PDA

View Full Version : talk me out of this...i think

nuclearlemon
01-07-2011, 11:02 PM
haven't even gotten the v8 in the green pig running (due to one very unruly bolt) and already i'm considering a new swap...someone offered me a great price on a 94 1fz with computer/harness, trans, transfer and driveshafts (i'll need the yokes to have custom shafts made).

i'm somewhat afraid of the electrical...i h8 electrical, then there's the issue of what else will be needed...there's always something else. i'm guessing i'll have to adapt an 80 pedal for the tps. will there be more? will i be in over my head?

nakman
01-07-2011, 11:54 PM
defeat the bolt. Even an 80 wishes it had a V8.. a big long pig is no different. :drink:

Dr. Schlegs
01-08-2011, 05:17 AM
will i be in over my head?

I'm surprised you are thinking that you would be over your head mechanically. I think if anyone could do it it would be you Ige.

Nay
01-08-2011, 07:58 AM
defeat the bolt. Even an 80 wishes it had a V8.. a big long pig is no different. :drink:

x2 - I want a lot more economy/power than a 1ZF if I am swapping.

FJBRADY
01-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Stick with the V8....all the cool kids have um you know.

Romer
01-08-2011, 08:56 AM

x3

Old40Dog
01-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Yeah! :D Then you can join cool kids "Toylet" club ! :bowdown:

rover67
01-08-2011, 09:30 AM
What are you looking for ultimately? An original pig with some upgrades? A truck that'll do 75-80 on the hwy and up hills? just a wheeler? Something as close to OEM as possible, does that matter?

The 1FZ would be cool, and it would kee the rig as Toyota as you can get, so that would make it attractive to me. Teh V-8... well, it's a V-8. I think you could figure out the wires for sure... especially with a little help.

Bikeman
01-08-2011, 09:59 AM
haven't even gotten the v8 in the green pig running (due to one very unruly bolt) and already i'm considering a new swap...someone offered me a great price on a 94 1fz with computer/harness, trans, transfer and driveshafts (i'll need the yokes to have custom shafts made).

i'm somewhat afraid of the electrical...i h8 electrical, then there's the issue of what else will be needed...there's always something else. i'm guessing i'll have to adapt an 80 pedal for the tps. will there be more? will i be in over my head?

Confused on the pedal? The 80 is not drive-by-wire. Throttle cable to the TB linkage. The TPS is mounted to that.

Go for it. Gary might be able to help you out on the wiring or Iron pig.

TIMZTOY
01-08-2011, 10:52 AM
just one bolt :confused: cant possibly be that hard.

RockRunner
01-08-2011, 10:24 PM
V8 Ige, you know you want the power. Besides the power the rumble of a V8 just can't be beat and slinging mud or snow:D

jacdaw
01-09-2011, 02:46 AM
I like the evolved tractor engines.

nuclearlemon
01-09-2011, 07:42 AM
i don't need v8 power...i had it in the 40 and yeah, it was fun, but i don't use it like guys do.;) i'm very happy with the engine in the 80. i like the power, yeah, a bit more would be nice, but my pocket book likes running cheap gas too. i'm also happy with the mileage. and pigs weigh about 1k less than 80s. plus there's that cool factor.

lt1s have a slight cool factor, but they are far from the best v8. like the cruiser engine, they are an old design, but with tweaks to make them unique. i don't have any other rigs with lt1s, so it would be a whole nother set of parts to keep around and unlike toyota, chevy didnt' necessarily improve their old design.

leaning a lot towards cruiser, but it would be nice to just slap a powertrain in. of course, at half the price, the cruiser setup is even more tempting;)