PDA

View Full Version : 1987 SB Truck - Locked & Lifted $2,000

PatrolMan
01-16-2011, 06:56 PM
The time has come to finally sell the truck after 5 years of daily driving. I bought this from a friend who drove it for 5 years prior, so I most of the history of it.

It is a 22r with 5 speed trans. Gets 20-22mpg in town (when calculated for 33" tires and 4.30 gears) but I am pretty easy on the gas pedal. Whether you get on the gas or not, it is pretty slow, after all it is a 22r.

Mods:
33" BFG's on chrome rims (count on needing new tires soon)
Rear Toyota TRD e-locker (I converted to a "manual" locker to engage and disengage, but still have the electric motor)
4.30 gears front/rear (originally 4.10)
1.5 inch body lift
Older Rancho shocks
Torsion bars cranked about 1.5 inches lift
Poly low profile bumpstops in front
Rear longer boomerang shackles and TJ coil springs (extra weight capacity) adds 2+ inches lift
Bucket seats in brown to match interior (originally a bench)
Replaced doors with power windows and larger folding mirrors (re-keyed to match ignition)
Doors both have plugs to easily un-plug power windows and swap/remove doors in Summer
Older stereo with MP3 input on front
4 speakers; pair in front footwell panels that are near newer and pair behind seats
Cobra CB with weather channel stations, antenna on top of tool box
Tool box with locks/keys and bike mount on top
A/C compressor was added and made into air compressor; it has gone bad but an extra compressor is included
Rear step bumper, raised as high as possible into roll pan but gate opens/closes without touching. Great for offroad clearance.
2" rear hitch receiver mounted on bumper
Block heater, even though I have never used it.

Recent work (all in last 25,000 or so miles):
Rebuilt clutch master cylinder and new clutch slave cylinder (approx 1 year ago)
New water pump and fan belts (approx 1-2 years ago)
Carb replaced (approx 1 year ago)
Power steering pump rebuilt (1-2 years ago)
Newer alternator
Brand new clutch and engine rear main seal (approx 4 years ago)
Replaced transmission and t-case from 1990 4Runner when clutch was done (old trans went out)
Battery a couple years ago; always starts even on coldest mornings

I am sure there was more I did to it. I have a full list of all the work that I can retrieve.

Factory features/options:
Power steering
Rear sliding window
Manual hubs (factory AISIN hubs that work great)

$2,000 as the rear diff/axle work is worth about $500 alone.
Will include an emissions test for the new owner.

I also have a set of 1/2 doors which I made for it and REALLY like. Pic is included. Tan interior on them to go with the rest and custom latches to open the doors. They are great in Summer. They were the original brown doors, but had been gutted when I got the truck, so making them 1/2 doors only made sense. They can be included for $200, but they won't be sold without the truck... Non-negotiable on that.

Lastly, if interested, I have a set of 4 studded snow tires on rims that can be sold with truck. $200 firm and they will not be sold without the truck.

PM for info or call 3oh3-ateoh6-oh6forate anytime before 9PM.

PatrolMan
01-16-2011, 06:58 PM
More pics

PatrolMan
01-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Last of pics.

hyperboarder
01-30-2011, 06:29 PM
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=13344

Any interest in a trade? I need a truck.