PDA

View Full Version : Yo Robbie

Uncle Ben
06-01-2006, 09:01 AM
'Bout dang time you give the club an update don't ya think? Heck most folks probably already forgot you! :lmao: :lmao: :hill: So after wheeling with the Southern boys have you found a Camry body you can put on the FJC chassis yet? :flamingo: :hill:

Hulk
06-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Also like to hear what you think of the various accessories on your FJ Cruiser. Are the rock rails decent? What about the roof rack? Do you prefer the 16" or 17" wheels? How would you configure an FJ Cruiser if you were ordering one from a Toyota dealer? Don't mean to get you in trouble -- you can always post this in the members only section!

treerootCO
06-01-2006, 10:26 AM
check out the shorty roof rack mod all-pro did

looks 1000 times better.

powderpig
06-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Update on the experence. Well Tellico was a blast a couple of weeks ago, then it was Dresser Wi, now back to Tellico. Tellico a couple of weeks ago was a mix of rain and sun, the event was a bit on the casual side of things, with the 'wheeling starting about 10am-12pm. The trails are on the mix of wet soil and rock. The rock has good grip and the soil is slippery. Lots of good size trucks with big tires. Generous throttle use is a prefered method here, displayed often till you are either over the object or you brake. It seems to be a common theme in other areas of the country as well. Dresser was good for seeing big truck on even bigger wheels, with the common theme of high horse power and wanting to brake the truck instead of using finese. Saturday afternoon I saw close to 40 trucks either coming in on a strap and or the wrecker they have at the event. Most people were up for seeing the FJ, not many wanted to drive it unless they could tear it up. That is another common theme at some of the non TLCA events, that we are around to tear the truck up. Know how hard it is to be called P*ssy and have to keep smiling. It takes alot of self control and redirecting the conversation to something else to make it all work.
All for good self growth.

As for the FJ, and getting it convifured the way I want it. It first would take a dealer willing to mess with his allocation to allow you to special order your cruiser. Most are prepackage from the import center, with certain packages.
As much as I like the truck and have fun driveing it, I personally would want a Taco with 4 doors and a short bed, out all that is new. It would also be nice to have a 4cylinder turbo diesel, and a-trac, in either rig.
the rock rails are holding there own very well, it does need a custom skid plate under the engine and tranny. Some stuff that hangs a little low. A-trac works well, and it is mostly what we use still. I have not used the e-locker for 'wheeling. Stuff is holding up well and life is good. I can try to answer more specfic question if posed. It would be good to see a more pratical rear bumper for protection and such.
later robbie

Romer
06-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Know how hard it is to be called P*ssy and have to keep smiling.

Ige, I thought I told you to stop calling people that:D

powderpig
06-01-2006, 02:56 PM
The 17 inch rims is the way I would go, both the TRD wheels and the Stock toyota ones are 7inches wide(wish they were 8"). I beleive that there are more options in tires to fit the 17 inch rims these days. So my choose is the 17 aluminum from toyota. The TRD rims are not sold currently (not being sold) and some new ones will take there place. The TRD wheel and rim package are real spendy option(close to 1900 dollars). Any how the roof rack is strong and can take a strap if needed with out damage if done right. Not to right a vechicle mind you, but as a stablizer strap it will work fine. The only thing currently that we have on the racks are the High lift jacks. It needs a basket or something to real pratical for me. But there are snow board, ski and bike racks that will work with this rack.
The XM radio is working real well and I like it lots. I also like the aux plug in on the radio, makes it real easy to hook a I pod or similar device into the radio. Once you learn where the tires are, it is real easy to wheel the truck by looking ahead.

Update from tellico, we have snakes. Talked to the owner of Crawfords campground today. We have Copper head snakes around the stream behind the camp ground. We also had a real beautiful King snake hanging around the covered area today for several hours. He was real peacful and fun to hand with. Hope all is well with you guys. later robbie

IanB
06-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I have some friends thinking of buying one. :thumb:

... and I was just looking at the new Taco, 4.0L 236HP, I want one bad. :bowdown:

nuclearlemon
06-01-2006, 08:21 PM
wish i was in tellico with ya...it's beautiful down there.

miss ya, you *****;)

Rzeppa
06-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the update Robbie, we miss ya! Any chance you guys can make Spring Creek for Father's Day? (this is one trail leader who isn't in to breaking things on purpose!)

powderpig
06-02-2006, 04:42 AM
I can look at the schedule for fathers day, but think I am either in Idaho, or the rubicon. But the team should be on the Ghost town run that weekend with you guys. Unless we get switched to do something else.
Miss all you guys as well, the world holds many different styles of recreating and I like our style more and more. The people are wonderful for the most part, only a few ruin it for the majority. Looking forward to hanging with you guys at some point. later robbie

gcmandrake
06-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Hi Robbie,

I second what Jeff said. It'll be good to see you at the Ghost Town run (fingers crossed).

the other Matt