PDA

View Full Version : CM11 Tech Inspectors Needed

Air Randy
01-14-2011, 09:48 AM
I thought I would go ahead and get a post up so folks can start thinking now about whether they can volunteer to support this activity.

You do not need to be an experienced mechanic in order to perform this function so don't let that prevent you from signing up. We have folks work in 2 person teams and it's primarily a clipboard/checklist activity. If your spouse want's to help out that will be fine. If there are any serious mechanical concerns we will have experienced folks available to make the call on those items. Tech inspection will be held at Slickrock Campground so if you aren't staying there plan on dropping by.

Schedule:
Mon-Tue - We are going to need folks participating in the Kokopelli and San Rafael Swell overnight runs to be the Tech Inspectors for vehicles on those runs.

Wed is always busy and we can use a minimum of 4-6 people per shift, 4-6 is usually enough for Thur & Fri.

Wed - We have the following shifts to staff: 8-10; 10-12; 1-3; 3-5

Thur - 7-8

Fri - 7-8

Please indicate if you have enough mechanical experience that you are comfortable being the shift/team leader for the period you sign up.

As always, thanks for your support for making CM11 a great event.

RockRunner
01-14-2011, 10:45 AM
I will be there Monday and Tuesday to help you. Wednesday I can do 8-10 am, after that it depends on what I am leading so sign me up for those slots.

Air Randy
01-14-2011, 11:08 AM
The over night run folks have to deal with tech inspection themselves on Mon-Tues. Everyone else can support the Wed thru Fri shifts.

docmallory
01-14-2011, 11:31 AM
I'll be arriving Tues and have an open schedule, so I'd be happy to help Wed 8-10 and 1-3.

Brad Mallory

Air Randy
01-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks Brad! Did you also check the box on your registration that you wanted to volunteer?

TIMZTOY
01-14-2011, 05:45 PM
wensday 8-10

when do the trails runs start ? wensday

Romer
01-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I'll do Wednesday 8-10

docmallory
01-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks Brad! Did you also check the box on your registration that you wanted to volunteer?

Uh oh.

No, I hope that's not a problem.

RockRunner
01-14-2011, 07:26 PM
First official trail runs start Thursday so no worries there.

nattybumppo
01-15-2011, 03:14 AM
Randy, I'm available to help however I can starting Tuesday morning. I have scheduled runs Thursday through Saturday, but I should be wide open Tuesday and Wednesday. I don't have the experience to be a crew boss, but I am a heck of a pencil pusher.

Air Randy
01-15-2011, 06:40 AM
Uh oh.

No, I hope that's not a problem.

No problem at all, just wanted to make sure I didn't double count you.

PhatFJ
01-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Randy, I should be able to due the Wednesday 3 to 5 shift... :thumb:

Rzeppa
01-15-2011, 01:47 PM
I did check off the volunteer box when I registered, but haven't sent in the form yet. I will be happy to volunteer for a shift or two.

I've done safety inspections at CM for many years, and among the things that is so cool about this particular job is getting to see all the rigs and what each person has done. I have always hated having to fail people, but the rules is the rules and we want people (drivers, passengers and bystanders) to stay safe.

I will be camped directly behind the inspection area in 178 behind cabin 41 (if memory serves, that is the cabin number, the North cabin), assuming that is where we will continue to have them, so it will be an easy amble from my tent to headquarters.

Cruise Moab has always had the reputation of being the most stringent of all TLCA events for making sure all the rigs are as safe as possible. I am very proud of our reputation and tradition.

Rock Dog
01-16-2011, 02:46 AM
I will be camped directly behind the inspection area in 178 behind cabin 41 (if memory serves, that is the cabin number, the North cabin), assuming that is where we will continue to have them, so it will be an easy amble from my tent to headquarters.

Hello Jeff,
It is Cabin #14 there are only 14 cabins and it is the last one :D Right numbers wrong order;)

Rzeppa
01-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Hello Jeff,
It is Cabin #14 there are only 14 cabins and it is the last one :D Right numbers wrong order;)

OK I got a bit of lysdexia going on with all that ;)

bh4rnnr
01-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Randy, I could help out Friday in the Am.

Groucho
01-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Nakman and I are officially signing up to help Friday AM.

Old40Dog
01-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Randy, Put me down where you need me. I'm not scheduled on any runs until Saturday.

rover67
01-17-2011, 11:59 AM
I will do Friday AM, that should give you 4 folks.

-Marco

xodeuce
01-17-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm in for Friday AM as an assistant to someone who is more experienced if you're looking for 6 total. Marco, I figure I can give you a hand if that'll work.
-Keith

MikeBoyle
01-18-2011, 08:39 PM
I'll be down there with SafariLTD and can do tech any time wednesday. I'm also willing to lead the shift/team if you need me.

Air Randy
01-19-2011, 02:32 PM
I'll be down there with SafariLTD and can do tech any time wednesday. I'm also willing to lead the shift/team if you need me.

Mike, thats great. Thanks for the support. How many shifts are you willing to cover on Wed? I'm sure we'll get more people signing up so we can spread the load out eventually.

Air Randy
01-19-2011, 02:36 PM
I did check off the volunteer box when I registered, but haven't sent in the form yet. I will be happy to volunteer for a shift or two.

I've done safety inspections at CM for many years, and among the things that is so cool about this particular job is getting to see all the rigs and what each person has done. I have always hated having to fail people, but the rules is the rules and we want people (drivers, passengers and bystanders) to stay safe.

Cruise Moab has always had the reputation of being the most stringent of all TLCA events for making sure all the rigs are as safe as possible. I am very proud of our reputation and tradition.

Jeff, which days/shifts are you willing to do? Currently I have you down for the Thursday morning early shift. Friday is already covered solid and were looking good for Wed morning. Were still a little thin for Wed afternoon and evening shifts.

Air Randy
01-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Randy, I could help out Friday in the Am. Perry, would you also be available for Thursday morning from 7 to 8 am?

bh4rnnr
01-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Perry, would you also be available for Thursday morning from 7 to 8 am?

Randy, no I won't be available then, Sorry! But do put me down for Raffle/dinner help friday night.

:beer:

MikeBoyle
01-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Mike, thats great. Thanks for the support. How many shifts are you willing to cover on Wed? I'm sure we'll get more people signing up so we can spread the load out eventually.

I need to find out from the boss man what my obligations are with him, but I beleive I can cover just about any shift. As long as they don't need me, I'm willing to help in any way, for as long as you can stand me!

Air Randy
01-19-2011, 10:02 PM
I need to find out from the boss man what my obligations are with him, but I beleive I can cover just about any shift. As long as they don't need me, I'm willing to help in any way, for as long as you can stand me!

Great! For now I'll fill you in for several shifts but I'm sure we'll get a ton more volunteers in time and everyone can usually get by with just 1 shift.

WyoCruiser
01-20-2011, 01:10 PM
I registered on Jan. 11th and put down that I'd be able to help with tech inspections on Wednesday from 10AM until 5PM. I'm not sure if this info. made it to you.
When we attended in 2009, my wife and I helped out and it was fun meeting people, seeing all the rigs and making sure they were all good to go.
Proof of current insurance seemed to be the biggest problem on our shifts.

Air Randy
01-20-2011, 04:43 PM
I registered on Jan. 11th and put down that I'd be able to help with tech inspections on Wednesday from 10AM until 5PM. I'm not sure if this info. made it to you.
When we attended in 2009, my wife and I helped out and it was fun meeting people, seeing all the rigs and making sure they were all good to go.
Proof of current insurance seemed to be the biggest problem on our shifts.

Excellent! I sent you a PM

DanS
01-21-2011, 01:07 AM
Randy:

You've got a PM

Dan