PDA

View Full Version : Mil-spec water can spout?

CardinalFJ60
01-07-2011, 04:53 PM
I have a couple of these, but pouring water out of them really sucks. anyone know if there's a spout made for these or if I need to just run to HD/Lowes to make something? I searched to no avail....

Caribou Sandstorm
01-07-2011, 09:36 PM
I have a spout for the gas can, it works great! James Krieger and I used it on the Maze and it did not leak..

I think I got it from DS Tactical. Here is a page with two options

I think the PVC one is the one you want.

https://dstactical.com/index.php?cPath=16_55

Corbet
01-07-2011, 10:33 PM
I have that one too. But I've never tried it on my water cans. Just the fuel. Works great there.

Bighead
01-08-2011, 06:32 AM
I have a couple of these, but pouring water out of them really sucks. anyone know if there's a spout made for these or if I need to just run to HD/Lowes to make something? I searched to no avail....

I don't ever remember seeing a spout for a water can when I was in the service. The cap does suck but one of the things we did to get water into canteens/camelbacks was either use a piece of surgical tubing to siphon out the water or to pull the cap and use a funnel on the container to be filled.

RockRunner
01-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Use a siphon much easier and if you have it mounted up top or in a rack you do not have to remove it. That is the way I have done it for several years even when I had it in the back of the 4Runner by the tailgate.