PDA

View Full Version : fj40 Hardtop side panels

PhatFJ
02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Hey, I am looking for some hardtop side panels (beat up, without glass) really, I am going to cannibalize them :eek: so I can make a set of bows for my OCD soft top. This is for a 1970 and I need these in order to frame the door. Please let me know if you have or know of anything that might help...

Thanks!!!
Brian

TIMZTOY
02-01-2011, 07:34 PM
ask timmbuck2 he has a complete hard top sitting at his shop.. that im sure you could have cheap

PhatFJ
02-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Cool, thanks Tim! I just sent Timm a PM, we'll see what happens..

Brian

gr8fulabe
02-01-2011, 09:52 PM
I've been planning on ordering a set or two, plus some other stuff from Paul Pilgrim in Panama some day soon. I work in Intl. Logistics & trade compliance, and my wife is a licensed US Customs Broker, and is Import/Trade Compliance manager at her company (intl. Freight Forwarder). So we have the import thing dialed, with really good rates if you wanted to get in on an order, instead of chopping up a roof & making some....
Best,
Abe

Old40Dog
02-01-2011, 09:54 PM
I got a hard top from a 68-74 with out glass and rear hatch you can have for free. PM me if still interested.

PhatFJ
02-01-2011, 10:12 PM
I've been planning on ordering a set or two, plus some other stuff from Paul Pilgrim in Panama some day soon. I work in Intl. Logistics & trade compliance, and my wife is a licensed US Customs Broker, and is Import/Trade Compliance manager at her company (intl. Freight Forwarder). So we have the import thing dialed, with really good rates if you wanted to get in on an order, instead of chopping up a roof & making some....
Best,
Abe

Abe, thanks so much for the offer! I contacted Paul a few times for pricing on just the frame around the door opening (I can't see paying for all the tubing to be shipped) and it seemed like quite a bit of money for what I was looking for. I think I will try and build my own but I really appreciate the offer!!

I got a hard top from a 68-74 with out glass and rear hatch you can have for free. PM me if still interested.

Dave, I will PM you!!

thanks!! Brian

gr8fulabe
02-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Hey Brian,

If you think it is stupid to pay for the tubing parts, I assume that means you have the abilities to make those parts. If I could get a good deal on just the door frame parts from Paul, and bought yours along with mine, would you be willing to make the tube parts for the sets I want? I have an oem soft top, that is missing the part over the door, that I want to complete, and then I want another set for my oem hardtop version, and maybe one for my troopy, even though I don't think I will need it because I have one that is true oem about to ship from Oz (assuming it never actually ships, I would want one that was aftermarket). I'm not saying that would be a lock, but if I could work out a good deal, would you be interested in possibly a trade of parts for labor like that?
thanks,
abe

PhatFJ
02-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Hi Abe, I would be happy to work with you on this. I just want you to know that I have not fabricated a set yet and this will be a new effort for me, I have researched quite a bit on MUD, got lots of info and diagrams. I am very confident that I will be able to do the tubing. I am going to go ahead and get the top from Dave which he has kindly donated to my effort and will be able to work on this one. I have an OCD top which is basically a OEM duplicate. After I get this one done I will be looking to do another one for my 75. (this one is for my 70... Let me know what you think. I will PM you my contact info and we can work on this..

Brian