PDA

View Full Version : i need a ride from DIA to Proffitts

alaskanherbs
06-01-2006, 01:45 AM
greetings all,

i am in need of a ride from the denver international airport to proffitts cruisers the morning of june 23. im flying in from kodiak alaska to pick up my newly converted cummins 4bta cruiser and drive it back up to alaska.

hopefully somebody is headed down that way and wouldnt mind a little company. i can pay for the gas, a big gulp and a slim jim, plus youll get to see my sweet ass cruiser. hah.

thanks,
~herb

nuclearlemon
06-01-2006, 08:09 AM
long drive though...about 4 hours. you're better off flying into grand junction

Beater
06-01-2006, 08:45 AM
or colorado springs

Uncle Ben
06-01-2006, 08:56 AM
or colorado springs

Hmmmmm.....I believe Delta would be quicker to reach Via I-70 vrs Hwy 50.

Maybe someone at Profitts would be willing to meet half way that way it's only 4 hour round trip vrs 8 hours RT? Might be easier to get someone to go for the adventure then! Just a thought!

Hulk
06-01-2006, 09:31 AM
or colorado springs

Why not Pueblo, or Wichita, KS, if we're going to suggest airports that are further and more inconvenient to getting to Delta, CO?
:confused:

wesintl
06-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Come on guys enough bantering. I'm sure he was just checking to see if someone might happen to be going that way the same day. I doubt there are many flights that go from alaska to colorado springs or wichita. DIA is the major hub.

If you can't find any thing you could try http://www.ridecme.com/
IIRC flights from dia to grand junction aren't that much though...

Shark Bait
06-01-2006, 10:10 AM
He was on MUD and I pointed him here. You're right, Wes. Hop a flight to Grand Junction would probably be easiest. Proffitt's would most likely pick him up there. ;)

sno bored
06-01-2006, 10:50 AM
On MUD he said that he was going to pick up a canoe in the Denver area, it makes things like flying from DIA to Junction a little tricky.

Shark Bait
06-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Ooh. I missed that! :lmao:

alaskanherbs
06-01-2006, 12:51 PM
hey guys,
yes ive posted on mud too and was told to give this board a try. and yes i have a conoe im picking up in denver. when i bought my tickets to denver, i thought i had a ride, but now i dont.
just checking all my options.
thanks,
~herb

Hulk
06-01-2006, 01:41 PM
Come on guys enough bantering.
But bantering is so much fun...:hill:

IanB
06-01-2006, 02:51 PM
But bantering is so much fun...:hill:

Banter. Banter. Banter. Banter...

You're right, it is fun! :thumb: :lmao: :flamingo: :beer: :hill:

DesertRat
06-01-2006, 08:20 PM
i actually might be going thru Denver on way to western slope on June 23. I am only going as far as Glenwood Springs however. There is an outside chance i may go as far as Grand Junction but have not finalized plans yet.
I will know more in a week or so.
Mark

alaskanherbs
06-02-2006, 02:15 AM
hey mark,
glenwood springs would work. theres a guy at proffitts who said his wife would be able to pick me up at carbondale which is only a few miles away.
let me know what you find out.
my email is alaskanherbs@yahoo.com
thanks,
~herb