PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman Tool Box

RicardoJM
02-24-2011, 09:30 AM
This is a basic, entry level Craftsman rolling cabinet and tool box purchased in the early 90's. The cabinet has a large storage area and two drawers. The top box is 4 drawers with storage under the lid. The drawers are not ball bearing, but do open smoothly. I just picked up a new toolbox, so this one has to go. Asking $50, obo.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/ricardojm/misc/w_box1.jpg

rover67
02-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Ricardo, i'll take it.

RockRunner
02-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Missed it by that much.............I knew I should have gone online sooner. Nice snag Marco!

Air Randy
02-24-2011, 11:27 AM
This is a basic, entry level Craftsman rolling cabinet and tool box purchased in the early 90's. The cabinet has a large storage area and two drawers. The top box is 4 drawers with storage under the lid. The drawers are not ball bearing, but do open smoothly. I just picked up a new toolbox, so this one has to go. Asking $50, obo.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/ricardojm/misc/w_box1.jpg

Heh heh, you sprang for the new one from HF eh?:thumb: You will not be disappointed. Its one of the best quality setups I've seen for the price.

Jacket
02-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Dang.

RicardoJM
02-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Ricardo, i'll take it.

You've got it:thumb:

RicardoJM
02-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Heh heh, you sprang for the new one from HF eh?:thumb: You will not be disappointed. Its one of the best quality setups I've seen for the price.

There is no doubt the HF box (http://www.harborfreight.com/hand-tools/rolling-cabinets/26-8-drawer-roller-cabinet-with-8-drawer-top-chest-67831.html) is an excellent setup. I have been very impressed with the one in your shop. It is what I had my eye on and just waiting for it to come back around at $349. Last week, the Craftsman Club e-mailer had a great deal on a ball bearing three box set up - basically the same specs, so I pulled the trigger on it. :D

Jacket
02-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Harbor freight has been liberally sending out 20% off coupons, so that drawer set could be had for around $300 right now.

RicardoJM
02-24-2011, 12:51 PM
Harbor freight has been liberally sending out 20% off coupons, so that drawer set could be had for around $300 right now.

I wish that were the case:D, it would have been a done deal for me by now. The fine print in the coupons excludes the tool cabinets/rolling carts. It is a policy change that started appearing last November.

hyperboarder
02-24-2011, 02:03 PM
I wish that were the case:D, it would have been a done deal for me by now. The fine print in the coupons excludes the tool cabinets/rolling carts. It is a policy change that started appearing last November.

I've noticed that on new coupons too, super annoying. Still a solid set for the price, but not a smoking deal unless you find a manager that's not paying a lot of attention. I've got a couple of the skinnier Craftsman stacks (4 boxes total, all ball bearing) that I'm getting along just fine with, but I'd be stoked to upgrade to the big HF setup.

rover67
02-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Bump:

Anybody on the north side heading to the meeting Wed Night? I know it is a big item but I would like to try and work a hand-off since I will not be able to make it to the meeting.

Jacket
02-28-2011, 03:36 PM
I should be able to bring it north. About how tall is it?

RicardoJM
02-28-2011, 06:23 PM
I should be able to bring it north. About how tall is it?

Just under 45" for height. About 15" deep and 27" wide.

rover67
02-28-2011, 06:55 PM
does the top come off of the bottom? that might make it a bit smaller.

If you could bring it up Matt, i'd appreciate it a lot.

Isaac offered but doesn't have the space to hold it for any time.

Uncle Ben
02-28-2011, 09:28 PM

If you could bring it up Matt, i'd appreciate it a lot.

Isaac offered but doesn't have the space to hold it for any time.

I can get it to you if it makes the trip up here!

RicardoJM
03-01-2011, 06:44 AM

They should come apart. I felt a bolt at the back and had a slight panic attack as it appeared my arm was stuck in the cabinet:eek:. Just before using a rusty ax to chop my arm off at the shoulder - it came loose.

The challenge for me is to figure out how to remove the drawer:o. I'm sure it is easy and I'll have time this evening to further check it out.

AxleIke
03-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Ah, it appears that Matt might be able to take this as well. I can get the box too, just let me know.

Ricardo, if the drawers are the kind with no bearings, and just slide on tracks, there is a little tab inside the drawer that you have to bend in. The tab keeps the drawer from falling out.

RicardoJM
03-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Ricardo, if the drawers are the kind with no bearings, and just slide on tracks, there is a little tab inside the drawer that you have to bend in. The tab keeps the drawer from falling out.

Thanks, that gem of insight likely just saved me 20 minutes. :thumb:

FJBRADY
03-01-2011, 07:34 AM
They should come apart. I felt a bolt at the back and had a slight panic attack as it appeared my arm was stuck in the cabinet:eek:. Just before using a rusty ax to chop my arm off at the shoulder - it came loose.

The challenge for me is to figure out how to remove the drawer:o. I'm sure it is easy and I'll have time this evening to further check it out.

Ricardo, if it is any easier I can swing by on Wednesday on pick up the cabinet and bring it up in the back of the truck. I say leave the drawers in it and they will travel on their backs with the drawers facing up.

RicardoJM
03-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Ricardo, if it is any easier I can swing by on Wednesday on pick up the cabinet and bring it up in the back of the truck. I say leave the drawers in it and they will travel on their backs with the drawers facing up.

I appreciate the offer, but I believe that I can fit it in my truck as one piece. Maybe not in the FJ40, but certainly in the UZJ100:D. The size becomes an issue for the leg of the journey from the meeting north.

rover67
03-01-2011, 05:09 PM
OK, Bruce is going to grab it. Thanks everybody for the offers to help, I really appreciate it.

Ricardo, I pay-palled you some cashola.

Jacket
03-01-2011, 05:10 PM
We'll make it work. I just have a big tire in the back to maneuver around.

Edit: Ok, or Bruce....either way.

RicardoJM
03-01-2011, 06:34 PM
OK, Bruce is going to grab it. Thanks everybody for the offers to help, I really appreciate it.

Ricardo, I pay-palled you some cashola.

Got it.

The drawer removes just like Issac said and it is now two pieces and will be much more manageable.

satchel
03-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I can also grab it and bring it up if need be. Just let me know.