PDA

View Full Version : Parting out an 87 4runner Turbo and 97 4 runner

bumpitorcrawlit
03-07-2011, 09:34 AM
87 4 RUNNER TURBO

Turbo is still good! $200.00
Auto trans and xfer case $200.00
Both doors are good inside and out (red)
Rear axle $150
cylinder head and intake and exhaust manifolds (make offer)

97 4RUNNER LIMITED

AUto trans and xfer case $300
Front differential it's an A D D Diff already pulled in excellent condition $200
Front axle shafts and CV's excellent conditions $80
Rear seats (blue cloth) $50
Dash is excellent
front seats are gone
2 passenger doors are good $25 each
Running boards $50

I am in Western Colorado. I can bring parts to Cruise Moab. Of course you pay shipping on anything you want shipped. If I have to build a crate for some of the larger items I will charge a bit for that.

Doug 970-729-3316

DaveInDenver
03-07-2011, 10:29 AM
When you say turbo is $200, is that just the turbo or the plumbing, too?

rover67
03-07-2011, 10:46 AM
How much of the turbo parts do you have? Enough to convert something else to turbo?

Rock Dog
03-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Do the doors have vent windows ?
how much? i am just looking for a set to make into some half doors.

Does the rear axle come with the third member and brakes (just swap and go?) What about the e-brake cable? they are longer on the 87 than an 85 to account for the additional axle width.

bumpitorcrawlit
03-07-2011, 11:21 PM
When you say turbo is $200, is that just the turbo or the plumbing, too?

The 200 includes the turbo and the oil lines. If you wanted all the plumbing I would charge $250.

bumpitorcrawlit
03-07-2011, 11:24 PM
How much of the turbo parts do you have? Enough to convert something else to turbo?

This Turbo came from a 22r based block. The Turbo versions had provisions for getting oil to the turbo. So if you can work that out then yea...............you could swap it into anything. THe block is available as well.............I just don't know the status..........bought it in a state of disrepair.

bumpitorcrawlit
03-07-2011, 11:27 PM

Does the rear axle come with the third member and brakes (just swap and go?) What about the e-brake cable? they are longer on the 87 than an 85 to account for the additional axle width.

The rear axle is complete and will be sold complete. 3rd member, brake cables etc. I might have to adjust that price since I have learned that the turbo rear ends are stronger.

I have doors with or without vent windows. I have a couple that would make great 1/2 doors. Let me know.

Red_Chili
03-09-2011, 08:54 AM

Copycat!!!

J/K, of course I absolutely copied ScaldedDog... Lemme know if I can help/supervise/drink your beer/scoff and laugh at your expense. I could even bring a peanut gallery for additional abuse if you like.

nakman
03-09-2011, 10:32 AM
..What about the e-brake cable? they are longer on the 87 than an 85 to account for the additional axle width.

nerd. :D

Red_Chili
03-09-2011, 12:45 PM
nerd. :D
Pot... Kettle...

AddictedOffroad
03-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Pics of the doors? Hoping they match my 86' 4runner.

Also need one CV axle from the 97' and all the mounting hardware for the diff if you still have it all.

bumpitorcrawlit
03-10-2011, 05:03 PM
I will need an email so I can send the pics..unless I can figure out how to post them on here. The doors from the 87 will match the 86 as far as body style goes but you probably know that. I assume you are looking for the correct color. Yes I still have the mounting hardware for the diff. I can sell it. I have to go to the shop now so give me a bit of time to get the pics etc.

AddictedOffroad
03-12-2011, 02:22 PM
I will need an email so I can send the pics..unless I can figure out how to post them on here. The doors from the 87 will match the 86 as far as body style goes but you probably know that. I assume you are looking for the correct color. Yes I still have the mounting hardware for the diff. I can sell it. I have to go to the shop now so give me a bit of time to get the pics etc.

Email them to addictedoffroad at gmail.com

If you have the diff mounting hardware I will for sure take it. I can paypal you to ship it to me since I am on the eastern side. But, I need ASAP if possible.

Thanks,
Scotty

bumpitorcrawlit
03-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Scotty, I will get them out to you tomorrow. I will ship them and then let you know the shipping and you can paypal me. Is it too late? How does $40.00 plus shipping sound? I trust I can get your address from your website? I have been busy lately, but they will go out tomorrow. Let me know. I will check this again tonight and tomorrow a.m.

Doug

BreckBJ44
03-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Do you have body panels for the 1st gen?

bumpitorcrawlit
03-15-2011, 07:57 AM
THe body on the 87 is in excellent condition except for the passenger side rear fender. WHich is probably what you want. Let me know what you are interested in.

BreckBJ44
03-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Could use a front driver side quarter, maybe a grill, both side mirrors if you have them.

I could also use the cover for the inside tailgate if you have one.

leiniesred
03-21-2011, 10:31 AM
I broke the driver's side power mirror glass on my 1989 4runner last night. I would like to replace it.

I could also use a stock power antenna.

Thank you,
Stephen
tree oh tree, eight oh tree, 4848

bumpitorcrawlit
03-28-2011, 09:26 AM
I broke the driver's side power mirror glass on my 1989 4runner last night. I would like to replace it.

I could also use a stock power antenna.

Thank you,
Stephen
tree oh tree, eight oh tree, 4848

I will check those items today. I expect that the antenna is broken. Mirror probably broken as well but I will look.

RockRunner
03-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Copycat!!!

J/K, of course I absolutely copied ScaldedDog... Lemme know if I can help/supervise/drink your beer/scoff and laugh at your expense. I could even bring a peanut gallery for additional abuse if you like.

And I copied you................what flattery ;)

RockRunner
03-28-2011, 10:47 AM
What would be needed to convert my 22RE to a turbo set up? I would guess the manifold but not sure what else. Do you have everything needed to complete this swap? LMK what else I would need to find, I may just have to do this.