PDA

View Full Version : Moab 2011 Pre Run 3/17 what time you leaving?

FJBRADY
03-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Moab Prerun is just around the corner.

I plan on leaving Denver Thursday 3/17 and hitting the road between 9-10am putting me in Moab around 4-5pm.

In that it is St. Patty's day and I got a bit of Irish in me I thought a stop at the Moab Brewery for dinner and a couple of pops are in order.

Post up what time you are heading out. :thumb:

Inukshuk
03-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Flexible.

rhyary
03-01-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm jealous :-(

RockRunner
03-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Hope to leave earlier since I have to hit Montrose to pick up my other tires. I would like to leave around 6 so I can join you at the Moab Brewery, I'm not Irish but I play one on T.V. and Sharon is 25% Irish:D Hence her temper when I make her made:eek: Just Kidding she doesn't have a temper...............she made me write that:rolleyes:

FJBRADY
03-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Hope to leave earlier since I have to hit Montrose to pick up my other tires. I would like to leave around 6 so I can join you at the Moab Brewery, I'm not Irish but I play one on T.V. and Sharon is 25% Irish:D Hence her temper when I make her made:eek: Just Kidding she doesn't have a temper...............she made me write that:rolleyes:

Geeze Tom your not Irish? You could have fooled me.........:drink::beer2::shots::happyhour:

We will save you a seat and the Commander will buy you a drink!.....it does not get any better than that.

Caribou Sandstorm
03-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I am leaving Wednesday afternoon. I will be on the Kokopelli Wed. Thurs and hoping to roll into BFE Friday evening before dark.

I think Perry, Daniel and Paul Larger are in on this with me??

I have to get my Ham, lift, tires and the tranny skid installed before. what I have 16 days...piece of cake, right?

Inukshuk
03-01-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm jealous :-(

I left NYC 19.5 years ago for here. It can be done. BTW, for Cruise Moab we need bagels and Brooklyn Lager (no Genny Cream ale)

Air Randy
03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Geeze Tom your not Irish? You could have fooled me.........:drink::beer2::shots::happyhour:

We will save you a seat and the Commander will buy you a drink!.....it does not get any better than that.

And here I thought that accent was an Irish brogue :D

Inukshuk
03-01-2011, 10:46 PM
I am leaving Wednesday afternoon. I will be on the Kokopelli Wed. Thurs and hoping to roll into BFE Friday evening before dark.

I have to get my Ham, lift, tires and the tranny skid installed before. what I have 16 days...piece of cake, right?

maybe. E-mail details.

RockRunner
03-01-2011, 11:15 PM

I do it all for Sharon :rolleyes: and my health of course :D

Dr. Schlegs
03-01-2011, 11:42 PM

My keys remember you being a bit of an Irishman. :campfire: I'm looking to leave early morning of the 17th as well. Hoping to caravan out with people.

bh4rnnr
03-02-2011, 08:08 AM

Chris, dont think i'll be able to swin leaving wed. At most i'm planning on leaving mid day thursday, arriving in Moab that evening.

On a side note, anyone have expreiance with the 2500 radios? I need to get the colorado conection put in before the trip.

:beer:

Corbet
03-02-2011, 08:50 AM
I'll leave sometime Thursday afternoon in order to get to BFE before dark.

RockRunner
03-02-2011, 09:50 AM
On a side note, anyone have expreiance with the 2500 radios? I need to get the colorado conection put in before the trip.

Check with DaveinDenver, he may have them programed for your system on his computer.

FJCDan
03-04-2011, 02:21 PM
I left NYC 19.5 years ago for here. It can be done. BTW, for Cruise Moab we need bagels and Brooklyn Lager (no Genny Cream ale)
Ya I miss Genny Cream and 12 Horse Ales also. Hope this helps :beer:

JadeRunner
03-04-2011, 03:16 PM
I really want to go. Plus, I convinced the wife that it important that I go because of the trail leader training and such. So I re-arranged some things and I'm in. Will be leaving around noon Thursday. Will try to have dinner with Brady at the brewery.

Dr. Schlegs
03-04-2011, 03:52 PM
I'll bring some meat. ;)

FJBRADY
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
I really want to go. Plus, I convinced the wife that it important that I go because of the trail leader training and such. So I re-arranged some things and I'm in. Will be leaving around noon Thursday. Will try to have dinner with Brady at the brewery.

Attaboy Scott!

I'll bring some meat. ;)

:bolt:

Inukshuk
03-04-2011, 07:20 PM

Attaboy x2!

FJBRADY
03-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Looks like Randy, myself and Shlegs will be heading out at 10am on Thursday, this way we get to the Moab Brewery around 4:30 - 5pm.

We will meet at 10 am at the Lucent building at Lucent Blvd and C470. If anyone else wants to join this convoy please speak up.

All I ask is that you are already fueled and have already eaten a hearty breakfast, cause when I am road tripin I don't like to stop unless to refuel.........I believe Randy would agree!

No Ham in the Tundra, Seven too O 272-four 9 0 nine is my cell.

Inukshuk
03-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Ya I miss Genny Cream and 12 Horse Ales also. Hope this helps :beer:

yeah!

LARGEONE
03-06-2011, 06:05 PM
My vacation time was approved, so I'm gonna try to hit the Kokopeli with Chris Sandstorm Davis. I'll probably get to Grand J Wed evening and start the trail Thurs AM? Is that what others are doing that are doing the K trail first?

Dr. Schlegs
03-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I'll bring brats and fixings for one meal and I will bring stuff for breakfast burritos. Need help getting eggs and ground meat cooked.

Inukshuk
03-06-2011, 06:31 PM
I'll bring brats and fixings for one meal and I will bring stuff for breakfast burritos. Need help getting eggs and ground meat cooked.

Sweet. Pre-make them? I'll bring stove and pans and can help.

Mornings will be cold. I'm thinking coffee and a snack and then throw something on the engine cooker and eat an hour later.

Dr. Schlegs
03-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Thank you, Daniel. Everyone puts a lot of effort into this event it is just a show of my appreciation for the work we do.

Air Randy
03-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Sweet. Pre-make them? I'll bring stove and pans and can help.

Mornings will be cold. I'm thinking coffee and a snack and then throw something on the engine cooker and eat an hour later.

You're welcome to use my microwave, I'll have the coffee maker going and nuking some egg-mcmuffins first thing.:D

RockRunner
03-06-2011, 07:52 PM
You're welcome to use my microwave, I'll have the coffee maker going and nuking some egg-mcmuffins first thing.:D

Plus his morning visit to the pool :rolleyes:

FJBRADY
03-06-2011, 08:16 PM
I am bringing :drink:

RockRunner
03-06-2011, 09:15 PM
I am bringing :drink:

For the whole class:p:

I'll have the ole nuker too if we need to heat and or cook something. :thumb:

Caribou Sandstorm
03-06-2011, 10:12 PM
I am bringing my new 4 runner! Lifted!

RockRunner
03-06-2011, 11:26 PM
I am bringing my new 4 runner! Lifted!

You make quick work of things, can't wait to see it live;)

Haku
03-07-2011, 12:09 PM
How long are you guys going to be there for? I'm planning on being there from the 19th through the 2nd with another group (two seperate trips actually, one with Rock Frogs and the other with Front Range 4x4) and we are staying at BFE too. There is a single night gap on the 24th where I'll be chilling alone, so it would be cool if there was another group with people I know there too.

Josh

FJBRADY
03-07-2011, 01:46 PM
How long are you guys going to be there for? I'm planning on being there from the 19th through the 2nd with another group (two seperate trips actually, one with Rock Frogs and the other with Front Range 4x4) and we are staying at BFE too. There is a single night gap on the 24th where I'll be chilling alone, so it would be cool if there was another group with people I know there too.

Josh

Ahhh not that long. In on the 17th and out Sunday the 20th. Looks like a couple of your days overlap.

Have fun!

Caribou Sandstorm
03-07-2011, 08:09 PM
You make quick work of things, can't wait to see it live;)

I am trying....It is a mad dash around here...car parts flying all over the place...My wife is asking what the hurry is and why am I using the Excel bill money for car parts...:o

farnhamstj
03-07-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm trying to decide between getting to BFE before dark or going to the Brewery. All those in favor of the brewery, say EYE. EYE. Ok looks like the Brewery. I'll listen on the 2m, maybe catch the caravan as you hit Dowd Junction. Do not get gas in Vail. It's silly expensive here.

Corbet
03-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Farnham are you bringing the kids? Bridger really likes pizza. I was thinking we should have a kids night at Zak's Pizza. Or maybe just everyone at Zak's one night. No need to exclude just because you don't bring kids.

I probably will skip the brewery Thursday night as I would have to drive past BFE on my approach. I should have a nice camp fire going by the time all you arrive. Do you want something nice to sit around or something visual from space:D

farnhamstj
03-08-2011, 08:25 PM
I've decided not to bring the kids. I've got a hall pass for the weekend. I'm up for whatever.

bh4rnnr
03-08-2011, 08:36 PM
I've decided not to bring the kids. I've got a hall pass for the weekend. I'm up for whatever.

Brewery.

Inukshuk
03-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Brewery.

x2. But it could get ugly being St. Patty's day....

RockRunner
03-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Wednesday afternoon I hope. Head up to Montrose and go from there depending on how tired I will be.

Red_Chili
03-09-2011, 02:45 PM
I am bailing on the pre-run... just too much to do, and it's an expense I just don't need.
:(

Gmann
03-09-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm trying to decide between getting to BFE before dark or going to the Brewery. All those in favor of the brewery, say EYE. EYE. Ok looks like the Brewery. I'll listen on the 2m, maybe catch the caravan as you hit Dowd Junction. Do not get gas in Vail. It's silly expensive here.

Dude you got a hallpass. You better not show up at Bfe during daylight hours or even the same day you leave Vail. I'm sad I'm missing the PreRun this year. I will make some turns for you at Jackson Hole though. Don't feel to bad for me :)

Caribou Sandstorm
03-09-2011, 09:02 PM

I am bringing Ben. He will not be denied the first trip with the new rig.

Throwing the RTT on this weekend.

FJBRADY
03-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I should have a nice camp fire going by the time all you arrive.

Right on!

We should all plan on picking up a bundle for the :campfire:

Dr. Schlegs
03-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Does anyone have access to some wooden pallets.

CardinalFJ60
03-10-2011, 03:50 PM
I might have a couple old pallets. I'll check tonight.

FJBRADY
03-10-2011, 04:05 PM
I might have a couple old pallets. I'll check tonight.

Are you heading out to Moab or can Schlegs swing by and pick those up from you, strap them to his roof and haul them out to Moab aka Sanford and Sons?

CardinalFJ60
03-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Not going for the pre-run, but if I do have those pallets I completely expect them to strapped to a roof. :thumb: I'll post up tonight on what I've got.

corsair23
03-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Does anyone have access to some wooden pallets.

Assuming for firewood?

I have a bunch of scrap from the old swingset I cut up in the backyard that I use for just such a thing...You guys are welcome to get as much as you want :thumb:

It does have stain on it and an occassional bolt but so far I haven't noticed any ill ill ill ill affects from using it... :hill:

Corbet
03-10-2011, 05:30 PM
If we burn pallets we need to be sure to clean up the old nails when we leave.

The Coors distributor in Durango offers free pallets. They stack them outside. I can take as many as I want. But I was planning to bring a small supply of proper firewood instead. But not enough for the weekend. If everyone brought a bundle we would probably be good. Or have a truck load delivered again like last year?

Dr. Schlegs
03-10-2011, 05:49 PM
It does have stain on it and an occassional bolt but so far I haven't noticed any ill ill ill ill affects from using it... :hill:

Jeff PM me with details and I will pick it up sometime.

Caribou Sandstorm
03-10-2011, 08:16 PM
We are not burning stained wood...we will all be high...geeze..

Let's just all pick up a couple of bundles and call it good.

The other issue with pallats is... folks left behind their unused pallats at CM and Olaf was not thrilled... Any unused bundles, are easy to bring home.

Dr. Schlegs
03-10-2011, 08:28 PM
ChrisSandstormcantdecidewhattrucktobuyandwhenIdomywifedoesnotlikeitandItakeitbacktwice4RUnner? is right.

Corbet
03-10-2011, 08:50 PM
ChrisSandstormcantdecidewhattrucktobuyandwhenIdomywifedoesnotlikeitandItakeitbacktwice4RUnner? is right.

Which is funny because lately he is only right on the 3rd time?

Inukshuk
03-10-2011, 10:51 PM

I will bring a 30 gallon trash bag full of scrap 2x4's cut to length.

Not going for the pre-run, but if I do have those pallets I completely expect them to strapped to a roof. :thumb: I'll post up tonight on what I've got.

I can load the roof (how?, those who know Daniel's truck wonder....)

Also, turns out a good friend of mine will also be in Moab that weekend, going home Monday so it looks like I will stay Sunday night.

CardinalFJ60
03-11-2011, 11:03 AM
one small pallet is up for grabs...

JadeRunner
03-11-2011, 12:45 PM
I'll bring some normal firewood (pine) from the house. I have plenty.

FJBRADY
03-14-2011, 08:22 AM
Looks like Randy, myself and Shlegs will be heading out at 10am on Thursday, this way we get to the Moab Brewery around 4:30 - 5pm.

We will meet at 10 am at the Lucent building at Lucent Blvd and C470. If anyone else wants to join this convoy please speak up.

All I ask is that you are already fueled and have already eaten a hearty breakfast, cause when I am road tripin I don't like to stop unless to refuel.........I believe Randy would agree!

No Ham in the Tundra, Seven too O 272-four 9 0 nine is my cell.

Updated plan: Same plan! Schlegs you still in, Brocephous? Meet at the Lucent/Avaya/Alcatel bldg off Lucent and C-470 at 10 am sharp!.

Anyone else planning on road trippin with us? Pit stop in JG to drop off some springs then it's :beer: time at the Brewery.

farnhamstj
03-14-2011, 08:32 AM
I was in Moab for the weekend. Weather was fantastic. 70 and sunny all weekend. Porcupine rim had a tiny bit of snow but was passable in a truck for sure. I have been informed that I WILL be bringing my son next weekend. Fingers crossed the weather is nice.

Old40Dog
03-14-2011, 10:03 AM

I've got a trash can full of firewood I'll bring too.

Corbet
03-14-2011, 11:47 AM
I have been informed that I WILL be bringing my son next weekend.

Bridger is happy about that. He'll wants a buddy to play with other than he dog.

Dr. Schlegs
03-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Schlegs you still in, Brocephous?

Hells yea, I'll put on my track suit and i will see you there.

coax
03-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Have a good trip all. :wav: if you see me heading west on 70 on Sunday as you all are heading back.

ajax
03-15-2011, 07:14 PM
was just there this weekend great weather out there right now dont forget flipflops and some shorts!

farnhamstj
03-15-2011, 07:26 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USUT0165

:{)

RockRunner
03-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Wednesday by noon.......................I hope.

farnhamstj
03-16-2011, 09:34 PM
Looks like I'll have both kids with me. Somehow my weekend has gone from escape with the guys to parental figure. It's gonna be a little bit of a late start for me. I'm just gonna head straight to BFE. I expect to be there 8:30ish.

bh4rnnr
03-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Looks like I'll have both kids with me. Somehow my weekend has gone from escape with the guys to parental figure. It's gonna be a little bit of a late start for me. I'm just gonna head straight to BFE. I expect to be there 8:30ish.

I'm sure Tom:campfire: will make up for your actual responsibilitys. If not, i'm always available.

Corbet
03-16-2011, 09:54 PM
see you there Farnham, sent you a PM

FJBRADY
03-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Loaded and ready to go....Schlegs and I are moving out at 9am.

If you were planning to travel with us at 10 just head out I-70 west for 5-5:30 hours take a left at the Moab exit and we will see you at the Brewery on the south side of town.

Save us a seat Tom we are on our way!

Happy St. Patty's day everybody.:beer:

Corbet
03-17-2011, 01:23 PM
running a little late today. Had to do a little brake PM. I no longer have metal to metal contact.... Leaving the house very soon.