PDA

View Full Version : Raffle Dinner

MDH33
03-11-2011, 03:36 PM
I haven't been able to attend meetings in awhile, so I'm not sure what's been decided for the raffle dinner this year. Any firm location/plans? Also, when I registered, I only paid for 1 meal. My wife is now going to attend, so I wanted to know if we'll be able to purchase additional meals. Let me know, thanks!

:beer:

Dr. Schlegs
03-11-2011, 07:05 PM
I know you can get tickets at the event for extra meals. We have x number of meal tickets set aside for people in your situation.

MDH33
03-11-2011, 08:40 PM
great, thanks! :cheers:

So, is there a plan for the venue?

RockRunner
03-11-2011, 08:49 PM
I haven't been able to attend meetings in awhile, so I'm not sure what's been decided for the raffle dinner this year. Any firm location/plans? Also, when I registered, I only paid for 1 meal. My wife is now going to attend, so I wanted to know if we'll be able to purchase additional meals. Let me know, thanks!

Yes please purchase another ticket. That way we will have a better count and can still sell some of the extras to unexpected registrants. Please send an email to Carolyn White and let her know that you need another dinner, beef or chicken and pay via PayPal. Just check the website for the price.

Glad to hear your wife can make it. Also please check and see if you are running any trails that require BLM fees. :cheers:

nattybumppo
03-12-2011, 01:29 PM
I paid for 2 extras by mistake and I haven't had any luck yet deleting those extra meals, so you can have one of mine if you want. Either beef or chicken.

MDH33
03-12-2011, 06:27 PM
I paid for 2 extras by mistake and I haven't had any luck yet deleting those extra meals, so you can have one of mine if you want. Either beef or chicken.

Awesome, I'll take one. Thanks. :thumb:

Hants
03-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Hi Sasha & Martin. As RockRunner notes, it is much easier for us if you update us with revised counts.

nattybumppo
03-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Martin, I just heard that they did revise my ticket count for the dinner, so I no longer have a spare ticket for you. You will probably want to contact the person listed above and reserve another spot for your wife after all. Sorry for the confusion, Sascha

MDH33
03-13-2011, 07:02 PM
No worries, we'll get it figured out. :thumb:

Corbet
03-13-2011, 08:52 PM
The raffle dinner will be in a tent like last year at the Aarchway Inn. Its walking distance from Slick Rock Campground

RockRunner
03-13-2011, 10:17 PM
No worries, we'll get it figured out. :thumb:

I will try to mention it during the meeting this Wednesday. You will still need to pay using paypal. That may actually be the best way to take care of it. Send a message with the payment telling Carolyn that you are paying for a second dinner. Then when you pick up your packet you will have two tickets in your bag.

LMK if you need more help and I will work it from my end.

WyoCruiser
03-14-2011, 02:40 PM
... Please send an email to Carolyn White and let her know that you need another dinner, beef or chicken and pay via PayPal. Just check the website for the price.

CruiseMoab.com does not have any price info. regarding the raffle dinner. Is Carolyn White contacted by e-mailing registration@cruisemoab.com?

Could it be that, now that registration is closed, the raffle dinner price information is no longer available on the site. I ask as my spouse will now be attending CM2011 as a passenger and would like a dinner ticket(beef).

MDH33
03-14-2011, 04:01 PM
CruiseMoab.com does not have any price info. regarding the raffle dinner. Is Carolyn White contacted by e-mailing registration@cruisemoab.com?

Could it be that, now that registration is closed, the raffle dinner price information is no longer available on the site. I ask as my spouse will now be attending CM2011 as a passenger and would like a dinner ticket(beef).

Good question.

This thread would be as good a place as any to post the price of dinners. I'll paypal the funds when I get the amount. Thanks!

RockRunner
03-14-2011, 07:55 PM
I will get the information to you guys after this weekend. I will be on the pre-run with limited service. If I get an answer before then I will let you guys know.

MDH33
03-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks Tom. :thumb:

Have fun at the pre-run. :beer:

WyoCruiser
03-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks Tom. No rush. Enjoy Moab!

Rock Dog
03-16-2011, 03:20 PM
I believe the price was in the $17 or $18 dollar range, but will get confirmation tonight and post up for all... You are correct that it was on the registration sheet. In years past we had a mail in registration that had the information, even after registration closed. This is something we need to address in the new process. Thank you all for bringing it up, so we can get it addressed :thumb:

Thanks,
Neil.

Rock Dog
03-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Hello All,
I received the following confirmation:
$15 - Extra T-shirt
$17 - Extra Meal

Thanks,
Neil.

MDH33
04-20-2011, 09:04 AM
I tried to send the payment via Paypal, but it only accepts Credit Cards? What's up with that? Anyway, I don't want to use my CC in Paypal, so how else can I go about getting the extra dinner ticket added? Will any be available at registration Thursday when I arrive?

Hants
04-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi Martin,

Send a PM to HotLips, and she'll set aside the tickets you need. You can settle up when you get to Registration.

See you in Moab!

MDH33
04-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Hi Martin,

Send a PM to HotLips, and she'll set aside the tickets you need. You can settle up when you get to Registration.

See you in Moab!

Perfect, thanks Hants!

xodeuce
04-25-2011, 12:05 PM
I'm planning on bringing my dog to moab. What's the deal with the dinner, is it 4 leg friendly?

FJBRADY
04-25-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm planning on bringing my dog to moab. What's the deal with the dinner, is it 4 leg friendly?

I am going to say no. The last two years I have been it's just too tight to include dogs at the raffle dinner.

Anyone on the Moab committe care to chime in, por favor.

rover67
04-25-2011, 12:17 PM

Last few years the dog slept in the truck while the dinner was going on. Works out great since they are usually pretty beat from the day's activities.

Hulk
04-25-2011, 12:29 PM

There are a few trails on which dogs are completely banned. Elephant Hill is the only one I can think of at the moment. So you may need a contingency plan based on which trails you are running. Most of the trails are OK for dogs.

Also, keep in mind that many people bring their whole families -- there will be lots of little kids running around and getting into mischief. If your dog is good with kids, then it should be no problem to bring him/her.

xodeuce
04-25-2011, 02:55 PM
There are a few trails on which dogs are completely banned. Elephant Hill is the only one I can think of at the moment. So you may need a contingency plan based on which trails you are running. Most of the trails are OK for dogs.

Also, keep in mind that many people bring their whole families -- there will be lots of little kids running around and getting into mischief. If your dog is good with kids, then it should be no problem to bring him/her.

Good to know. I'm going to be doing Fins, 7 Mile, and Chicken Corners. When I checked before Elephant Hill was the only one. I'll double check before leaving just to be certain. She's good with kids, so that will be fine.

Last few years the dog slept in the truck while the dinner was going on. Works out great since they are usually pretty beat from the day's activities.

10-4 on the snooze in the truck.

Air Randy
04-27-2011, 03:33 PM
I would agree that everyone who brings dogs should not bring them to the dinner. It's usually way too crowded and if rover decides to do the dastardly deed at that moment in time it has a negative effect on many folk's appetite :D

xodeuce
04-27-2011, 09:36 PM
I would agree that everyone who brings dogs should not bring them to the dinner. It's usually way too crowded and if rover decides to do the dastardly deed at that moment in time it has a negative effect on many folk's appetite :D

Haha, duly noted. I just finished building a platform for her to ride on in the back of the cab. She'll have a nice cozy spot to snooze for a bit while we get our chow on. :beer:

I'll add, I thought you meant Rover67 at first... got a chuckle out of that. :lmao: