PDA

View Full Version : Ain't she a beaut?

El Jefe
06-02-2006, 12:10 AM
We finally got our Raffle truck! Thanks to our own Kevin Ehrlick, we'll be building up his (former) 1989 FJ62. But now the fun starts. Ige has already planned a work weekend this weekend. We've begun sourcing parts, Kevin is building the engine up. The plan is to update the forum here as needed, along with updates at the meetings. We'll be asking for volunteers at the meetings, and will have scheduled work days, along with informal ones.

I would like to have every member of the club work at least one day on the Raffle truck. There's plenty of work to do, and we basically have till the end of the year, so hopefully, that will happen. Not a requirement or anything. But, this is an excellent way to give a bit back to the club and COA4WDCI. </soapbox>

One last thing for now. Please let the committee publish updates to MUD, and another other interested sites. Two reasons: the 2006 Raffle won't be completed till late this year, and we would like to meter the info to the other sites. The State association doesn't need our rig to overshadow the 2006 vehicle (though it will!), nor do we need info to leak out before we're ready to publish it. We're not control freaks...just want to publish info when we are ready...

Thanks!
Chris

El Jefe
06-02-2006, 12:17 AM
The not as pretty side...

Chris

Shark Bait
06-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Uh, this isn't the one Kipper bought, eh? :confused: :eek:

El Jefe
06-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Nope...this is the proverbial "little old lady from San Antonio" Cruiser that Kevin bought a while back...

Chris

treerootCO
06-02-2006, 02:05 AM
Let me know if there is anything we can steal off my 83 FJ60 parts rig. Make a list and I'll pull it and bring it over.

Uncle Ben
06-02-2006, 07:46 AM
Let me know if there is anything we can steal off my 83 FJ60 parts rig. Make a list and I'll pull it and bring it over.

I also am going to keep my '85 FJ60 parts truck for a while in case parts are needed. Hey.....lets haul them all over to Ige's while shes at work! ;) :lmao: :flamingo: :flamingo: :hill:

IanB
06-02-2006, 07:52 AM
Hey.....lets haul them all over to Ige's while shes at work! ;) :lmao: :flamingo: :flamingo: :hill:

I'm in, lets do it! :lmao: :flamingo: :hill: :bowdown: :beer:

Crash
06-02-2006, 09:17 AM
I'm in for helping. Have plans for the buildup been published by the Committee already and I missed them? I'd like to add my $.02 since it is a truck I know a little about.

Hulk
06-02-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm in for helping. Have plans for the buildup been published by the Committee already and I missed them? I'd like to add my $.02 since it is a truck I know a little about.
Steve, we have an outline of what we'd like to do. We've been keeping it under our hat until we had actually purchased the truck. When you come to work on the truck, we'd welcome your review of the plan and any additions/changes that you suggest.

Crash
06-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Steve, we have an outline of what we'd like to do. We've been keeping it under our hat until we had actually purchased the truck. When you come to work on the truck, we'd welcome your review of the plan and any additions/changes that you suggest.

Matt, is there any chance you could email me the outline so I could check it out in advance? I'll be at the meeting Wednesday night so I can probably find out more then. I'll be bringing a surprise guest or two along. :cool: :beer:

Hulk
06-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Matt, is there any chance you could email me the outline so I could check it out in advance?
PM sent.

wesintl
06-02-2006, 04:55 PM
wow.. look how straight the front bumper is... We should ebay it for work $ capital :hill:

nuclearlemon
06-02-2006, 08:57 PM
do you have a good washer bottle and, here's a doubtful one, left front fender splash guard (rubber flap)