PDA

View Full Version : Cruiser Outfitters Fire?

rover67
02-10-2011, 05:47 PM
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/temporary.html

anybody heard anything from Kurt?

corsair23
02-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Bummer! :(

PhatFJ
02-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Wow, I just called Kurt today to place an order and got the machine. Hope he is OK..

Rock Dog
02-10-2011, 06:24 PM
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/temporary.html

anybody heard anything from Kurt?

That really sucks!
Hope he is alright

MDH33
02-10-2011, 06:31 PM
I hope it wasn't too serious and everyone is ok. I'll make sure to give Kurt some business when he opens again.

Corbet
02-10-2011, 06:34 PM
I traded emails with him a few days ago. Must have been before the fire. Hope things are OK.

84cruzer
02-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Blows! :( Any new updates? Hope nobody got hurt.

Caribou Sandstorm
02-10-2011, 06:58 PM
That really sucks!
Hope he is alright

x2

bh4rnnr
02-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Crap, hope the new shop is ok!

RockRunner
02-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Hope all is well and he is back in business soon. If there was a loss to equipment I hope he has insurance, am sure he does but.......Well i'll hope for the best for him and his family.

Inukshuk
02-10-2011, 07:38 PM
just sent him a text. Will let you know if I hear.

Inukshuk
02-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Kurt says all is well and will just be closed a few days. That's all I got.

rover67
02-10-2011, 08:53 PM
that's good news!

Glad you were able to get in touch. I looked on his site to see if he had something and found that notice, kinda freaked me out. I haven't been able to find anything on any other boards or anything.

Thanks for texting him Daniel, makes me feel at least a little bit better that it might only have him down a few days...

Hopefully like you guys said he hasn't lost too much.

Dr. Schlegs
02-11-2011, 03:00 AM
I'm glad things are ok with him.

Trapper50cal
02-11-2011, 10:56 AM
There is a thread in mud chat, it started in 60's and got moved. Seems all is okay, and that what Kurt is most worried about is getting people their orders shipped...that guy:rolleyes:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat-section/457640-cruiser-outfitters-fire.html

Rusted
02-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Kurt is a rockstar.

I live not far from his shop and heard word there was a fire and was there as the hotspots were still being sprayed. It my book the fire was pretty extensive, and Kurt was devistated that night. The good news is that Kurt, his wife, and even his dog are just fine.

As the water was being sprayed Kurt was saying things like "I am so glad I got all of my orders shipped". That dude is dedicated to Crusier Outfitters and has killer customer service.

The next morning there were already clean up crews and a construction company on location. He will be back as fast as humanly possible. If you know or hear of any customers that are waiting on him let them know that he is getting back on his feet fast, and he will help them in anyways possible. If they can't reach him be a little patient and check back often. Some friends are updating his website so check back there for updates!

Good luck Kurt! We have your back!

Jacket
02-11-2011, 12:06 PM
That stinks. I hope he had a good insurance policy, and had minimal property loss.

cruiseroutfit
02-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Thank you, thank you and thank you. Its encouraging to hear from so many with words of hope and the many offers to help have been overwhelming and humbling to say the least. Its a great loss but I'm optimistic that things will bounce back with time. We are in the process of dealing with the insurance company now, from there we pick up the peices and rebuild. I'd like to think of it as a mere hurdle that life has dealt me. Again thanks for all the generous offers of support and encouraging calls and messages, its made dealing with this so much easier for both my wife and I. I'm still working as usual, I spent all day today doing my best to get caught up on emails, voicemails and shipping out all the orders I could, I'll continue to do so all next week and beyond. Moving forward as best I can. Thanks again guys!

Rusted
02-15-2011, 08:03 PM
I stopped by the Cruiser Outfitters shop today and they are doing good. Most of the key inventory is warehoused in a different place and was not effected by the fire. Kurt was able to ship out a normal volume today! He mentioned that he has had to turn away only a handful of orders because of the fire, but for the most part it is business as usual.

The best way to help him out is to give him your order and he will do his best to fulfill it. Most orders will leave without delay, and if they can't he can help you find the parts. He even took the fire notice off his website. His time has been focused on the fire cleanup and keeping his business and orders running smooth, and not as much as web surfing time.

www.cruiseroutfitters.com

RockRunner
02-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Great to hear they are back up and running.

rover67
02-16-2011, 08:08 AM
Great news, glad to hear that he's getting back on his feet. I've got a few orders I am planning on sending his way :)

bh4rnnr
02-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Great news, hope things get back to normal as soon as possible!