PDA

View Full Version : The official "what are you running" at CM11 thread

Hulk
01-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Here are mine:

Tuesday and/or Wednesday Overnight Run Trail Choices
First Choice:San Rafael Swell Overnight
Second Choice:Kokopelli Overnight (TUESDAY)

Thursday Trail Choices
First Choice:No Trail Run

Friday Trail Choices
First Choice:Tip Toe Behind the Rocks (leading this one)
Second Choice:Hells Revenge
Third Choice:Sevenmile Rim

Saturday Trail Choices
First Choice:Wipe Out Hill
Second Choice:Kane Creek Canyon
Third Choice:Golden Spike

nakman
01-09-2011, 08:32 PM
leading Wipe Out Hill on Saturday. :thumb:

farnhamstj
01-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Friday. Porcupine Rim (tail gunner???)
Saturday. Poison Spider (trail leader???)

rover67
01-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Tuesday and/or Wednesday Overnight Run Trail Choices
First Choice: None
Second Choice:None

Thursday Trail Choices
First Choice:None

Friday Trail Choices
First Choice:None
Second Choice:None
Third Choice:None

Saturday Trail Choices
First Choice:Wipe Out Hill
Second Choice:Kane Creek Canyon
Third Choice:None

I am planning on taking it easy this year :)

Corbet
01-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Thurs: Leading Porcupine
Fri: Area BFE
Sat: Golden Spike

corsair23
01-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Thus: Fins or Hells

Fri: Hells or Fins

Sat: Wipeout

FJBRADY
01-10-2011, 06:06 AM
Th leading Cliff Hanger
Fr porcupine rim
Sa golden spike

Dr. Schlegs
01-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Thursday 1st: Rating: 4 Elephant Hill
Thursday 2nd: Rating: 4 Fins & Things
Thursday 3rd: Rating: 2 Chicken Corners

Friday 1st: Rating: 4 Sevenmile Rim
Friday 2nd: Rating: 4 Fins & Things
Friday 3rd: Rating: 2 Chicken Corners

Saturday 1st: Rating: 4 Fins & Things
Saturday 2nd: Rating: 4 Sevenmile Rim
Saturday 3rd: Rating: 4 Elephant Hill

Air Randy
01-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Sat through Wed - Everything else :D
Thur-Golden Spike
Fri-Behind the Rocks
Sat-Pritchett's

Caribou Sandstorm
01-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Tues-Thurs....Kokopelli
Friday......BFE (Hell Dorado baby, yep you read that correctly...ok maybe minor threat, green day and strike revine)
Saturday.......Wipeout hill

Hants
01-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Saturday: Wipeout, Sevenmile, Spike

TIMZTOY
01-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Saturday - wensday : what ever I want or as Randy said (everything else)

Thrisday : Fins & Things
Friday : Porcupine Rim
Saturday : Elephant Hill

I would have liked some more chalanging trails but didn't want to push it since Moab will problly my first time taking my truck out. Damn I really need to get out and flex her out a bit. And get familiar to her.:rant:

MDH33
01-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Saturday - wensday : what ever I want or as Randy said (everything else)

Thrisday : Fins & Things
Friday : Porcupine Rim
Saturday : Elephant Hill

I would have liked some more chalanging trails but didn't want to push it since Moab will problly my first time taking my truck out. Damn I really need to get out and flex her out a bit. And get used to her.:rant:

Those are excellent choices, Tim. Just don't bust your truck before the event starts. ;)

MDH33
01-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Thursday: no trails, just relaxing.
Friday: Chicken Corners (This will be Kim and Ilsa's first time wheeling Moab). :)
Saturday: Wipe Out Hill

:beer:

TIMZTOY
01-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Those are excellent choices, Tim. Just don't bust your truck before the event starts. ;)

Thanks

timmbuck2
01-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Sun - Wed: explore
Thurs: prob lead Metal Masher
Fri: prob lead poison spider
Sat: not sure...prob enjoy wipeout hill and see what a real trail leader is like! ;)

Hants
01-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Thursday: no trails, just relaxing.
Friday: Chicken Corners (This will be Kim and Ilsa's first time wheeling Moab). :)
Saturday: Wipe Out Hill

Caroline's first Moab trail was Steel Bender :eek:

Definitely got her to relax and go with the flow: Started out with "how are we going to get over that" (bump on the entrance road), then "no way we can get up that" (at the first big obstacle). By the end of the day, she was sitting in the front seat, turned around and chatting with Robin in the back seat (completely oblivious to the trail). :lmao:

Not necessarily recommended, but highly effective. :hill:

timmbuck2
01-11-2011, 01:50 PM

Definitely got her to relax and go with the flow: Started out with "how are we going to get over that" (bump on the entrance road), then "no way we can get up that" (at the first big obstacle). By the end of the day, she was sitting in the front seat, turned around and chatting with Robin in the back seat (completely oblivious to the trail). :lmao:

bet she was not oblivious when you came to the big drop!

Hulk
01-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Friday: Chicken Corners (This will be Kim and Ilsa's first time wheeling Moab).

Chicken Corners is a whole lot of fun. Make sure to stop at the giant rock with the caves. Bring good footwear and flashlights.

timmbuck2
01-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Chicken Corners is a whole lot of fun. Make sure to stop at the giant rock with the caves. Bring good footwear and flashlights.

there are also some fun places down by the river to explore on foot

nakman
01-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Martin, are Kim & Ilsa going to do Wipe Out Hill on Saturday as well? Hope so.. Violet had a great time last year, there was even a pony ride at lunch.

Hulk
01-11-2011, 05:19 PM
there are also some fun places down by the river to explore on foot

You hiked down to the river? How hard is that?

Cheeseman
01-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Doin' things different this year
Wed/Thurs.: Doin' the Swell
Fri: ??
Sat: ??

Probably do what they need me to do on Fri/Sat.
But like most. Going over Sat/Sun and play.

JadeRunner
01-12-2011, 12:18 PM
I'm doing the Spike, Moab Rim and Area BFE Difficult.

timmbuck2
01-12-2011, 12:31 PM
You hiked down to the river? How hard is that?

earlier in the trail where it is not that far down...had to go through some pretty thick undergrowth but found some beautiful sandbars on the river to explore

MDH33
01-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Martin, are Kim & Ilsa going to do Wipe Out Hill on Saturday as well? Hope so.. Violet had a great time last year, there was even a pony ride at lunch.

Depends on if I get a back seat for the 40, or rebuild the 60 in time for CM. ;)

MDH33
01-12-2011, 02:12 PM

Kim is super freaked out by ledge roads and heights, so it's a miracle I'm even getting her to go wheeling with me. :hill:

Inukshuk
01-13-2011, 01:12 AM
Wed/Thurs: Swell (think I got the last spot)

Fri: Relax and explore (company welcome. For anyone who has explored with me on the day off, its a good time)

Sat: 7 mile or Moab Rim. Or leading/gunning as needed.

bh4rnnr
01-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Decided to not run any trails this year. Planning on helping out where needed (hint, hint;)).

Looking forward to some good relaxing:cool:.

Air Randy
01-13-2011, 05:44 PM
It looks like we have a group forming up on Monday to run Cliffhanger if anyone else is interested in tagging along. So far it looks like Dee & I, Tom/Rockrunner and Rhyary from NY.

Inukshuk
01-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Decided to not run any trails this year.

Always a passenger seat available for ya!

Planning on helping out where needed (hint, hint;)).

huh?

Corbet
01-13-2011, 10:51 PM
It looks like we have a group forming up on Monday to run Cliffhanger if anyone else is interested in tagging along. So far it looks like Dee & I, Tom/Rockrunner and Rhyary from NY.

How early do you plan to start out? I'm planning on leaving Durango that morning. But will need to dump my gear at SRCG first.

Rock Dog
01-13-2011, 11:04 PM
i signed up for:
Thurs - Hells
Fri - No trail
Sat - 7 mile

Subject to change ;)

nakman
01-13-2011, 11:26 PM
..huh?

Bottle finisher, cooler emptier, grill cleaner.. Perry is useful in so many ways in Moab. :perry: :D

Red_Chili
01-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Gol durn it... snooze you lose. Tried to get on Wipeout Saturday with Tim. No joy.

Wednesday 1st:Rating: 6 Kokopelli Overnight (TUESDAY) - Full, 3 Waitlist Spots Left
Wednesday 2nd:Rating: 6 San Rafael Swell Overnight - Full, 8 Waitlist Spots Left

Thursday 1st: Rating: 4 Elephant Hill - 6 Spots Left
Thursday 2nd: Rating: 6 Kane Creek Canyon - 19 Spots Left
Thursday 3rd: Rating: 5 Tip Toe Behind the Rocks - 17 Spots Left

Friday 1st: Rating: 5 Tip Toe Behind the Rocks - 12 Spots Left
Friday 2nd: Rating: 7 Moab Rim - 15 Spots Left
Friday 3rd: Rating: 6 Hells Revenge - 5 Spots Left

Saturday 1st: Rating: 5 Wipe Out Hill - Full, 6 Waitlist Spots Left :(
Saturday 2nd: Rating: 7 Golden Spike - 12 Spots Left
Saturday 3rd: Rating: 5 Poison Spider Mesa - 3 Spots Left

I hope to, though unlikely, to introduce Lise to Moab this trip. Hard for a teacher to get time off then though. We'll see. E-Hill would definitely be a GREAT introduction to Moab/Canyonlands!!

Please note, committee, that you can change me out as needed to lead Cliffhanger whenever you need me to.

bh4rnnr
01-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Always a passenger seat available for ya!

huh?

Thanks!

Think Tim nailed it:lmao:

Bottle finisher, cooler emptier, grill cleaner.. Perry is useful in so many ways in Moab. :perry: :D

:lmao::thumb:

nakman
01-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Gol durn it... snooze you lose. Tried to get on Wipeout Saturday with Tim. No joy.

Bummer, Bill, but maybe there's still hope I suspect the CM committee can be bribed with volunteer hours and liquids.. :D

Air Randy
01-14-2011, 09:12 AM
How early do you plan to start out? I'm planning on leaving Durango that morning. But will need to dump my gear at SRCG first.

I don't think were in a big rush as we have all day to get the trail done. I do know Rhyary needs to get back to the start of the Kokopelli trail Monday night but it's not that far. What time do you think you would be ready to roll?

Corbet
01-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Hard to say at this time. But I'm only 3 hours to Moab from my driveway. So if I get a 6am start I could probably be trail ready by 10am.

This far out its pretty hard to predict my departure time. The 1yr old puts a pretty big handicap on all time estimates.

Red_Chili
01-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Bummer, Bill, but maybe there's still hope I suspect the CM committee can be bribed with volunteer hours and liquids.. :D
Ah... name your price! If Lise can come I can think of no better run to introduce her to Moab! I will tailgun for ya. I will supply your barleypop needs. Lessee, what else do I have up my sleeve??

:lmao:

Already on the docket for leading Cliffhanger too of course, if that helps.

nakman
01-15-2011, 08:02 PM
Ah... name your price! If Lise can come I can think of no better run to introduce her to Moab! I will tailgun for ya. I will supply your barleypop needs. Lessee, what else do I have up my sleeve??

Not me man, I'm "virtual committee" at best.. the guys you need to grease are Hants and Mr. Rudy.. ;)

Rock Dog
01-16-2011, 02:54 AM

We of course love to do what we can, but the 20 vehicles per trail limit is a "hard limit" of the permit, and we have no wiggle room!!! We will have to see how things shake out once the registration closes....

Convert
01-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Tues - Kokopelli overnighter
Fri - open
Sat - Wipe out Hill

bumpitorcrawlit
01-19-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm doing the Spike, Moab Rim and Area BFE Difficult.

Dang it Scott, looks like we won't get to wheel together this year:(

What I'm doing:

Thurs, Behind the rocks
Fri, Area BFE difficult(have volunteered to lead it)
Sat, Pritchett.

Are you at least at the slickrock campground?

rhyary
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Hope to arrive Saturday night,
Or by noon Sunday. Depends when I leave NY on Friday
Mon - as Air Randy said Cliff Hanger
Tue Kikopelli
Friday - poisen spider Mesa
Sat - Wipeout Hill
Sunday - open Perri what about lockhart basin. You game?
Monday - open White Rim again? Anyone
Tuesday - open - looking for ideas and partners
Wed - sadly heading home to happily see the wife again on Friday

How is this for a plan ?

desmocruiser
01-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Looking forward to another trip from Tennessee!

Wed/Thur Swell overnight

Fri Porcupine Rim

Sat Wipe Out Hill

John

Knoxville, TN

MikeBoyle
01-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Thursday 1st: Rating: 7 Behind the Rocks
Thursday 2nd: Rating: 6 Hells Revenge

Friday 1st: Rating: 7 Area BFE - Difficult
Friday 2nd: Rating: 6 Metal Masher

Saturday 1st: Rating: 7 Golden Spike
Saturday 2nd: Rating: 7 Area BFE - Difficult
Saturday 3rd: Rating: 6 Hells Revenge

rover67
01-19-2011, 10:05 PM
look forward to seeing you again John and Rami!

Trapper50cal
01-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Tuesday-Thursday Koko (if I made the cut):D
Sat.-Golden Spike

Woodsman
01-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Mon - wherever
Tues - wherever
Wed - wherever/FJC run
Thur - Gold Bar Rim
Fri - Porcupine Rim
Sat - Wipe Out Hill (waitlist spot)

Ayrtime
01-20-2011, 01:47 PM
My first trip to Cruise Moab, Last year we had a trip to Moab and ran the white rim trial, great time. These are our selections for this event. Nervous but excited, rig can handle this, not sure about me, I did fine last trip and do have some experience, any of these runs over the top?

Trail Selections
Wednesday 1st:Rating: 6 Kokopelli Overnight (TUESDAY) - Full, 7 Waitlist Spots Left
Wednesday 2nd:Rating: 6 San Rafael Swell Overnight - 1 Spots Left
Wednesday BLM:2
Thursday 1st: Rating: 4 Fins & Things - Full, 10 Waitlist Spots Left
Thursday 2nd: Rating: 4 Elephant Hill - 13 Spots Left
Thursday 3rd: Rating: 4 Sevenmile Rim - 20 Spots Left
Thursday BLM: 2
Friday 1st: Rating: 5 Porcupine Rim - 2 Spots Left
Friday 2nd: Rating: 5 Poison Spider Mesa - 13 Spots Left
Friday 3rd: Rating: 5 Gold Bar Rim - 18 Spots Left
Friday BLM: 2
Saturday 1st: Rating: 6 Hells Revenge - 8 Spots Left
Saturday 2nd: Rating: 5 Poison Spider Mesa - 7 Spots Left
Saturday 3rd: Rating: 4 Elephant Hill - 14 Spots Left
Saturday BLM: 2

TwoTurtlesRacing
01-20-2011, 02:41 PM
First time for me as well. My choices were:

Thursday 1st: Chicken Corners - Start the Wife out easy!
Friday 1st: Fins & Things -
Saturday 1st: Elephant Hill -

Hope to make and enjoy every one of them!

Rock Dog
01-20-2011, 02:55 PM
First time for me as well. My choices were:

Thursday 1st: Chicken Corners - Start the Wife out easy!
Friday 1st: Fins & Things -
Saturday 1st: Elephant Hill -

Hope to make and enjoy every one of them!

You may want to take an extra can of gas for E-hill... I have made it successfully in my FJ40 several times, but was running on fumes on the way back :) If you don't have one, you may be able to borrow one in camp.. can't imagine i will be needing mine on Saturday...

corsair23
01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
My first trip to Cruise Moab, Last year we had a trip to Moab and ran the white rim trial, great time. These are our selections for this event. Nervous but excited, rig can handle this, not sure about me, I did fine last trip and do have some experience, any of these runs over the top?

Nah...I haven't done all of them but Fins & Things is a lot of fun going up and down slickrock and Hell's is similar in many ways (mostly on slickrock) with some off camber spots, blind drops, etc. Not near as bad as I expected and it has some fun optional obstacles if you choose (Hell's Gate and tip over challenge).

Porcupine Rim is fine as long as you don't mind narrow (in spots) ledge roads. Poison Spider Mesa is a fun one but can be a bit unnerving in some sections (the waterfall).

Here are some videos from CM07 (my first year) of some of the trails you listed:

Porcupine Rim (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXcOWz2LZRE)

Fins & Things (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAASFLvGBhE)

Poison Spider Mesa - The Waterfall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arRi6NnsPd4)

Poison Spider Mesa - The Wedgie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmT9RtHEbto)

Other Poison Spider Mesa Stuff Vid 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oathfvj_2tQ) Vid 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPjht6EIAsI) Vid 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH5xN-JiQSA)

subzali
01-20-2011, 03:17 PM
You may want to take an extra can of gas for E-hill... I have made it successfully in my FJ40 several times, but was running on fumes on the way back :) If you don't have one, you may be able to borrow one in camp.. can't imagine i will be needing mine on Saturday...

x2 - I drove 20 miles on the way back to Moab with my needle pegged on the "E" - I had a spare can but wanted to see just how far I could push it :D

Get that H41/Orion installed and you'll have fun crawling up stuff on Fins and on E-Hill! You should try to hit up Corbet and see if he has a Lockright you could pull out of his 60 or something for that week! :thumb: :D ;) :p:

Rock Dog
01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Nah.....Hell's is similar in many ways (mostly on slickrock) with some off camber spots, blind drops, etc. Not near as bad as I expected and it has some fun optional obstacles if you choose (Hell's Gate and tip over challenge).

Not this year i am afraid.... Hell's Gate, the Hot Tubs, and Escalator CANNOT be run as part of the official "Cruise Moab Hell's Revenge" trail run. :(
If people wish to run these obsticles, they can do so on their own, when they are not part of the official trail, whose access is granted by a BLM permit....

To re-state, it is O.K to run them as individuals, but not as part of the official run... or even dropping off the official run to do so....

None of us are particularly happy with this, but it is a current limitation of the BLM permit (for us, as well as Easter Jeep Safari). If however we continue to play by the rules, we may get these back as part of the official run in the near future...

Sorry for the thread hijack.. hope i don't fall trying to get off of this soapbox ;)

Neil.

corsair23
01-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Not this year i am afraid.... Hell's Gate, the Hot Tubs, and Escalator CANNOT be run as part of the official "Cruise Moab Hell's Revenge" trail run. :(
If people wish to run these obsticles, they can do so on their own, when they are not part of the official trail, whose access is granted by a BLM permit....

Good information to know Neil :thumb:

At least this will absolve me of having any thoughts of actually attempting Hell's Gate for once :hill:

So any of the hot tubs are out as well? I've only run the trail once but I recall there being one "tub" that we drove into and out of but is wasn't one of the ones you typically see the buggies attempting.

Rock Dog
01-20-2011, 04:54 PM

At least this will absolve me of having any thoughts of actually attempting Hell's Gate for once :hill:

So any of the hot tubs are out as well? I've only run the trail once but I recall there being one "tub" that we drove into and out of but is wasn't one of the ones you typically see the buggies attempting.

You mean it will absolve you from running it as part of the official Cruise Moab Trail run.. You are still allowed to Run them on your own as individuals not part of the official runs.

Unfortunately all of the Hot tubs are out for the official Cruise Moab runs... Tip Over Challenge is still open...

If we continue to follow the rules, we hope they will again be available to the official runs with the 2012 Environmental Impact Study... As much as it impacts us, can you imagine what impact is has on Easter Jeep Safari.... :confused:

I will post up a thread later, and try to attach a Map that was provided by the BLM showing the routes available, and those not allowed by the permit.

Corbet
01-20-2011, 06:29 PM

We can just go out after dinner one night and run them in the dark as a unofficial activity;)

nattybumppo
01-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Monday through Wednesday, impromptu runs or help around camp.
Thursday Fins and Things
Friday Poison Spider Mesa
Saturday Elephant Hill (if I can find a dog sitter)

rover67
01-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Sascha, we can probably watch the dogger. We'll be on the Wipeout Hill run and can probably add your pup to our rig.

We'll have mead (great dane) and chilli (chihuahua mutt) so a third won't be too big of a deal as long as it gets along OK.

Just remind me as it gets closer if you need us to baby sit.

MikeBoyle
01-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Not sure if it has been mentioned, but anyone interested in running the White Rim Trail should know that it is currently not a loop trail, as the switch backs on the Mineral Bottom Road were washed out back in August. The BLM started the reconstruction in early December, but there is no current prediction on when the road will reopen. For more info and to see some pics go to: http://www.nps.gov/cany/news082410.htm

Inukshuk
01-20-2011, 10:18 PM
We can just go out after dinner one night and run them in the dark as a unofficial activity;)

For years we have talked of but never done a night run ... we have all these fancy lights .... Something close to town for a short trip .... something 2 hours or so .... nothing dangerous (i.e., no way Hells Gate) .... I have ideas.....

:offtobed:

TwoTurtlesRacing
01-20-2011, 10:29 PM

I'm game! Hope they open them back up! Sadly, it seems many times they don't...:banghead:

TwoTurtlesRacing
01-20-2011, 10:31 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I don't think that I'd thought of that...:eek:

Air Randy
01-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up! I don't think that I'd thought of that...:eek:

Careful, if you add a can of gas to the rig that isn't perfectly centered it may make it tilt a little bit. You may have to re-do your leaf springs packs all over again :D

Jacket
01-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Careful, if you add a can of gas to the rig that isn't perfectly centered it may make it tilt a little bit. You may have to re-do your leaf springs packs all over again :D

It's the easiest way to correct Cruiser lean.:rolleyes:

Corbet
01-21-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm game! Hope they open them back up! Sadly, it seems many times they don't...:banghead:

They are not closed to private runs. Only to us and other groups operating under an event permit with the BLM. So you or I could run Hells Gate on our own. Just not during an official CM11 trail run.

If someone during a Hells Revenge trail run, attempts Hells Gate or the Bath Tubs we risk losing our event permit.

Ayrtime
01-21-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks corsair23 video's were a great help.
Clark

corsair23
01-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks corsair23 video's were a great help.
Clark

:thumb:

Sorry they aren't higher quality but glad they helped

bigbluefj
01-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Trail Selections
Wednesday 1st:No Trail Run
Wednesday 2nd:No Trail Run
Wednesday BLM:0
Thursday 1st: Rating: 4 Fins & Things - 17 Spots Left
Thursday 2nd: Rating: 7 Golden Spike - 19 Spots Left
Thursday 3rd: Rating: 6 Hells Revenge - 20 Spots Left
Thursday BLM: 1
Friday 1st: Rating: 6 Hells Revenge - 19 Spots Left
Friday 2nd: Rating: 6 Metal Masher - 18 Spots Left
Friday 3rd: Rating: 7 Moab Rim - 20 Spots Left
Friday BLM: 1
Saturday 1st: Rating: 5 Wipe Out Hill - 16 Spots Left
Saturday 2nd: Rating: 5 Poison Spider Mesa - 20 Spots Left
Saturday 3rd: Rating: 6 Kane Creek Canyon - 19 Spots Left

zornff
01-22-2011, 07:22 AM
[QUOTE=Corbet;
If someone during a Hells Revenge trail run, attempts Hells Gate or the Bath Tubs we risk losing our event permit.[/QUOTE]

When did this come about ? I ran Hells Gate with a CM run in '06. Changing times i guess.

nakman
01-22-2011, 07:24 AM
When did this come about ? I ran Hells Gate with a CM run in '06. Changing times i guess.

Last year. those obstacles are still open if you're not part of a permitted event, but they weren't included in the impact study that defined the permits of the events (Easter Jeep, CM..) so not open. Yeah, bummer huh. :o

Old40Dog
01-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Trail Selections;
Thursday 1st: No Trail Run
Friday 1st: No Trail Run
Saturday 1st: Rating: 4 Elephant Hill - 20 Spots Left
Saturday 2nd: Rating: 4 Sevenmile Rim - 20 Spots Left
Saturday 3rd: Rating: 4 Fins & Things - 18 Spots Left

Saturday, hopefully Zach will driving the Pig on E-Hill :cool:

JadeRunner
01-25-2011, 06:06 PM
We will have to hook on another run anyway. My friend Dan will be with me again. We like to hammer out a 2nd run later in the day, plus we will be there Wed. (will want to do Hells gate first thing to get acclimated). We are camped about 6 sites south of you so we will see you there.

Dang it Scott, looks like we won't get to wheel together this year:(

What I'm doing:

Thurs, Behind the rocks
Fri, Area BFE difficult(have volunteered to lead it)
Sat, Pritchett.

Are you at least at the slickrock campground?

Po Boy 80
01-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Hard to say at this time. But I'm only 3 hours to Moab from my driveway. So if I get a 6am start I could probably be trail ready by 10am.

This far out its pretty hard to predict my departure time. The 1yr old puts a pretty big handicap on all time estimates.

Man up.... You can do it! Just get rid of the Bronchitis(sp) It is all about being a parent. Might as well get used to it Brother!

Po Boy 80
01-25-2011, 10:29 PM
You mean it will absolve you from running it as part of the official Cruise Moab Trail run.. You are still allowed to Run them on your own as individuals not part of the official runs.

Unfortunately all of the Hot tubs are out for the official Cruise Moab runs... Tip Over Challenge is still open...

If we continue to follow the rules, we hope they will again be available to the official runs with the 2012 Environmental Impact Study... As much as it impacts us, can you imagine what impact is has on Easter Jeep Safari.... :confused:

I will post up a thread later, and try to attach a Map that was provided by the BLM showing the routes available, and those not allowed by the permit.
My experience is that this crew (Rising Sun) runs a smarter and more considerate line.
Keep up the good feel to Moab Guys. Talking to folks around town in 2009 they were happy to have us and glad we weren't the last batch form the prior month. I think you do a great job in keeping the Peace. There is always time to come back if you raise the bar for others.
Sorry for the Hijack. Just had to comment!:cheers:

Po Boy 80
01-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Trail Selections;
Thursday 1st: No Trail Run
Friday 1st: No Trail Run
Saturday 1st: Rating: 4 Elephant Hill - 20 Spots Left
Saturday 2nd: Rating: 4 Sevenmile Rim - 20 Spots Left
Saturday 3rd: Rating: 4 Fins & Things - 18 Spots Left

Saturday, hopefully Zach will driving the Pig on E-Hill :cool:
Dave,
May not be on the same runs with you and your's, but we look forward to seeing you guys. We are in site 180. Tell the wife to bring the dilly beans. We are all out! I will be bringing the Wiskey Q though.
Tic list registered:
Koko= Thursday to Tuesday! YEah!
Friday= Need to get rid of Behind the Rocks due to Koko 3 day with fam.
Saturday= Golden spike with the crew from DGO and more.
PS. I will have info for you reguarding Cruise Ouray questions about legalities on trailers.

xodeuce
01-30-2011, 10:44 AM
Trail Selections
Wednesday 2nd:No Trail Run
Wednesday BLM:0
Thursday 1st: Rating: 2 Chicken Corners - 14 Spots Left
Thursday 2nd: Rating: 4 Sevenmile Rim - 19 Spots Left
Thursday 3rd: No Trail Run
Thursday BLM: 1
Friday 1st: Rating: 4 Sevenmile Rim - 8 Spots Left
Friday 2nd: Rating: 4 Fins & Things - 12 Spots Left
Friday 3rd: No Trail Run
Friday BLM: 1
Saturday 1st: Rating: 4 Fins & Things - 9 Spots Left
Saturday 2nd: Rating: 4 Elephant Hill - 13 Spots Left
Saturday 3rd: No Trail Run
Saturday BLM: 1

WyoCruiser
01-30-2011, 03:17 PM
The following may be helpful as an overview, it gives general info. and shows maps as part of the BLM Travel Management Plan

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/recreation/motorized_routes/copy.html

It's not specific to CM, but gives some background.

desmocruiser
02-02-2011, 06:01 PM
look forward to seeing you again John and Rami!

Hope to see you gunning or leading one of the trails again this year!

Cheers from Tennessee! :cheers:

Ayrtime
04-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Its's official,
the Kokopelli overnight,
then Friday the Poison Spider Mesa,
Saterday will be Hells Revenge

zornff
04-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Behind the rocks on Thursday, Hells revenge on Friday for me.

nicholas
04-24-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm stoked, this is my first trip to CM. I'm bringing the wife and our 2 boys (1 and 3 years old). We'll be staying at the archway and will be driving my wife's white 93 80 series.

Th-Porcupine Rim
Fri-Poison Spider Mesa
Sat-Hells Revenge

I know anything can happen on the trails but does anyone have a rough guess on about what time we should be done with hells revenge on Saturday?

nicholas
04-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Its's official,
the Kokopelli overnight,
then Friday the Poison Spider Mesa,
Saterday will be Hells Revenge

Looks like I'll see you on the trails on Fri/Sat.:cheers:

nicholas
04-24-2011, 02:10 PM
We will have to hook on another run anyway. My friend Dan will be with me again. We like to hammer out a 2nd run later in the day, plus we will be there Wed. (will want to do Hells gate first thing to get acclimated). We are camped about 6 sites south of you so we will see you there.

Are you guys going to run Hells gate on Wed? I'd love to check it out if you guys are going. Our plan is to arrive in Moab early Wed Morning.

corsair23
04-25-2011, 12:02 AM
I know anything can happen on the trails but does anyone have a rough guess on about what time we should be done with hells revenge on Saturday?

The one time I've run it at CM we were off the trail by about 3pm IIRC...Of course that was back when we could run Hells Gate and the hot tubs during the event so I'm guessing now without being able to do those obstacles you could get off the trail earlier.

Bighead
04-25-2011, 08:38 AM
Thurs: Chicken Corners :Princess:
Fri: Porcupine Rim
Sat: Poison Spider Mesa