunity for the club; I really tried to shoehorn it in a time that worked for the club.

Bruce Miller
07-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Due to the amount of interest in the Jenny Creek project and in the Triple Bypass trip, we can change the trip date to Saturday, September 9th. It doesn't matter which date we go, we're happy to make this trip on the date most popular with club members.

The down side to September 9th is, if you were planning joining us in Ouray, then you're doing two runs back to back.

In order to determine which date, we will go with the majority. We will start another thread with a poll. Vote for your choice of dates.

For the poll, go here:
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=1784

wesintl
07-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Do you think Pearl will be open the 9th? Or can you not do that before the wedding?

Bruce Miller
07-19-2006, 04:30 PM
August 9th is a Wednesday. It was made perfectly clear to me by the boss that I am not wheeling in the few weeks just prior to the wedding.

Three Wheel Ben
07-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Due to the amount of interest in the Jenny Creek project and in the Triple Bypass trip, we can change the trip date to Saturday, September 9th. It doesn't matter which date we go, we're happy to make this trip on the date most popular with club members.

The down side to September 9th is, if you were planning joining us in Ouray, then you're doing two runs back to back.

In order to determine which date, we will go with the majority. We will start another thread with a poll. Vote for your choice of dates.

For the poll, go here:
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=1784

Just wanted to point out that if you do either date 8-26 or 9-9 and the ouray trip you are doing back to back weekends.

Bruce, I'm in for both ouray and bypass (doesn't matter which day for the bypass run). Will most likely camp in ouray at the amphitheater campground (about 1 mi south of town).

Red_Chili
07-20-2006, 06:57 AM
Due to the amount of interest in the Jenny Creek project and in the Triple Bypass trip, we can change the trip date to Saturday, September 9th.
THANKYOU, Bruce!:thumb:
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU.
Very cool.:cheers:

Bruce Miller
07-24-2006, 08:08 AM
3 hours. That's how long we figure the drive is from the intersection of C-470 and Highway 285 to Crested Butte. That's driving Highway 285 to Buena Vista, then driving over Cottonwood Pass and down into Taylor Park, around the dam, and down the Taylor River to Forest Service road #813, the cutoff to Jack's Cabin, then from Jack's Cabin up Highway 135 2 miles into CB.

Since the brew pub in CB has been sold and is closed, we are thinking of changing the starting/finishing point to the Dorchester Campground area which is on the north side of Taylor Park. We then 4 wheel over Italian Creek Pass towards Crested Butte, then over Pearl Pass to Ashcroft then over Taylor Pass to the Dorchester Campground area. This area is loaded with group camping spots and out of the fee area like Dorchester.

So, if you're thinking the Triple Bypass is far from home, it's possible to wake early in your Denver home, drive to the start point by 8:00 AM, make the run and be back home by 9:00 PM. If we camp in Taylor Park near Dorchester, the drive is shortened by about 1/2 hour.

Driving up Friday after work and camping might make be a little more enjoyable. We'll have a group campfire, sit out under the stars and tell wheeling stories.

Hope to see you at this, the 7th annual Triple Bypass.

Bruce Miller
07-26-2006, 04:40 PM
As a result of the poll, this year's 7th annual TBP trip will be on Saturday, September 9th. The meeting place will be the Dorchester Campground at 8:00 AM that Saturday morning. Dorchester Campground is on the north side of Taylor Park and the Taylor Reservoir.

We think the fastest route to Dorchester from Denver is Highway 285 to Buena Vista, then out of Buena Vista over Cottonwood Pass and down into Taylor Park. Where the Cottonwood Pass road dead ends at Taylor Reservoir, turn right or north and drive to Dorchester Campground. We think this trip will take about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

wesintl
07-26-2006, 04:50 PM
I've added it to the calendar.

gosh. I'd really love to do schofield. I'll see if I can do it fri or maybe sunday.

Convert
07-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Triple Bypass is added to our calander. Really looking forward to this run.
Dan

subzali
07-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Planning on being there!

Three Wheel Ben
07-27-2006, 06:10 AM
I've added it to the calendar.

gosh. I'd really love to do schofield. I'll see if I can do it fri or maybe sunday.

Wes, I might be interested in doing schofield sunday.

subzali
07-27-2006, 06:47 AM
While we're down there I might as well do Schofield too :rolleyes: :D

Bruce Miller
07-27-2006, 07:25 AM
We plan on staying in southern Colorado the week between the Ouray trip and the TBP. If anyone is up for doing Schofield on Friday, let's do it.

Three Wheel Ben
07-27-2006, 09:03 AM
We plan on staying in southern Colorado the week between the Ouray trip and the TBP. If anyone is up for doing Schofield on Friday, let's do it.

If the group does it on friday, let me know. Maybe I'll cut Ouray 1 day short (I'll be there for 5 days) and so schofield instead.

Convert
07-27-2006, 06:47 PM
I may be interested in Schofield on sunday also

MDH33
07-28-2006, 08:16 AM
I was wondering if you all would allow a non-member to tag along? I haven't been able to make it to a meeting yet, but I'll be at the Rally for certain. It would be cool to meet some of you and do the TBP. I have a stocker 85 FJ60 and a 73 FJ40 with a 2F and mild lift.

:cheers:

Bruce Miller
07-28-2006, 08:36 AM
Sure, Martin, you are welcome to join us. Do you have the time, date, and meeting place information?

MDH33
07-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks! Looking forward to it! :D

"Saturday, September 9th. The meeting place will be the Dorchester Campground at 8:00 AM that Saturday morning. Dorchester Campground is on the north side of Taylor Park and the Taylor Reservoir."

I'm going to plan on heading over on Friday afternoon and camp Friday and Saturday night. If the group is doing Schofield Pass on Sunday, I'd be up for that as well. :thumb:

Klunky Chris
07-31-2006, 10:09 AM
:woot: :bowdown:
wow! this looks WAY cool!
I have a HUGE favor to ask you all. If you could go a little out of your way and take me with you I would be eternally gratefull!

As I stated in this (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=1631) thread, I'm flying out to Denver for work. I'll be hitting the ground @ Denver Airport 11:55am local on Friday Sept 8th (Delta flight 513 from Atlanta) and don't have to be at *work* until late Monday night (11th)

I would LOVE to come along if someone is willing to drag me! The entire weekend is free after noon Fri, and I've got the following week to actually check out Denver. I'd rather spend the time on the trail :D
I can probably pack a sleeping bag with me, but a tent and other gear would be difficult. I'd obviously be willing to pitch in for food, fees, gas as well. Me, a big suitcase, and a cary-on, (maybe 2 if I bring my DV cam...) will hopefully fit somewhere? :D

Anyway, there's no rush as this is a bit off and my flight is already booked, but I thought I'd put a feeler out there.

Thanks!!!

Chris Basehore
cell# 717-816-2795

Three Wheel Ben
07-31-2006, 11:11 AM
Chris, I'll be taking the 100 and should have enough room if you would like to join. Not sure if my daughters are going as of yet. If you can put up with them your welcome to tag along. (They are 8 & 5). We plan on going over friday evening and camping fri & sat nights. Hopefully running schofield sunday and coming back to denver sun evening.

ben

MDH33
07-31-2006, 11:23 AM
Oops. Hope I didn't start something by asking to participate. :confused: I know Rising Sun isn't a trail guide service and I don't want to take advantage without going through the membership process, dues, etc. I guess I'll bow out on the TBP and maybe I'll participate in a future run if I become a member at some point. Thanks for the offer.

:cheers:

wesintl
07-31-2006, 11:48 AM
You're more than welcome. Not everyone has been over all the passes that will attend.

Also per the bylaws you need to attend a Rising Sun event as a requirement prior to being voted in. You might as well attend this one :) Then get voted in as a member. http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/joinrs.asp

Chris, I may have some room too.

MDH33
07-31-2006, 12:20 PM
Right on. :) Thanks for being so accommodating.

subzali
07-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Well not to let a huge secret out but I'm not a member yet and these guys have let me go on a LOT of trail runs! And a lot of them I'd like to consider my friends! I just haven't been able to pony up the membership dues in December, school and all....:(

Hulk
07-31-2006, 08:57 PM
We're going to have to feed you beer until we kill those brain cells where the super secret Rising Sun hand shake is stored.

nakman
07-31-2006, 09:49 PM
That's true, Subzali has been freeloading off of us for years.. dude hurry up and graduate & get a real job already! ! :)

Chris, this is definitely a trip to go on, you will see some of the best scenery in the world. Both Ben & Wes have fridges so either way you'll be all set, I'd offer a seat as well but we can't swing this run this year, but next year for sure when my son is a little older. :cheers:

Nay
08-01-2006, 10:38 AM
I am going to try and make this trip. I haven't camped at Dorchester since the first Fall I lived in CO (1998) and I absolutely love this loop. First week of Sept should be spectacular for scenery.

What's the backup plan if we get to the top of Pearl and it's still snowed in? More time in CB? :beer: :thumb: :cheers:

Nay

Klunky Chris
08-01-2006, 11:43 AM
I'm really looking forward to this!
Thanks Ben and Wes for the ride offers!!! I'll be taking someone up on it for sure.

As for being a *tent mate* with someone. I should warn everybody that I snore horribly.... hopefully someone has tent room and can deal with it :confused:

MDH33
08-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Chris, I have a spare tent and some extra gear I can bring along for you. You just have to supply your own :beer:

I'll be out there Friday and Saturday night and heading back sometime Sunday. If anyone else is staying to do other trails Sunday I'll be in on that too.

Is everyone planning on staying at the Dorchester campground? Or are there other good camping spots around?

Nay
08-01-2006, 02:49 PM
I am going to try and make this trip. I haven't camped at Dorchester since the first Fall I lived in CO (1998) and I absolutely love this loop. First week of Sept should be spectacular for scenery.

What's the backup plan if we get to the top of Pearl and it's still snowed in? More time in CB? :beer: :thumb: :cheers:

Nay

Ok, I just went out and spent $500 on sleeping bags and gear for the kids...so count me in :cheers:

Klunky Chris
08-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Chris, I have a spare tent and some extra gear I can bring along for you. You just have to supply your own :beer:
WOW!
That's excellent! Thanks Martin!
Now if I could only find a way to bring some Yuengling Lager (http://www.yuengling.com/)out with me.... Americas oldest brewery you know :D
Be a cool trade. I know you guys have some good local beverages out there!

This is so cool. I'm totally psyked!

wesintl
08-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Carry it on Chris. I usually take a case of fat tire home to Va. for the friends whenever I visit.

Bruce Miller
08-01-2006, 03:30 PM
If Pearl Pass is closed due to snow, it will only be because of new snow, not snow from last winter. Although new snow is possible, I think it's unlikely. The Farmer's Almanac says cool temps September 9th with the first measurable snowfall in October.

I am hoping we can all camp at one of the unofficial "group" camping spots to the north of the Dorchester Campground. Dorchester is a fee area. I don't think the group spots are "fee" areas since there's no outhouse or well water as in Dorchester. Unless you think the campground is the place to be due to kids and facilities, it may be fun to camp together. That way, we can all contribute to one group campfire and when the bears haul off one of the kids, one of us can point in the direction the bear took off in.

Convert
08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
We are going to stay in the Fairplay / Hartsel area and drive over in the am.
Dan

Groucho
08-03-2006, 11:28 AM
THANKYOU, Bruce!:thumb:
THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU.
Very cool.:cheers:

So we'll se you at the TBP, right?:thumb:

Romer
08-08-2006, 06:56 AM
I can't find the campground on my Ataas. One web serach puts it inside of Gunnison and the other puts it 10 miles from Aspen. I can find Taylor Park Res. Doubt I will be camping with you, just want to make sure I understand where the meeting point is. I am about 60% right now about going.

MDH33
08-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Not 100% sure myself, but from what I could find, it's just north of the the spot where the Italian creek trail meets the Taylor Pass trail. The intersection is a bit north of the Taylor Reservoir. Here's a map, I circled the campground that I believe is Dorchester. Taylor Reservoir is at the bottom.

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/86794382-L.jpg

wesintl
08-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Go over cottonwood from buena vista and once you hit Taylor park Res (pic above) make a right and follow it up to dorchester. Taylor park is a really pretty area.

Shark Bait
08-08-2006, 09:38 AM
As a result of the poll, this year's 7th annual TBP trip will be on Saturday, September 9th. The meeting place will be the Dorchester Campground at 8:00 AM that Saturday morning. Dorchester Campground is on the north side of Taylor Park and the Taylor Reservoir.

We think the fastest route to Dorchester from Denver is Highway 285 to Buena Vista, then out of Buena Vista over Cottonwood Pass and down into Taylor Park. Where the Cottonwood Pass road dead ends at Taylor Reservoir, turn right or north and drive to Dorchester Campground. We think this trip will take about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

So you think maybe it's an hour from BV? If Jeanette comes with me we might try and stay in BV Friday night and come over in the morning. If I'm by myself, maybe I'll bring my sleeping bag. :p:

Bruce Miller
08-09-2006, 07:54 AM
By my calculations I think it's 25 miles from BV to Taylor Reservoir. From that point, I think it's 15 more miles north to Dorchester Campground, our meeting place. Times are calculated as if you drive like my kids drive, that is, all four wheels are never on the ground at the same time. Times may be longer if your navigator's screaming causes you to slow down.

Beachboy
08-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Bruce, If the date of Sept. 8th is still good, I would love to do the trip again. It doesn't matter to me where we start.

Convert
08-09-2006, 09:05 PM
We are going to run over to Taylor Res. this weekend to fish and geocache so I will see what the time frame is from BV to Taylor Res
Dan

Bruce Miller
08-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Brian,
The day we actually wheel the Triple Bypass is on Saturday, September 9th, leaving the Dorchester Campground at 8:00 AM that Saturday morning. We're driving to the Dorchester area on Friday the 8th, then driving back home on Sunday the 10th.

If the trip goes as planned, we should be driving down Taylor Pass and back to Dorchester about 6:00 PM Saturday evening.

Convert
08-15-2006, 09:31 AM
So you think maybe it's an hour from BV? If Jeanette comes with me we might try and stay in BV Friday night and come over in the morning. If I'm by myself, maybe I'll bring my sleeping bag. :p:

Driving the speed limit and with some traffic it took 45 min to get to taylor res from BV on Saturday

Bruce Miller
08-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Here's who I think is going on the Triple Bypass trip. Please let me know if my information is incorrect. The names are: subzali, uncle ben, hulk, lexusben, wes, convert, martin, klunky chris, nay, romer, & beachboy.

I want to know who I'm looking for as we gather at the Dorchester Campground Saturday morning.

MDH33
08-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Confirming I'll be there. :thumb:

Is there going to be a group campsite? I'll be heading in Friday afternoon. I'll be in my Green FJ40.

Also: I was wondering if anyone else is heading down Friday from the Denver area and might want to caravan (if you also have a slow rig) ?

Hulk
08-15-2006, 03:30 PM
I've got to rebuild my front axle. If I get this done, I'm in.

I must pick only one: Triple Bypass or Ouray. It's looking more like the Triple Bypass will be chosen.

Badmoon
08-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Hi all:
I just joined the forum and have a couple questions. I don't want to be a party crasher, but was wondering if you'd mind another non-member joining you for the TBP? We've vacationed in Colo nearly every summer since 1990, but I couldn't break free from work this year & I'm having severe withdrawls! Anyhoo, the wife gave me clearance to make this run (she's heard me say how fun it sounds too many times I guess) if I could finish my work projects in time. I'd be coming by myself and would offer to bring some good local brew, if only there were such a thing :o (Oklahoma is a 3.2 state afterall). Thanks for the B/W- you have a great site.

Dave Rising ( really is my last name :cool: )

Uncle Ben
08-15-2006, 11:41 PM
I'll vouch for Rising. He's a top notch guy....just don't let him know I said that! :rolleyes: :thumb: ;) Dang now I want to go even more...... WARNING: Dave is really an undercover Texan and he will be trying to buy any hotels and/or tourist traps along the way so watch him closely! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :hill: :cheers:
Hi all:
I just joined the forum and have a couple questions. I don't want to be a party crasher, but was wondering if you'd mind another non-member joining you for the TBP? We've vacationed in Colo nearly every summer since 1990, but I couldn't break free from work this year & I'm having severe withdrawls! Anyhoo, the wife gave me clearance to make this run (she's heard me say how fun it sounds too many times I guess) if I could finish my work projects in time. I'd be coming by myself and would offer to bring some good local brew, if only there were such a thing :o (Oklahoma is a 3.2 state afterall). Thanks for the B/W- you have a great site.

Dave Rising ( really is my last name :cool: )

Nay
08-16-2006, 07:59 AM
Yes, confirming I'm attending. Four kids onboard (all small and very well mannered ;) ) so you can't miss us :cheers:

Nay

Bruce Miller
08-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Dave Rising, I've got you on the confirmed list. We will be looking for you at the meeting place, Dorchester Campground, before 8:00 AM Saturday morning, September 9th.

I think you will enjoy this trip. It's an awful lot of wheeling thru some spectacular scenery.

Three Wheel Ben
08-16-2006, 03:01 PM
As with Ouray, I'm in as long as the baby is still "in".

Badmoon
08-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Kevin, thanks for the kind words- all but that part about being a Texan. You KNOW I'm not that cultured :hill: I could however, easily be convinced to become a Coloradoan :thumb: Seriously, I'm really looking forward to some time off with great company and great scenary. I've been over Cottonwood Pass to Taylor Res, but not north to the campground; what is that road like? Is it good enough to get there with a Duramax towing an 18' trailer? If not, is there someplace I could offload and leave the pickup and trailer? My other choices are to drive my 99 Tacoma TRD, but it doesn't have any sliders or rear protection and I don't really want to tear it up as I'm getting ready to sell it. Or I could drive the wifes' 94 FZJ80- same problems there though, so I'd really prefer to bring the 40 (not necessarily driving it all the way tho!) Should I expect any problems with these passes driving a 40 lifted 2.5" with 33x12.50x 15 BFG MT's? I'm locked front and rear. Bruce and all- thanks for allowing a stranger into the mix; I promise not to buy any properties this trip:D Thanks again,

Dave

Convert
08-17-2006, 06:45 AM
Confirming I will be there:thumb:

MDH33
08-17-2006, 08:49 AM
I've been over Cottonwood Pass to Taylor Res, but not north to the campground; what is that road like? Is it good enough to get there with a Duramax towing an 18' trailer?

Should I expect any problems with these passes driving a 40 lifted 2.5" with 33x12.50x 15 BFG MT's? I'm locked front and rear.

Hi Dave,

The road North to Taylor reservoir is a mantained, graded dirt road and there should be plenty of room for a trailer/offloading, etc.

I'm wondering about your second question myself. My 40 has 2.5" lift with 31's and no lockers, so I'm wondering how we'll fare on these trails too. There are suppossed to be some difficult sections, but your rig is better equipped than mine, and 40's in general are better suited than most vehicles. Maybe someone who has done this in the past can put our concerns to rest ??

Klunky Chris
08-17-2006, 11:59 AM
I will most definitely be there and am WAY excited!
I have had some very generous offers to pick me up in Denver and drag me into the bush. Extra camping gear offered as well! As time gets closer we'll have to iron out the details.

I'm wondering about the weather. September in the mountains should provide....what... kind of climate? I'm used to winter here in PA with very cold temps and snow, but not in SEPT :D

Just trying to figure out what to bring is all.

MDH33
08-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Hey Chris,
I would come prepared for anything. (layers are a good plan, and bring rain gear). In September, up high, it could be snowing. It also might be 90 degrees down lower (Denver). Since I'm driving with no top, I'm going to plan on it being cold! If you're in one of the plush cruisers with ammenities like heat and A/C, then you have no worries.

As I mentioned, I have a spare tent, sleeping bag, Therma-rest, flashlights, cooking gear, etc. that you are welcome to use.

Nay
08-17-2006, 01:31 PM
I will most definitely be there and am WAY excited!
I have had some very generous offers to pick me up in Denver and drag me into the bush. Extra camping gear offered as well! As time gets closer we'll have to iron out the details.

I'm wondering about the weather. September in the mountains should provide....what... kind of climate? I'm used to winter here in PA with very cold temps and snow, but not in SEPT :D

Just trying to figure out what to bring is all.

We have Oktoberfest in Sept because Sept is typically a nice month. It will not be raining above treeline anymore if there is a storm or two, but Sept is usually pretty dry.

So...be prepared for temps to drop into the 20's and even possibly teens for camping at near 10,000 feet. Days should be warm, aspens should be turning, scenery should be spectacular.

Think "layers" :D

Nay

wesintl
08-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Think nov in east coast terms. You won't see 90 in taylor park or CB you can in denver though. I think avg highs will be low to mid 60's. It could snow and it'd be 30-40* Like Nay says. warm days, cool (or for an east coaster with cold nights).

I remember one year I came out labor day we went wheeling up to wheeler lake above Brek, It snowed and was pretty darn cold.

again, layers is you best bet.;)

Just slate some $ for a trip to the north face outlet or something like that :lmao:

Klunky Chris
08-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up guys,
I just drove all mom's belongings back here from the Oregon coast with a stop in Yellowstone and Black Hills/ Badlands. Amazing how different weather is in different places. The OR coast was COLD!!! It's been a while since I've had a taste of high altitude as well.
This got me thinking.

I have all the cold weather gear I need, I just need to figure out how to bring it :D
Martin, thanks tons for the extra gear!!! I'll be taking you up on that offer if it's alright. That way I don't have to torture some well meaning host with my bear like snoring...
...also leaves more room for clothes..... and Lager :D

Three Wheel Ben
08-17-2006, 02:46 PM
I have all the cold weather gear I need, I just need to figure out how to bring it :D

Big cheap duffel bag from REI & Check it. I did this once flying back from LA after a week in tahoe. At least your not bringing a tent with fiberglass poles - Bomb scanners don't like those at all. :D

Bruce Miller
08-17-2006, 05:38 PM
You guys gotta stop shopping at REI. That's a radical enviromental anti-wheeling organization!

The road up to Dorchester (and beyond to the dead end) is very well maintained and is 2 WD friendly.

And, regarding snoring like a bear, Dorchester has a large population of bears that we have to be aware of. There are signs to that effect in the campground.

I still hope the group might give some thought to a group camp site just a short distance to the north of Dorchester.

Nay
08-18-2006, 04:53 PM
I would prefer to camp outside of the actual campground, all things being equal.

subzali
08-22-2006, 07:48 AM
going further north sounds more adventurous! I'm in

Beachboy
08-24-2006, 10:40 AM
I sounds great. First, Chris, if you need anything else in camping gear, give me a call. Also, what is everybody doing for dinner Saturday night? Just a suggestion, I can provide conch chowder and lobster for everyone (if I know how many) if other people want to bring the sides and of course, beer! Let me know.
I was just at Taylor 2 weeks ago, the road north from the reservor is 2 wheel drive but has gotten a little washboard. Bruce, if anybody is doing Schofield pass of Friday (or Sunday), I can be there any time.

Bruce Miller
08-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Brian,

The conch chowder and lobster sound great. I, Barbara, can provide fresh fruit cobbler (dutch oven), and fresh baked (dutch oven) bread/rolls. Maybe we can even remember to bring along some ice cream for the cobbler. If there is still Olathe corn available, maybe we can have some of that as well.

By the way, how did you find conch chowder? I haven't been able to find conch anywhere locally.

See you for the TBP!

Barbara and Bruce

Shark Bait
08-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Here's who I think is going on the Triple Bypass trip. Please let me know if my information is incorrect. The names are: subzali, uncle ben, hulk, lexusben, wes, convert, martin, klunky chris, nay, romer, & beachboy.

I want to know who I'm looking for as we gather at the Dorchester Campground Saturday morning.

Jeanette and I will be there in the FJ55. We're probably going to stay in BV Friday night and meet up with you all Saturday morning. Also, we're probably headed home Saturday after the run.

Uncle Ben
08-25-2006, 12:01 PM

Bruce and Barb,
Do not count on me just yet. We are in the middle of a huge refinance (biz) and timing doesn't look good. I will go if I can....and man do I hope that happens!

Beachboy
08-25-2006, 08:48 PM
Dear Bruce,

Just let me know a few days in advance on how many people that will be there. I buy my conch when I go down to the Florida Keys, then the chowder is my family recipe from years back in Florida that I make myself. It just got cold in Breckenridge today, I hope it doesn't start snowing yet!!!

Badmoon
08-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Bruce and Barb,
Do not count on me just yet. We are in the middle of a huge refinance (biz) and timing doesn't look good. I will go if I can....and man do I hope that happens!

Kevin,
My advice is that if your refinancing takes place after 5pm on Friday you may be doing biz with the wrong lendershark :eek: and you'd be doing yourself a favor to come to the run instead. Seriously- I'm thinking I may drive my 40 from OKC and you can't make it across a couple hilltops---what's with that?? ;) As for the food- we don't have any good brew here, but we have a pretty good local dairy in Braums - anyone ever heard of it? I'd be glad to bootleg some of their ice cream for the trip if anyone is interested. If so, let me know what flavors are preferred. I'm really looking forward to the trip--106 at work today.

Dave

MDH33
08-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Sounds like this is going to be a fun trip! :beer2: :campfire:

I'm installing an Aussie locker (thanks IanB) this afternoon, so hopefully, my 40 will be able to keep up.

So who will be the first person there on Friday to scout for a group site? I'm planning on being there Friday afternoon. Probably by 3pm.

Bruce Miller
08-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Hey all!!

Since we are staying in southern Colorado between the Ouray trip to the TBP, we will probably be the first ones to scope out a group camp spot just up the road from Dorchester. Our plan is to pick up some hellium filled balloons in Gunnison to mark the trail to the camping spot.

Brian, as far as a head count goes, let's see a show of hands of who is going and how many in your party?

Martin, you bring the ice cream and we will supply the cobbler made with fresh picked Colorado fruit.

Today's weather forecast has snow above 11,000 ft, and Pearl Pass is over 12,000!! This will be interesting.

Bruce and Barbara Miller

MDH33
08-26-2006, 05:45 PM
I think it was Dave who volunteered the Ice Cream. But I'll be happy to share my Beer! :beer:

I saw the weather reports too. Hopefully we'll get a warm spell the week of the run to melt any new snow. Guess I'll bring chains just in case. ;) I was going to run without my top, but maybe I'll throw on the soft top...

Just finished my locker install an hour ago. Time for a test drive! Click, Click, Click.

subzali
08-26-2006, 08:21 PM
MARTIN, you should be fine with an Aussie Locker from my estimation; we're about the same (I'm on 31 MT/Rs with a Lockrite). I heard about snow on Elbert this weekend, so maybe I should scope out chain tools so I can fix my chains to bring too! Hmmm good project for this week...trying to get the hardtop fixed up and put back together too, not sure the bikini is gonna cut it if it's cold/precipitating. Should be fun though!

Badmoon
08-27-2006, 02:40 PM
I can bring the ice cream-dry ice should get it there good and solid. I do have an "Okie" question for you folks tho--where will I find snow chains for 33x12.50x15's ? Not much chance of picking up a set of them in Oklahoma when it's been 100+ for 38 days so far this summer :(

Dave

Convert
08-27-2006, 04:08 PM
I can bring the ice cream-dry ice should get it there good and solid. I do have an "Okie" question for you folks tho--where will I find snow chains for 33x12.50x15's ? Not much chance of picking up a set of them in Oklahoma when it's been 100+ for 38 days so far this summer :(

Dave

I bought my last set from here http://www.tirechain.com/TRUCK-SUV-CHAINS.HTM
Even in Denver this was the quickest and simplest way.

MDH33
08-27-2006, 06:43 PM
I bought a set of 4 from tirechain.com as well. No complaints.

I mentioned bringing chains half jokingly- :) - but if I do bring them, it will guarantee perfect warm weather. ;)

wesintl
08-27-2006, 09:00 PM
ehhh.. I don't have chains and I don't plan on buying any. I don't forsee an issue.

Just 1 in my party. I'd like to provide something.. what else do we need?

Convert
08-28-2006, 04:55 PM
3 maybe 4 in my party and I belive Bill (BVB) is also planning on this run

Badmoon
08-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Dave Rising, I've got you on the confirmed list. We will be looking for you at the meeting place, Dorchester Campground, before 8:00 AM Saturday morning, September 9th.

I think you will enjoy this trip. It's an awful lot of wheeling thru some spectacular scenery.

Bruce,
It looks like I'll be by myself. I have a set of 33x10.50x15 BFG AT KO's on the rig now with a set of 33x12.50x15 BFG MT's in the shed- for these passes will it make any difference which set I run?

Dave

Badmoon
08-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Oops-forgot to mention that I'll be camping Friday and Saturday nights with the group.

Dave

subzali
08-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Me and Kelsey will both be there Friday and Sat. nights. Anything to bring?

MDH33
08-30-2006, 07:25 AM
Bruce,
It looks like I'll be by myself. I have a set of 33x10.50x15 BFG AT KO's on the rig now with a set of 33x12.50x15 BFG MT's in the shed- for these passes will it make any difference which set I run?

Dave,

I'm only running 31" AT's, so either of your choices are better suited. In fact, I'll follow you so you can pull me along every time I get stuck! :D

Only one in my group as of right now. I'll be there Friday and Saturday night as well.

Nay
08-30-2006, 11:09 AM
I'm still planning to attend with my family.

One question - is the plan to run the shelf road on Italian Creek? I don't want to scare the crap out of my wife quite that early on the run by taking my oversized pig up the scree route, so we are planning on running the lower route through the forest.

Nay

wesintl
08-30-2006, 11:17 AM
For the folks that can't make it out to wheel on friday Ben and I plan to run schofield and lead king on sunday. We were hoping to be closer to run that trail on sunday :( (like camping in gothic)

I think Bruce would run it if some people can get off to run it friday and not sunday.

Bruce Miller
08-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Yes, we're driving the shelf road and not the muddy lower road through the trees. Actually, I don't think we have ever taken the lower road in the 6 previous years we've been running the TBP. We all need to drive the shelf road part in order to improve our driving skills. As short as the shelf part is, why not let the faint of heart walk that part of the trail? We usually drive the shelf very slowly anyway so a person afoot would probably travel faster than most of the trucks.

We plan on driving to the Dorchester from the Ouray area a few days after the Ouray trip and would be willing to wheel Scofield or whatever.

Groucho
08-30-2006, 12:14 PM
When we did this run on the TBP last year, my wife was driving when we came to that point. She then opted to walk, due to her GREAT fear of being on the scary side of the shelf. She walked, and me and my (then) 5 month old daughter drove. It was pretty cool.

Badmoon
08-30-2006, 12:15 PM
For those who are planning to wheel Friday-where are you meeting and wheeling- and what time? I plan to be north of Taylor Park Res. sometime Friday-probably afternoon tho.

Thanks,
Dave

subzali
08-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Hey Wes and Ben, I'll run Schofield etc. with you on Sunday. If it's okay with everybody else I don't have a problem camping someplace else Sat. night.

subzali
08-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Just talked with CJ7 Matt, he's about 50/50 on if he'll come. He'd like to, but doesn't know if he can get away from SAE MiniBaja. He'd be there at least Friday night I'd imagine, probably Sat. night too.

Romer
08-31-2006, 09:28 PM
I am thinking of coming on this run and if I do would be bringing my camper and coming up Friday afternoon. I take it I don't need a reservation for a campground.

trout14
09-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey guys,
Another one of those that is not yet a member, but would love to go on a trip. Wondering if this is something for a stock 100, or am I way out of my league. Rear locker, AT's in good shape, running boards removed. Not looking for body damage, scrapes and dings are OK. Let me know. Thanks.
Dave

Convert
09-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Still interested in running Schoifield on sunday, all though I dont see any point
in moving camp on saturday. I belive I read that we wont get back to camp
untill 6pm.Just my 2cents
Dan

Nay
09-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Hey guys,
Another one of those that is not yet a member, but would love to go on a trip. Wondering if this is something for a stock 100, or am I way out of my league. Rear locker, AT's in good shape, running boards removed. Not looking for body damage, scrapes and dings are OK. Let me know. Thanks.
Dave

None of these trails are "way out of league" for a competent stock rig with an experienced driver in the sense of being "hardcore".

Groucho
09-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Just an FYI--Bruce and Barbara (Bruce Miller) will be out of town from friday Sept 1st. They just got done leading the Ouray trip(SWEET!!:thumb: ) and they will be hanging out either in Ouray or Crested Butte for the week, kind of vacationing. They will be in Dorchester(or just outside the CG) by early friday.

I will help answer any questions if I can.

Romer--The plan is to have a group campsite outside the "Official" Dorchester CG. Just head toward the Dorchester CG and look for Bruce and Barb. Trust me, in what vehicle they are driving, you won't be able to miss them! (Hint--look at some of the pictures from the Ouray Trip Report!:grinpimp: )

Trout14--this is a good medium run. Be prepared for shelf roads, small obstacles and loads of beautiful scenery. If you need any guidance, there are folks who can (and will) lend a hand. Make sure you have a CB(handie-talkie minimum). it helps out loads when you are unfamiliar with the trail.
Cheers.

wesintl
09-05-2006, 09:32 AM
whoo hoo. only 4 days to go!

We almost had all models in ouray. With chris in the 55 we should be closer. Who's driving the 60?

MDH33
09-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Hey guys,
Dave

I haven't done these trails either, but from the descriptions I read of Taylor Pass, Pearl Pass and the Reno Divide, they are all rated medium to difficult (but not hardcore) and some descriptions said they were not suitable for stock vehicles. It's a personal judgement call I guess. All of the write ups and pics I've seen make it look like there are several tricky rock obstacles requiring high clearance and lots of narrow sections and shelf roads.

I was wondering what the planned itinerary is, which trails and in what order??

Three Wheel Ben
09-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Here is the deal for Sunday (at least what Wes and I talked about in Ouray). Stay camping at/near Dorchester for Sat night. Leave in the morning, probably no later than 8:30 and head over to CB via jacks cabin. Go up paradise divide, throught devils punchbowl to lead king and lead king to marble. Turn around and head back on devil's punchbowl past crystal mill this time, then back to cb on the other side of paradise divide. Pretty much one big loop. I know Wes and I are in. Dan talked about wanting to do it as well on Sunday. Anyone else is welcome.

ben

Groucho
09-05-2006, 01:44 PM
I haven't done these trails either, but from the descriptions I read of Taylor Pass, Pearl Pass and the Reno Divide, they are all rated medium to difficult (but not hardcore) and some descriptions said they were not suitable for stock vehicles. It's a personal judgement call I guess. All of the write ups and pics I've seen make it look like there are several tricky rock obstacles requiring high clearance and lots of narrow sections and shelf roads.

I was wondering what the planned itinerary is, which trails and in what order??
The plan would be to go over Taylor Pass, Pearl Pass, then return to Dorchester via Italian Creek Pass. The challenge is not necessarily in the trails, but in getting all the folks over all three passes in one day(hence the name Triple Bypass). One rig could easily make it, but a group makes it challenging.

Groucho
09-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Here is the deal for Sunday (at least what Wes and I talked about in Ouray). Stay camping at/near Dorchester for Sat night. Leave in the morning, probably no later than 8:30 and head over to CB via jacks cabin. Go up paradise divide, throught devils punchbowl to lead king and lead king to marble. Turn around and head back on devil's punchbowl past crystal mill this time, then back to cb on the other side of paradise divide. Pretty much one big loop. I know Wes and I are in. Dan talked about wanting to do it as well on Sunday. Anyone else is welcome.

ben

(Napolean Dynamite)Lucky!!
I have to go to Vegas with the handbrake. :(

Nay
09-05-2006, 02:26 PM
I just got signed up for a business trip and that cancels the TBP for me :mad:

Nay

wesintl
09-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Roll call?

Bruce and Barbara
me
lexusben
convert +2
subzali +1
badmoon
hatfield +1
martin
beachboy
Klunky Chris (riding)
BVB +1
trout14 +2

romer?
uncleben?
sno bored?

sno bored
09-05-2006, 02:53 PM
Wes, I might go, so you could put me with a ? Thanks, Kevin

wesintl
09-05-2006, 02:58 PM
you should be in... you know you want to come :)

You're in... Do i have to buy more Sierra Nevada for you? ;)

Groucho
09-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Just got a call from Bruce--

He wanted me to remind folks that this is a fast paced trip. 54 miles of wheeling, which does not include the mileage in-between trails, getting to the trailhead from camp or going back to camp from the trailend.

A stock vehicle with a capable driver will do just fine on this trip. Even a stock vehicle with a driver willing to learn how to be a "capable driver" will do fine.

He also said there is a suprise for everyone who makes it from start to finish without boning out midway. A 7th annual triple bypass..........what, I wonder?

Convert
09-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Roll call?

Bruce and Barbara
me
lexusben
convert
subzali +1
badmoon
hatfield +1
martin
beachboy
Klunky Chris (riding)

romer?
trout14?
uncleben?
sno bored?

Wes
I have 2 riders with me for TBP
Bill VanBeek is also going and has a rider
WooHoo only 2 days of work left!!

bh4rnnr
09-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Wish I didnt have to work this Saturday:rant:

Beachboy
09-05-2006, 09:10 PM
It looks like about 25 people so far signed up, I would like to have a complete update (or as close as possible) by tomorrow(Thursday) night. For you new people signing up to go, I will be bringing lobster, shrimp and conch chowder for dinner Saturday night. I hope some people will bring sides and drinks. Isn't the camground on the left, the road that starts up Taylor pass, or is it elsewhere? There are several up that way from the lake.

MDH33
09-06-2006, 08:54 AM
It looks like about 25 people so far signed up, I would like to have a complete update (or as close as possible) by tomorrow(Thursday) night. For you new people signing up to go, I will be bringing lobster, shrimp and conch chowder for dinner Saturday night. I hope some people will bring sides and drinks. Isn't the camground on the left, the road that starts up Taylor pass, or is it elsewhere? There are several up that way from the lake.

The meeting place for Saturday is the Dorchester Campground. It is on the left if you're driving North on the Taylor Park road. Here's a map:

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/86794382-L.jpg

The group campsite is supossed to be North of there. Bruce said he would locate a suitable spot and mark the entrance so we could find it as we arrive.

I'm bringing some extra food and :beer: to share as well.

EDIT: Just noticed the weather forcast for the Crested Butte area is thuderstorms for the next six days... I hope they are wrong as usual.

trout14
09-06-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm in. Should get up there Friday night with my 2 young kids. I promised a bumpy ride so they want to come. I have room for another person from Denver if anyone needs a ride up. Anything I can bring for the group?

Shark Bait
09-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Just got a call from Bruce--

He wanted me to remind folks that this is a fast paced trip. 54 miles of wheeling, which does not include the mileage in-between trails, getting to the trailhead from camp or going back to camp from the trailend.

A stock vehicle with a capable driver will do just fine on this trip. Even a stock vehicle with a driver willing to learn how to be a "capable driver" will do fine.

He also said there is a suprise for everyone who makes it from start to finish without boning out midway. A 7th annual triple bypass..........what, I wonder?

Just wondering, is fuel a concern? I'll be coming over Cottonwood pass with a full tank of fuel. I get the standard 13 mpg in the pig. Is there anywhere to refuel during the day? Should I bring an extra 5 gallons?

Uncle Ben
09-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Just wondering, is fuel a concern? I'll be coming over Cottonwood pass with a full tank of fuel. I get the standard 13 mpg in the pig. Is there anywhere to refuel during the day? Should I bring an extra 5 gallons?

Chris,
I'm not certain of Millers exact plans for this years trip but you should be able to refuel in Crested Butte, which is the begining of the south trail head of Pearl Pass.

Shark Bait
09-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Thanks Kevin!

Convert
09-06-2006, 02:24 PM

I am willing to bring somthing what do you usally havewith chowder?

Groucho
09-06-2006, 02:26 PM

Thanks, Kevin!
Fuel will not be a concern. They just wanted to express the fact that the trip is quite a bit of mileage, most of it going 5-8 MPH. It makes for a challenging day to get it all done in a timely manner.

wesintl
09-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Hopefully Barbara can handle it without handbrake being there ;)

I'll bring paper/stryo bowls and plastic spoons.

oyster crackers? bread? anyone?

Convert
09-06-2006, 02:45 PM
I will bring some bread

subzali
09-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Sounds like I'm going to be rogue on this one, still not sure about CJ7 Matt though. I'm vegetarian so don't plan on me for the oyster etc. dinner.

I'm going to do the Sunday trip with Ben and Wes if they're okay with it, and was thinking once we get back to CB after the loop I might turn around, go over Kebler Pass, over to Paonia Reservoir, up over McClure Pass and check out Penney Hot Springs. Then on to Carbondale and Glenwood then the drive home on the interstate. I think it's going to be a long day/night, but since I'm all the way down there...anybody who goes on the Sunday trip is welcome to come along with me on that too to get back to Denver.

Romer
09-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Still on the fence about going. If I come, I will be by myself.

Groucho
09-07-2006, 05:54 AM
Volunteers needed to bring some firewood. I think they asked for 3-4 volunteers to bring one bundle each for the community fire. Sounds like things are getting close.

Three Wheel Ben
09-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Volunteers needed to bring some firewood. I think they asked for 3-4 volunteers to bring one bundle each for the community fire. Sounds like things are getting close.

I'm in for 2 bundles

subzali
09-07-2006, 07:51 AM
I can bring some.

Romer
09-07-2006, 08:17 AM
I think I am going to pass on this trip. Didn't want you looking for me.

sno bored
09-07-2006, 08:41 AM
I can bring some wood too.

trout14
09-07-2006, 08:49 AM
I can bring some wood as well.

Shark Bait
09-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Unfortunately an issue just came up at work that's going to keep me in town all weekend. I'm bummed because I was really looking forward to it. :mad:

Have fun, y'all. :p:

Convert
09-07-2006, 07:59 PM
That's to bad Chris we will miss youon the trail

Badmoon
09-07-2006, 09:40 PM
It looks like I'm going to have to wait another year to do the TBP- I'm BUMMED. As things seem to happen, my brake master cyl took a dump yesterday-long story longer---I now have a leaking diaphram in the booster and one cruddy running 40 because of it :mad: For whatever reason, it doesn't look like I'm supposed to make it this year. Thank you all for your warm welcome to join the run-I will make it there someday! Please take lots of pics so I can see what I missed- I'll post them in the garage for motivation while I make repairs to the 40. I guess I'll have to leave the ice cream duties to someone else this time. :(

Dave

Uncle Ben
09-07-2006, 09:44 PM
It looks like I'm going to have to wait another year to do the TBP- I'm BUMMED. As things seem to happen, my brake master cyl took a dump yesterday-long story longer---I now have a leaking diaphram in the booster and one cruddy running 40 because of it :mad: For whatever reason, it doesn't look like I'm supposed to make it this year. Thank you all for your warm welcome to join the run-I will make it there someday! Please take lots of pics so I can see what I missed- I'll post them in the garage for motivation while I make repairs to the 40. I guess I'll have to leave the ice cream duties to someone else this time. :(

Dave

Take the 80 Dave!

MDH33
09-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Snow above 10,000 feet for Saturday! :eek:

This should be interesting! :D

I'm gearing up and heading out this afternoon if anyone with a slow rig wants to caravan from Denver.

Klunky Kris: Do you still need me to bring gear for you?

Three Wheel Ben
09-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Snow above 10,000 feet for Saturday! :eek:

This should be interesting! :D

I'm gearing up and heading out this afternoon if anyone with a slow rig wants to caravan from Denver.

Klunky Kris: Do you still need me to bring gear for you?

Martin - I'll ask chris if he needs anything else, (I think he is bringing a sleeping bag, I have a sleeping pad and he is welcome to use my tent (8 man OZ) I'm hauling him up this afternoon and he is supposed to call me this morning.

We are going to try and leave around 4:00, unless his travel gets all screwed up.

Is there anything else we need for the potluck tomorrow night??

Three Wheel Ben
09-08-2006, 09:50 AM
Martin - I'll ask chris if he needs anything else, (I think he is bringing a sleeping bag, I have a sleeping pad and he is welcome to use my tent (8 man OZ) I'm hauling him up this afternoon and he is supposed to call me this morning.

We are going to try and leave around 4:00, unless his travel gets all screwed up.

Is there anything else we need for the potluck tomorrow night??

Just talked to chris, he doesn't need anything, I'll loan him my stuff and he's good to go. Thanks martin.

MDH33
09-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Just talked to chris, he doesn't need anything, I'll loan him my stuff and he's good to go. Thanks martin.

Right on. See you all tonight.

Convert
09-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Headin out at 12:00 see you up there BVB is leaving around 3:00 :D

wesintl
09-11-2006, 09:34 AM
I can provide conch chowder and lobster for everyone
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Convert
09-11-2006, 09:59 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thank you, Thank You, Thank You!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

:grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp: :grinpimp:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
X2 Thanks a lot

trout14
09-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Thanks again guys. Great group of people, great planning of the trip, and great food :) . The kids also had a really good time, they were singing most of the day. Definetely pushed my comfort level a couple of times, but glad I did so. I have a ton of pictures if there is any interest in them.
Dave

wesintl
09-11-2006, 04:26 PM
what, We love pics, this is the interweb ;)

post em here http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=2107