PDA

View Full Version : VSS and odometer

Jacket
03-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Dumb question. Does the VSS provide input that drives both the speedometer and odometer in the instrument cluster? Or does the odometer input come from a different source?

Or more specifically, if I install a yellow box for my 80, will it correct both speedometer and odometer, or just speedometer?

corsair23
03-14-2011, 01:11 AM
It should correct both...But I guess I just assume that and don't know for sure

I installed the dealyo Slee sells and I guess I never paid any attention to the odometer to make sure it was correct as well :confused:

Jacket
03-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the response Jeff. I was assuming the same thing, and was just hoping that someone could confirm who fully understands the relationship between those parts. It's much more valuable to me if it corrects all 3 meters as opposed to just speed measurement.

corsair23
03-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Hopefully one of the smart dudes will fill us in :hill:

I'll try to remember to check my odometer on my next highway trip...That won't help you on the yellow box for sure but it might clarify a little.

coax
03-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Not sure if this helps, but there was a review on 'mud a while back. It does say at the top, speedo and odometer correction. Not sure I'd base a decision off just that, but at least its one more piece of info.

http://www.ih8mud.com/product_reviews/fzj80-yellowbox.php