PDA

View Full Version : Rising Sun Rally - Sunday August 20th 2006

treerootCO
05-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Sunday, August 20th 2006 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Jeffco Sixth Avenue Stadiums Lakewood, Colorado

Hopefully the largest Land Cruiser and Toyota truck gathering ever. Show & shine, swap meet, vendors on site...

Click here to register :) (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/rally.asp)

Click here to download a larger image of the flier. Feel free to print them out and let others know about the rally. (http://www.aspenstand.com/risingsunrallytest.jpg)

http://www.aspenstand.com/risingsunrallysmall.jpg (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/rally.asp)

Interested in being a vendor for the event? Send an email to rally@risingsun4x4club.org

Hulk
05-30-2006, 02:44 PM
OK, I registered. :)

Shark Bait
05-30-2006, 02:53 PM
OK, I registered. :)

Beat you to it! I did it the other day. :grinpimp:

Rzeppa
06-01-2006, 10:06 AM
I *think* registered when we were testing...would someone who has access to the DB check and see if I'm already registered? TIA!

wesintl
06-01-2006, 10:17 AM
You're not officially registered yet

Firetacoma
07-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Registration is now open! (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/rally.asp)

Sunday, August 20th 2006 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Jeffco Sixth Avenue Stadiums Lakewood, Colorado

Treeroot was in MY very parking lot today putting a flyer under MY windshield wiper! THE treeroot! Sorry I missed chatting with you, thanks for the flyer. I plan my life like 2 hours in advance so I may come out!

-Andrew

ps black taco with the lightbar in case you flyered like 600 trucks

treerootCO
07-16-2006, 11:51 PM
That is some funny stuff :D Hope to see you there

Uncle Ben
07-16-2006, 11:52 PM
Ige, Treeroot, sorry I missed ya! Sounds like you had a nice chat with the wife! She now knows the secret that Treeroot has a normal name! ;) I was actually very near the Rootsters this evening. Thanks for the flyers! I will get the displays distributed pronto!

:thumb:

nuclearlemon
07-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Treeroot was in MY very parking lot today putting a flyer under MY windshield wiper! THE treeroot! Sorry I missed chatting with you, thanks for the flyer. I plan my life like 2 hours in advance so I may come out!

-Andrew

ps black taco with the lightbar in case you flyered like 600 trucks
the search and rescue or something like that rig?

not 600, but we got a bunch!

Firetacoma
07-17-2006, 11:13 AM
the search and rescue or something like that rig?

not 600, but we got a bunch!

Volunteer firefighter, but yeah.

treerootCO
07-18-2006, 07:20 AM
I tagged 3 rigs on the way home from work and one of them was an HJ75 Troopy from Costa Rica! It was about 2 blocks from my house and I never knew about it.

Uncle Ben
07-18-2006, 09:28 AM
I tagged 3 rigs on the way home from work and one of them was an HJ75 Troopy from Costa Rica! It was about 2 blocks from my house and I never knew about it.

I tagged a bunch in Boulder yesterday! It always blows me away how many stock 40's and 60's there are in Boulder! Just the Mesa shopping center parking lot had 11 Cruisers in it the time I was there!

nakman
07-18-2006, 10:10 AM
We're going to be gone that weekend, I'm bummed I can't make it. I registered anyway :)

Shark Bait
07-18-2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I'm going to be returning from Vancouver on the 20th. I'll leave the pig at Mike's place and you can take it down and show it off, if you like. :D

sleeoffroad
07-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Treeroot, please reserve spot and tell me where to send money.
Thanks

Romer
07-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Treeroot, please reserve spot and tell me where to send money.
Thanks

Don't you have my address:D

nuclearlemon
07-18-2006, 11:46 PM
met a heep owner (actually, 52 willys wagon owner) who "always wanted a land crusier at the gas station and gave him a flier...he thought it was cool!

treerootCO
07-20-2006, 02:22 AM
We will be calling the vendors soon to finialize everything. Christo, consider yourself signed up. We'll get back to you on the details.

I put fliers on a few more rigs yesterday and today.

Uncle Ben
07-20-2006, 08:49 AM
We will be calling the vendors soon to finialize everything. Christo, consider yourself signed up. We'll get back to you on the details.

I put fliers on a few more rigs yesterday and today.

I only tagged three yesterday.....today, I feel, will be a tag-a-Cruiser kinda day! ;)

Hulk
07-20-2006, 05:35 PM
I tagged a older lady named Judy in her 1983 FJ40 yesterday -- talked to her a bit. I'd met her once before at the bank. She always talks about how much she could sell her Cruiser for. Bought it almost new, with only 9,000 miles on the odometer. It has factory A/C too. Wes, is this the same lady you've talked to as well?

wesintl
07-20-2006, 05:55 PM
YEah.. that's the one I want to buy....

Rzeppa
07-20-2006, 08:55 PM
I tagged a red 79+ 40 yesterday. I don't have any rally fliers, but I did what I've been doing for years. Left an issue of TT and a TLCA contact card.

Hulk
07-21-2006, 12:57 AM
We need to pass out a big stack of flyers to every member at the RS meeting in early August. Also, let's pass out some to all the people who come to the ghost town run. I'll PM Ige and ask her to bring the box of flyers. I only have a thin stack left.

Uncle Ben
07-21-2006, 03:49 AM
We need to pass out a big stack of flyers to every member at the RS meeting in early August. Also, let's pass out some to all the people who come to the ghost town run. I'll PM Ige and ask her to bring the box of flyers. I only have a thin stack left.

That's a good idea. I tagged about 8 or 9 yesterday. There is a noticeable lack of Cruisers out these days....I think gas prices are taking a toll! I too need more flyers.

treerootCO
07-26-2006, 09:47 AM
I tagged about seven today. There is a really nice dune beige 40 that parks at the Kieser place on Sheridan but they haven't been there lately. If anyone sees that one, can you put a flier on it? Also, If you know of any please PM me and I can run over and put a flier on them.

Got this one today. For sale $900.00 about 230,000 on the clock.

Rezarf
07-26-2006, 11:15 AM
Is it allowed to sell a few parts at the rally like a swap meet?

Just Curious.

Drew

Hulk
07-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Is it allowed to sell a few parts at the rally like a swap meet?

Yes, absolutley. There will be lots of parts for sale. :thumb:

subzali
08-06-2006, 10:05 AM
took care of the Yota Yard yesterday, sounds like they want to bring parts and stuff, I told them there should be plenty of room. Also saw a dune beige 40 off of hwy 42 up by Louisville that needs to be tagged if someone wants to run over there. It's on 42 where it runs E-W right by the hospital on the north side of the road. It was parked in front of one of those farmhouses on Saturday.

Also going to chase down an FJ45 LPB in this area as well as an FJ40 that a neighbor of my parents owns, plus a nice lifted 60 in Golden! I hope a bunch of these people show up!

timmbuck2
08-06-2006, 12:13 PM

Any chance we can get a PDF of the flyer so we can print them out ourselves? I see cruisers all the time when I am out walking Ty around the neighborhood and out driving 'n stuff. That would work great for those of us with color printers...

T

Rzeppa
08-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Any chance we can get a PDF of the flyer so we can print them out ourselves? I see cruisers all the time when I am out walking Ty around the neighborhood and out driving 'n stuff. That would work great for those of us with color printers...

TI was pretty sure we had one somewhere. I looked high and low and finally found them...turns out the link to printable fliers (choice of color or B/W) are NOT on the rally page, but on the main home page for the whole site...

treerootCO
08-06-2006, 10:20 PM
link ----> http://risingsun4x4club.org/

Color (http://risingsun4x4club.org/Rally/RallyColor.pdf)

B&W (http://risingsun4x4club.org/Rally/RallyBW.pdf)

subzali
08-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Just a suggestion for future fliers like this is to have a phone number for people to contact, some still do not have internet access or like doing business (credit card #) over the 'net.

Rzeppa
08-07-2006, 01:41 AM
Just a suggestion for future fliers like this is to have a phone number for people to contact, some still do not have internet access or like doing business (credit card #) over the 'net.Matt, that is so righton. We are here on this board, but so many cruiserheads I meet and/or speak with on the phone either don't have internet, don't trust it or just don't use it like we do.

It takes a certain mentality to drive a 20-40 year old rig, and many just don't do internet. Kudos to the flier campaign!

Hulk
08-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Both of the Rally flyer versions used too much ink from my printer. I created a new version, which can be printed in either color or black&white. It's also only 200 kb, so much quicker to download. Also, it's now sized properly for 8.5" x 11" paper.

Rally flyer for personal printing (http://risingsun4x4club.org/Rally/RisingSunRally2.pdf)

This should be much better for most people to print out themselves.

treerootCO
08-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Just a suggestion for future fliers like this is to have a phone number for people to contact, some still do not have internet access or like doing business (credit card #) over the 'net.

Thank you Matt F. for the new version.

and Matt M. the non net people wern't excluded because they hae all the info they need to attend. If they wanted to preregister, we included a mail in form and make checks payable info.

I know my cell number is listed somewhere on the TLCA site because I am getting calls about the rally. I haven't found it on the page yet...

subzali
08-07-2006, 10:28 PM
I think I've seen it in Trails somewhere...and oh yeah forgot that you can mail in the little bit too...:o

Crash
08-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Timmbuck,
Must have been you who tagged my truck in the parking lot today, right? Nice! If not, who then?

Hulk
08-08-2006, 11:28 AM
That's great, since you have one of the club's most recognizable trucks! Love it...

timmbuck2
08-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Timmbuck,
Must have been you who tagged my truck in the parking lot today, right? Nice! If not, who then?

Heh...yup, that was me. Wanted to make sur eyou had heard of this here rally thingy. :lmao:

T

sno bored
08-08-2006, 01:48 PM
I had someone ask me if this is a "dog friendly event". Lots of events where I live say "please keep your pets at home". I didn't see anything about pets, what should I tell them?

nuclearlemon
08-08-2006, 05:03 PM
pets are fine as long as they keep them under control and clean up after them

treerootCO
08-08-2006, 05:04 PM
No pitbulls please! Have you met Kenosha? I have no problems with well mannered dogs like that. Keep in mind this is on asphalt and it can get pretty hot with little shade. Please don't leave them locked in a truck. I do not want to see that.

timmbuck2
08-08-2006, 07:20 PM
While Ty was sleeping today after work, I drove around and hit a couple 40's and a handful of 60's I have noticed while taking him on walks. Who has that sweet red with white stripes 40 near Univ and Hampden?

Any dogs who love kids would be appreciated at the rally! :) Ty loves them, and we hope to get a Lab someday...

T

Beater
08-14-2006, 04:45 PM
would love to go, but I still won't be out of cast, and walking around for hours in the sun doesn't appeal to me these days..

j

wesintl
08-14-2006, 05:42 PM
There is always the scooter store ;)

Beater
08-14-2006, 10:27 PM
I prefer this:

full story: http://denver.yourhub.com/Story.aspx?contentid=108311

60wag
08-15-2006, 08:13 AM
To help setup on Sunday morning, what time do you want people to show up?

Bruce

SteveH
08-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Ige - or anyone else - is there any organization to the parking at the Rally? The one I attended many years ago was random.

Just wondered if there would be any attempt (official or otherwise) to group models together - such as FJ45 wagons, or FJ55s, or whatever?

Thanks,

Steve

treerootCO
08-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Setup will be between 7 and 9. Ige and I will be down there but we may be running between locations.

We decided that it would be nice to group like vehicles but it may not be praticle. We were thinking maybe start with Rising Sun members together, Swine-o-rama, horsetooth, etc. and go from there.

nuclearlemon
08-15-2006, 09:52 AM
mike and i are going to try to be done moving rigs by seven or 7:30 and we'll start setup then. if anyone else cares to be there then, great. shouldn't take too terribly long

as for organization, we're going to try to start out with organization in the morning, but won't be able to control it to much. we would like to have all the piggies in the pig sty, and 45lv's together, 45 pu's together...we'll see how well it works

60wag
08-15-2006, 12:41 PM
I can be there early. If you want help shuttling rigs - let me know.

Bruce

nuclearlemon
08-15-2006, 01:08 PM
I can be there early. If you want help shuttling rigs - let me know.

Bruce
cool thanks bruce
most of the rigs will need to be trailered to the gounds and then staged

Kipper
08-15-2006, 01:25 PM
I can help you guys move rigs too. Since I technically don't own Long Grain anymore, I probably shouldn't drive it, but I can help you guys push junk around or drive Hatfield's Pig :D

Uncle Ben
08-15-2006, 03:12 PM
I will bring all our Motorola talk-abouts (4 I think) so we can have communication without running around trying to find each other.

Rezarf
08-15-2006, 03:47 PM
I will bring all our Motorola talk-abouts (4 I think) so we can have communication without running around trying to find each other.

I have another two of the talkabouts if they would help, I will throw them in my bag.

Can I sell some randoms there, little bits and peices?

Drew

Rezarf
08-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Sorry, some yahoo named Rezarf <>< asked this a few pages back... and he got an answer. Maybe I should reread the posts before asking the same question twice?:lmao:

Drew

treerootCO
08-15-2006, 07:50 PM
I'll round up my talkabouts...I know where one is.

lx450landcrusier
08-15-2006, 09:43 PM
well fellas i got metal in my eye yesterday so theres a small chance i cant make it. Ive been trying to get there for awhile now. docotrs got the metal out with a needle today so will see if it heals before thur. non the less good luck and hope i see ya there.

mike

2badfjs
08-16-2006, 09:32 AM
mike, are you hauling your rigs with your trailer.
i'll have a trailer for the weekend if you need help.

give me a call and let me know

jim