PDA

View Full Version : Heater core repair

PhatFJ
03-10-2011, 08:01 AM
It looks like I may have a small leak in my heater core. Has anyone had there core repaired here locally? Is it just as well to replace it?

Thanks, Brian

Jacket
03-10-2011, 08:06 AM
I had mine repaired at a radiator shop in Arvada. Pretty much anyone that can do radiator repair should be able to fix a heater core.

PhatFJ
03-10-2011, 08:23 AM
I had mine repaired at a radiator shop in Arvada. Pretty much anyone that can do radiator repair should be able to fix a heater core.

Cool, what shop and how much did they charge you??

Thanks, Brian

RicardoJM
03-10-2011, 08:24 AM
I had a radiator shop inspect mine, it was good. A year later it was leaking, so I ordered this one (http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MHT0/399306.oap?keyword=heater+core&pt=02709&ppt=C0331). Seemed like a good price and it was at my local Checker/O'Riely shop in a couple of days. :D

RicardoJM
03-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Cool, what shop and how much did they charge you??

Thanks, Brian

Florida Radiator (corner of Broadway and Florida), at the time they inspected both the rear and front cores and IIRC it was about $30 or so. Really, if I knew then what I know now - I would have gone straight to the replacement. It is new and has a lifetime warranty. :thumb:

PhatFJ
03-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Florida Radiator (corner of Broadway and Florida), at the time they inspected both the rear and front cores and IIRC it was about $30 or so. Really, if I knew then what I know now - I would have gone straight to the replacement. It is new and has a lifetime warranty. :thumb:

Thanks Ricardo!!! You da man!! :thumb: