PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriend goes to Jeep forum to complain about her BF's project...

Hulk
01-13-2011, 05:26 PM
You guys need to read this thread -- mainly the first response she gets.

Click here to read. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/96-jeep-cherokee-need-opinions-1149721/index2.html)

TIMZTOY
01-13-2011, 07:07 PM
love it !!! we can all dream like that.. ha a hot meal like that will ever happen.. :rolleyes: :lmao::lmao: beer is for when its done.. HA:rolleyes: that could take months to get a beer.. :hill: like we can wait that long.. that means tom cant have a beer yet. !!!

RedCreeper
01-13-2011, 07:41 PM
My first question is what are you doing on a JEEP forum?

Chris
01-13-2011, 08:05 PM
I tried reading it but the guy sounds like a total @sshole...

RockRunner
01-13-2011, 08:19 PM
I started with a beer so I am already ahead of the game:D

Inukshuk
01-13-2011, 09:04 PM
The thread is proving so popular that it is slowing their forum to a crawl. They say 150,000 views from around the world. Maybe we should go Members Only......

I'm going to show it to the next date that asks me about the "thingie" on my truck (snorkel) and why three antennas.

Before its deleted, here is the essence, the first question and answer. After that its nothing special. Read it tongue in cheek. Like a stand up comedy routine:

96 Jeep Cherokee: Need Opinions
So, my boyfriend bought a '96 Cherokee (XJ) SE, for way too much, like around $3,000. It broke down and he has put another $2,500 in it and totally rebuilt the engine and did a lot of after market work on it. He has and will do all the labor himself, he refuses to pay for labor. Now, he finds out that the motor needs to be taken back out and fixed again and is looking at another $700. I said he should just sell it and wipe his hands clean, he says he won't make enough.
Firstly, what is your guys' opinion on what he should do? Secondly, how much do you think he could make parting it versus just the whole car as is?
Thanks for your guys' opinions!

You want my opinion? Ok…

Shut the hell up. You’re not his wife. You’re not paying for the repairs. It’s absolutely none of your business what he does with his Jeep or his money. I know your type well… first it’s “Sell the Jeep because it’s costing too much money.” Then it’s “No, you can’t go spend the weekend with your buddies because I need you to take me shopping.” Then it’s “Oh gee, honey… I’m pregnant. Gosh, I have no idea how that happened.”

You’re a DreamKiller. You kill a guy’s dreams, take away his future, tie him down with a fat mortgage and too many babies, and turn him into just another miserable guy wondering, “How the hell did I get here?”

Do you really want to help him? Here’s what you do… go to your local library (it’s a big building with books inside) and check out a couple of books on rebuilding engines. Read them, over and over, until YOU understand what needs to be done. Then help him get that engine out and rebuild it. Tie your hair back in a ponytail, put on some old jeans and get your hands dirty. Hand him wrenches, hold the light, pull the wire connectors apart, help him get the hood off… help him with anything he needs. When he gets tired, run inside and make him a hot lunch or dinner. Fix him coffee, hot chocolate, whatever he wants. (But NO beer. Beer is for when the job is done.)

Then when the day is over and you’re both exhausted from working on the engine, push him into a hot shower and jump in with him. Scrub his back, wash his hair, rinse him off, and dry him with fluffy towels still hot from the dryer. Then push him into bed and screw his ears off. Then get up the next day and do it all over again.

Make him realize that rebuilding an engine is a slow and methodical process. Make him realize that every step should be regarded as surgery; every step must be perfect… perfect torque, perfect fit, perfectly clean. If you run into a step that you just can’t figure out, ask for help from someone who knows what he’s doing. Are you cute? Put on a low-cut top, show some cleavage and go (by yourself) to the local Jeep shop, and explain to the guys that you are helping your boyfriend to rebuild his engine and neither of you can figure out this one little step, and do they have any advice…

Think it won’t work? Think again. We guys love to help cute girls, even if they have a boyfriend. (Hey, maybe you’ve got a sister, or girlfriend…)

But absolutely DO NOT whine or complain. Do not say a single negative thing. Not a single “Oooooo, I broke a nail.” If you break a nail, or cut your finger, or bang a knuckle, you just shut up and DEAL WITH IT. You should be a hopelessly optomistic, never-say-die cheerleader, encouraging him every step of the way.

That’s my opinion.

MDH33
01-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Just another spammer getting creative.

Woodsman
01-13-2011, 10:10 PM
That is awesome. That guy has the right idea but he's definitely fantasizing.

If he can pull off that kind of response every time, he needs to be writing for some four wheeling mag so we can be entertained every month.

TIMZTOY
01-13-2011, 11:30 PM
That is awesome. That guy has the right idea but he's definitely fantasizing.

If he can pull off that kind of response every time, he needs to be writing for some four wheeling mag so we can be entertained every month.

pm him. thats a good idea.

LETSROLL
01-14-2011, 12:26 AM
That's awesome stuff. He's got my vote for Time magazine man of the year!

Red_Chili
01-14-2011, 08:17 AM
If you peel back the caustic nature of the response (*snort*).... it's actually great advice.

Rarely taken.

Mind you, it puts all the burden on the GF. What happened to balance? Now imagine if BF and GF actually go the same extra mile for each other.

Seldom Seen
01-14-2011, 09:02 AM
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Around our house it goes something like this:

Her: "Honey, the 'runner is riding like crap and it's getting the tell tale butt sag. Would a new suspension, with a few inches of lift, fix the problem?"

Me: "yep"

A few weeks later she comes home from work in tears. "Honey, I'm sorry but I got into a fender bender and the front bumper is trashed.

Me, after she calms down: "It's OK as long as you're not hurt, we can get the 'Runner fixed."

Her: "OK, but can we get a ARB instead of a stock replacement?"

Bumper is on, color matched no less, and she is so happy you would think I bought her a diamond necklace (but in typical female thought process, I know in the back of her mind she is thinking, where are the matching ear rings??)

A few weeks later, out it comes: "Honey, I want sliders and I want them color matched too"

Me: "OK, let's go see Oleg"

Everything's fine for about a year, until one day she comes home from work after a mild snow storm: "Honey, those tires are getting worn and I was sliding all over the road, we need new ones! Ya know after the lift and bumper those tires look kinda small, can we go bigger?"

ME: "We would need to re-gear for larger tires"

Her:"To what, 488's?"

Me: "Yep, gonna be expensive."

Her: "I want larger tires"

Me: "OK"

Most recently: "Honey, we need a locker, I wish I took your advise and just had it done when we re-gear'd"

Man, I LOVE my wife :Princess::D:bowdown::thumb:

nakman
01-14-2011, 09:26 AM
that's awesome man, Heather is a keeper for sure. the other day Michele told me the 100's tires looked "small and wussy...." yeah I love her. :p:

Hulk
01-14-2011, 10:12 AM
My first question is what are you doing on a JEEP forum?

I saw the link somewhere else. You think I have time to hang out anywhere other than RS? Crap, I don't even go to 'mud.

Red_Chili
01-15-2011, 01:27 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Around our house it goes something like this:

Man, I LOVE my wife :Princess::D:bowdown::thumb:
Ah, but the cool thing there is, you get to drive the aforementioned vehicle. With motorcycles, it turned into, she got cooler stuff than I did, and our trips basically went from 50mpg to 25mpg, and the tire expenses doubled, and the maintenance doubled...

The current situation is not likewise constrained... but she is enthusiastic about the most recent addition despite it being a monoposto (single seat).
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?p=173008#post173008