PDA

View Full Version : Need an FJ40 Brake Part

Air Randy
03-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Does anyone have the actuator rod that goes between an FJ40 power brake booster and the master cylinder? This is the small adjustable rod that actually moves the master cylinder plunger when you push the brake pedal.

PhatFJ
03-15-2011, 06:09 AM
Randy, did you find one of these? I was going through some of my stuff and found one. Let me know if you still need it...

Air Randy
03-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Yes, if you have one I'll take it. When ever it's convenient, no big rush for now.

PhatFJ
03-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Hey my friend, I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. This is the adjustable rod that comes out of the Booster to the break pedal arm and you adjust it to take up any slack in the pedal? If this is the one, then I have it for you. It does not have the pin or retaining clip.. I can bring it to the next meeting if that works for you...

Air Randy
03-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Hey my friend, I want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. This is the adjustable rod that comes out of the Booster to the break pedal arm and you adjust it to take up any slack in the pedal? If this is the one, then I have it for you. It does not have the pin or retaining clip.. I can bring it to the next meeting if that works for you...

Actually it's the rod that comes out of the booster assembly on the master cylinder side, usually has a small nut on the end that you can adjust in or out.

PhatFJ
03-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Shoot, I was afraid of that. I have never taken the MC off the booster and after I re-read your post I thought I might have mistaken the part... Is this something that can be fabricated? Sorry about that..