PDA

View Full Version : March Madness

LETSROLL
03-17-2011, 07:27 PM
Anyone a college basketball fan?
The NCAA Tournement started today. Go George Mason!

wesintl
03-17-2011, 08:20 PM
my alma mater :D

LETSROLL
03-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Wait, are you saying you're a GMU Patriot alum?

my alma mater :D

wesintl
03-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Yeap. I'm a patriot. My wife is too with both her masters and undergrad.

you?

LETSROLL
03-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Sweet. Yes, me too. Grew up in Fairfax City. Went to Mason a bit later than the rest of my buddies, but got 'er done in '93. BA in English

wesintl
03-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice, I graduated from FFX high school :) but I grew up in Clifton.

Nay
03-18-2011, 11:26 AM
WT Woodson here, but I went to JMU. My wife has her Masters from Mason.

I always wonder how George Mason started building a good basketball program, didn't they make the final four a few years ago?

LETSROLL
03-18-2011, 11:30 AM
I guess they do it by not having an expensive football program.
JMU, huh? Cool. I spent some time down there. JM's? Reddish Knob?

WT Woodson here, but I went to JMU. My wife has her Masters from Mason.

I always wonder how George Mason started building a good basketball program, didn't they make the final four a few years ago?

LETSROLL
03-18-2011, 11:35 AM
We used to go to Clifton for Clifton Days. My brother and his family lived there for a few years in one of the little historic houses just past the post office....

My neighbor growing up (older than me) lost his legs in an accident at Clifton days. He tried to jump on the train as it passed through town. If I recall correctly, he and a buddy or two of his all had serious amputations...

Nice, I graduated from FFX high school :) but I grew up in Clifton.

wesintl
03-18-2011, 11:40 AM
We used to go to Clifton for Clifton Days. My brother and his family lived there for a few years in one of the little historic houses just past the post office....

My neighbor growing up (older than me) lost his legs in an accident at Clifton days. He tried to jump on the train as it passed through town. If I recall correctly, he and a buddy or two of his all had serious amputations...

I remember that. I was there.:o I'm surprised we don't know each other. They made the Trains go like 5mph thru town after that.

Nay
03-18-2011, 02:06 PM
I guess they do it by not having an expensive football program.
JMU, huh? Cool. I spent some time down there. JM's? Reddish Knob?

Ah, yes, Ladies Nite @ JM's, trips to Reddish Knob in a tiny little Ford econobox, which come to think of it might have been my first wheeling :D

I miss those days every now and again, especially my resistance to hangovers, which is long, long gone :beer::hill: