PDA

View Full Version : Leather seats Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 - $2700 (high rockies )

Shark Bait
03-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Leather seats Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 - $2700 (high rockies )

This has scam written all over it.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Chris Hatfield <hatfieldcb@gmail.com> wrote:

http://rockies.craigslist.org/ctd/2260807914.html

Seriously? $2700? What's wrong with it?

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Patricia Halen <patricia1halen@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in buying my car. My 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser 4x4 is in great shape, no engine problems, damages or hidden defects. It was always garaged and never smoked in. I`m a single mother with 2 children and I have to work very hard to maintain my family. I`m selling it so cheap because I have money problems. The price is $2,700.00. Since I don't have anyone to help me with the sale I decided to make this transaction through eBay. I just need your full name and address so I can open a case (with no further obligations or fees).

Details about the car:

Year: 2000
Mileage: 115,537

Transmission: Automatic
Fuel type: Gasoline
Engine: 4.7L DOHC EFI 32-valve V8 engine
Exterior Color:Satin White Pearl
Interior Color: Tan
Title: Clear
The a/c is ice cold and the heat is hot!

My best wishes and I'm waiting your response so we can move forward with this deal.

Shark Bait
03-12-2011, 11:51 AM
On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 10:31 AM, Chris Hatfield <hatfieldcb@gmail.com> wrote:

Where are you located? I would come and look at it.

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Patricia Halen <patricia1978halen@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi again,

Please take a few moments and read my email carefully, I know it is long, but because I received too many offers, I will explain all the details about the transaction. The car is located in Los Angeles CA (i just moved here with my new job) is already crated at the shipping company ready to be sent to any location anywhere in the world,like i told you i'll like to use ebay purchase protection because is safe for both,let me tell you how it work:
1. Buyer, seller reach an agreement (price and delivery conditions)
2. Buyer sends money to eBay.
3. eBay confirms to seller that the amount has been received.
4. Seller performs the required services (shipping, insurance).
5. Buyer accepts delivery and informs eBay about the acceptance.
6. eBay releases the money to seller.
As you can see, you will receive the car BEFORE any money is released to me. You will get the chance to inspect it, test drive it and everything you like while your money is still safely held in eBay's account. ONLY after you confirm to eBay that you agree with the vehicle, they will release the money to me.
If, for some reason, you disagree with the car (I assure you that is NOT going to happen since my car is in IMMACULATE condition inside and out) it will be shipped back to me on MY EXPENSE and eBay will send you your money back.

I need your full name and full shipping address so i can open this deal with eBay.

Here are some pictures : http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l588/landcruiser2000WHITE/

Chris
03-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Scam! I get that same form mail a couple times a month...

BreckBJ44
03-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Scammity scam scam scam. Plus, I don't believe Ebay is actually the 'escrow' holder for these transactions anyway.

I just wonder why they are trying to collect full name and addresses? ID theft? Selling them as a list to marketers?

L43dean
03-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Everybody with money problems has an "Immaculate" 100 series. Did you see the white leather and carpeting? Sure she is a single mother with two kids. When was the last time you heard a single mom refer to herself as a mother? Not since Frank Zappa. Even skiers from Frederick... WTF!

RockRunner
03-12-2011, 10:17 PM
The car is crated up ready to be shipped???? Who crates a car? Oh well the deal is too good to be true so I guess it can be crated. Also great grammar.

Chris
03-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Substitute any high end item in place of car and the "crated" works a lot better.

BournID
03-13-2011, 12:04 AM
I saw very similar ad on Craigslist. $2320 for 2002 4Runner. I bit and told wife, I was buying it that night. Well they emailed me back wanting name and address.... NOT!!!