PDA

View Full Version : Toyota FJCruiser sales up 26% in 2010

Caribou Sandstorm
01-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Pulled this from the blue room..UB eat your heart out..They are still selling like hot cakes baby!!! Land Cruiser sales down..:(

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/general-discussion/121801-fj-sales-up-26-2010-2009-a.html

Corbet
01-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Land Cruiser sales down..:(

Importation numbers of the 200 series are way down. Go to your local dealer and ask for one. Most likely they will say they don't have one and can't get one. At least that is the story down here in Durango. Sales manager has been trying to get one for months.

I'm happy to hear the FJ's are still selling strong. I hope they don't drop it any time soon. Its a great truck. That said for my needs a Trail Edition 4Runner would be much better, kid, giant dog and all. Probably the :Princess:'s next vehicle. Or a used 200;)

Woodsman
01-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Uh, Chris, it is up from 2009 but the first couple of years they were in the 45-50K per year range. Just sayin'. They'll be down again with gas prices going up.

Caribou Sandstorm
01-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Yep I see the 4runner go buy and think that is what I should have bought. But they don't do it for me like the FJC... I am in way to deep and did a blood/oil indian ritual with my FJC, so we are in this thing for the long haul...

Life would be perfect with the right 62 series and getting my 80 back from my father in-law, man that was a bad idea...He just told me he wants me to throw a lift on it for him....I might have to sell the VW campervan, inorder to get it back..Maybe I should just by a 40th anniversary edition and call it good.

Woodsman
01-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Dude, if you find a clean, rust free anniversary edition for a decent price . . . slap my name on it !

Hulk
01-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Y...getting my 80 back from my father in-law, man that was a bad idea...He just told me he wants me to throw a lift on it for him....I might have to sell the VW campervan, inorder to get it back..Maybe I should just by a 40th anniversary edition and call it good.

I thought the 80 that your FIL is driving has no lockers? If so, let him keep it and look for another one. Factory electric lockers are sweet.

Corbet
01-11-2011, 07:18 AM
I it were just me/wife/dog I'd rather DD an FJ Cruiser than my very thirsty 80 series. I could live without the solid axle off road for a 50-100% increase in MPG 98% of is use. Not to mention a vehicle that is 15 years newer.

That said I still love my 80. Just sucks filling it up twice a week.

powderpig
01-11-2011, 09:00 AM
The most appealing color for me to date is the new Blue one. I was just at Boulder Toyota getting some parts. It was a great color to me. But alas, I am opting for a Diesel Golf Variant that will give me over 40 on the highway and over 30 in town. It is silver and should serve me well. Shame on Toyota for not bringing in Diesels in the FJC, 4 runner and any other vehicle that has a diesel power plant in the rest of the world.

SteveH
01-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Without putting too fine a point on it, Toyota seems to be working to kill the Land Cruiser by swamping it with too much competition in its own space, and by (IMO) making it look butt ugly. With 1807 sold, can you imagine trying to find a used part 10 years from now? I have seen 1-2 of them around Colo Springs. To me, they already almost don't exist!

Corbet
01-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Not killed off, just adapted for this market. Land Cruiser's sales are strong in other places in their real form. I actually got tired of seeing Land Cruisers and Patrols in Australia. It was cool for a few days then you realized in the outback its just about the only thing on the road.

I just wish we got this....

Caribou Sandstorm
01-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Ahhhhh..My favorite Toyota of all time the 70 series wagon, almost makes me want to move to Austraila so I can own one....They come factory with the snorkel! You can see out of the back seat and the have a solid front axel...genius..........

Woodsman
01-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Ahhhhh..My favorite Toyota of all time the 70 series wagon, almost makes me want to move to Austraila so I can own one....They come factory with the snorkel!

I think that I saw one last week at a tire place in Cincinnati that looked like new. I did a double take and then snapped a couple Droid pics. I'll have to get them uploaded.

timmbuck2
01-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Not killed off, just adapted for this market. Land Cruiser's sales are strong in other places in their real form. I actually got tired of seeing Land Cruisers and Patrols in Australia. It was cool for a few days then you realized in the outback its just about the only thing on the road.

I just wish we got this....

:drool:

seems like Toyota really segmented their SUV market...how many do they have now??

RAV-4
Highlander
FJC
4Runner
Land Cruiser
Sequoia

plus the Lexus equivalents...

I would have bought an FJC if there was a convertible option. I am pretty happy though with my Jetta TDI and I agree with Robbie, really wish I could have given my money to Toyota for a diesel anything...

Woodsman
01-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Yeah, a couple years ago when everyone was patting Toyota on the back (because of the Prius) and the US automakers were getting slammed "for pushing big SUVs", I was wondering if nobody noticed how many big SUVs Toyota was pushing via two divisions. Turns out GM had the higher average MPG all along anyway.

At about the same time, when questioned about it, the leaders of Toyota said they were not going to introduce diesels into the US as they thought hybrid technology was the wave of the future. This is also the same time GM sold their share of Isuzu and Toyota snapped it up for Isuzu's technology . . . leading to speculation that Toyota would develop a heavy duty diesel Tundra to compete with Ford, GM, and Dodge.

You want an efficient car ? . . . drop a small diesel into the Prius and your head will spin.

OilHammer
01-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Drop a diesel in anything.... It won't be long until those TD in the panel wagons start coming up for sale from wrecked trucks. Those Sprinters are everywhere now. Not crazy about putting a Merc motor in a Toyota, but that would be super sweet in an 80 and cheaper than the 1HDT.
That said, would love to get new 70 series over here, but short of an RI, there isn't any way to do it. Take $30k to buy the truck, another $2k to ship it, then tack on at least $10k worth of RI fees to have a truck no bank will finance. $42k will buy TWO very nice 100 series. and have gas money to spare. Tough to rationalize for sure.

Woodsman
01-18-2011, 08:19 AM
rutbeer, I have a clipping for you to see from a newspaper like publication I get called FarmShow. Give me a minute to find the scan I saved in my photobucket.

Edit: found it

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh156/woodsmanspics/ToyotapickuppoweredbyFreightlinerdi.jpg

I question a couple things that the writer probably screwed up in translation like the truck was submerged for "several years" and switching from a 4.10 to 4.53 to get better mileage. I would've expected even better mileage than he is getting.