PDA

View Full Version : Paktops

L43dean
03-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Anybody know the interweb adress for paktops? I remember an older forum thread about US distribution out of New York state. Thanks! Dean

DaveInDenver
03-21-2011, 12:10 PM
http://www.paktops.com

:-)

L43dean
03-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Thank You Dave! I like the site photograph of what is probably a Fj-25 in sage green with a brown top. I think Discount can get Yokahama bar treads. I guess I'll go have a Fallstaf now.

BreckBJ44
03-23-2011, 09:54 PM
Check on mud for OCD tops as well, they are super nice, made here in the US and customizable...

PhatFJ
03-24-2011, 09:02 AM
I just finished installing my OCD top and it's da BOMB :D:D. I will bring it to the next meeting..

MDH33
03-24-2011, 10:51 AM
I just finished installing my OCD top and it's da BOMB :D:D. I will bring it to the next meeting..

How long did you have to wait for it to be made? Sounds like there's alot of disgruntled people on MUD who paid in full a long time ago and never received tops.

BreckBJ44
03-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Keep in mind it's one guy making them.. and OCD tops is a appropriate name.

He got a little behind due to a divorce, but has been catching up. Plus if you drop my name, he should give you the 'old' price (around $650-$700). He is signing a distribution agreement with someone so the price is supposed to go up a bit very soon...

K

PhatFJ
03-24-2011, 05:46 PM
How long did you have to wait for it to be made? Sounds like there's alot of disgruntled people on MUD who paid in full a long time ago and never received tops.
I was one of those who had to wait for my top but Jim really communicated well and stayed in touch. Yes the wait was long but the top is WELL worth the wait and he is a really good guy.. One thing about anything custom and really great quality, so many people want the product it is really easy to get behind not to mention the other personal issues he was dealing with.. If you want a great top at a great price, I would jump on it... Just be patient

The Bows are an entirely different story... I made my own and they too are da-bomb... :D

MDH33
03-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the info. I have Ehsan's bows and top, as well as a set of oem bows, but my top is getting pretty tattered and I'll be looking for a replacement in the future.

BreckBJ44
03-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Any way you want to get rid on one of those bow sets? I am still in the process of making mine and would love to shorten the process!

I have been working with Jim on a PDF for ordering the tops.

Here it is... It has all of the current options for the tops.

K

MDH33
03-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Any way you want to get rid on one of those bow sets? I am still in the process of making mine and would love to shorten the process!

I have been working with Jim on a PDF for ordering the tops.

Here it is... It has all of the current options for the tops.

K

Thanks, I might just send in a request and get on the wait list. ;)

I'm not planning on selling my bows unless the 40 goes, but you're welcome to check them out for measurements or reference.

BreckBJ44
03-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks! That will be awesome as I need to see how the stock soft top connects to the bows for when I make them.

Oh, and PM me if you want to send in the form or ask questions... I didn't want to post his email without his permission.

K

rover67
03-24-2011, 06:47 PM
how much are the bows? where are ya'll getting them?

BreckBJ44
03-24-2011, 06:57 PM
There are two retail locations. Pilgrim makes some and the paktops company makes some too. They are a bit pricey for my tastes (around $700 and up) so I am taking a hard top and making my own. Except for the door jambs, the rest is all bent tube.

zornff
03-25-2011, 08:29 AM
If you can, get in on the ones from Pilgram. The paki bows are very poor quality. The door pillars I received with mine look like a 9 year old with his pants down made them. The welds look like they were done with a coat hanger and a battery.
I tweaked them enough to get my custom ocd top installed and then ordered a set from Pilgram and am hoping for better quality. The pakis are so poor I would not trust them to copy, but I will make some once I get the new one.

MDH33
03-25-2011, 09:16 AM
If you can, get in on the ones from Pilgram. The paki bows are very poor quality. The door pillars I received with mine look like a 9 year old with his pants down made them. The welds look like they were done with a coat hanger and a battery.
I tweaked them enough to get my custom ocd top installed and then ordered a set from Pilgram and am hoping for better quality. The pakis are so poor I would not trust them to copy, but I will make some once I get the new one.

That's pretty harsh, but sorry you weren't happy with your bows. I got my top and bows before "paktops" started selling them (and doubled the price) and I've been very happy with the quality. True they are not OEM quality, but it has functioned perfectly and I haven't had any issues. My top is probably 6 or 7 years old and has taken some tree abuse, which is why I want to replace it. I also sold a full pakistan top to Dean, and as far as I know he's been pleased with the quality as well.

zornff
03-25-2011, 11:41 AM
That's pretty harsh, but sorry you weren't happy with your bows. I got my top and bows before "paktops" started selling them (and doubled the price) and I've been very happy with the quality. True they are not OEM quality, but it has functioned perfectly and I haven't had any issues. My top is probably 6 or 7 years old and has taken some tree abuse, which is why I want to replace it. I also sold a full pakistan top to Dean, and as far as I know he's been pleased with the quality as well.

Yes, a bit harsh, about $700.00 + shipping harsh. Don't get me wrong, they do function, after 3-4 hours of fab work. :cheers: