PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Land Cruisers Buena Vista Weekend

CO Hunter
02-28-2011, 06:38 PM
I hope you guys don't mind us posting this up here, especially since it looks like you guys have an event going on the weekend of July 22-24 as well. Here is a link.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/co-colorado-land-cruisers/460592-official-buena-vista-weekend-planning-thread-july-23-24-a.html#post6378642

We are still early in the planning and aren't nearly as organized as you guys but if anyone want's to come out you are more than welcome. As an incentive for HAM guys we have a member that is moving to the Azores if you want to try and QSO. Hopefully, we can try to coordinate that.

Post up here, our forum or shoot me a pm with any questions/comments. Thanks -- Leon
:cheers:

MDH33
02-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Thanks for posting up here! Sounds like a fun run. I'm sure some folks will try for a QSO even if we can't attend in person. :thumb:

CO Hunter
03-01-2011, 06:35 PM
We are planning recon trip on 3/12 if anyone is interested.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/co-colorado-land-cruisers/462800-buena-vista-recon-trip-3-12-a.html#post6404378

Air Randy
03-01-2011, 09:37 PM
We might be up for that. Where and when are you planning to meet and what trails do you expect to run?

CO Hunter
03-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Randy, I'm assuming your question is for the recon trip. Our normal "west" meet location is the Western gas station just east of Woodland Park on Hwy 24. You could also meet us at 285/24 at a later time if that is better for you. Right now the idea is to scout out two potential camping locations. The first are the sets of FS campgrounds along Chalk Creek Drive/162 going towards St. Elmo the second is Brown's Creek area south just south of Nathrop off Road 270 and 272. We then hope to find an area to explore and do some snow wheeling. I'm not familiar with the area but some other guys that are going know the area. On our forum I asked them to post up possible trails to try out.

I'll keep checking here for interest and any more questions but it would be good if you could post if you are going by following the link to our forum.

We have two threads going, one for the trip in July and one for the recon trip on 3/12.

Hope to see you out there!

CO Hunter
06-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Follow the link in the first post for updated information. Hope to see some of you out there, especially any HF guys.