PDA

View Full Version : WTB - '72 FJ40 stuff

Red72FJ40
03-22-2011, 02:13 AM
Shot in the dark here, but maybe somebody has some of this stuff laying around - new or used:

L/R rear turn signal brackets (mount on frame)
1 rear turn signal with lens
2 front turn signals (signal + the pedestal which mounts on the fender)
4 stock shocks with life left in them or 4 shocks and 2" shackle lifts

Thanks

RicardoJM
03-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Sorry, none of those parts are laying around. A couple of years ago you could still get the tail lights and brackets from the dealer; price seemed to be reasonable.

ianacole
03-22-2011, 08:52 AM
I may have the turn signal stuff (from a '73, pre 9/73). Let me check my box when I get home tonight.

MDH33
03-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Sites like coolcruisers.com (http://www.coolcruisers.com/) and Spector offroad (http://www.sor.com/) sell all the items you're looking for. And as Ricardo mentioned, some of these items are likely still available from Toyota. :thumb:

ianacole
03-22-2011, 08:54 PM
So here's what I have. I just reviewed your post and realized you're looking for the turn signals. Are you looking for the side markers? As I understand it, the turn signal is integrated with the brake lights in the rear.

Red72FJ40
03-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks, guys. Yes, those look like the lenses, need the light itself. All in one on a '72 (brake/turn). But thanks for taking the time to look.

Yeah, I think I'll check out the dealer or one of those other sites. Just trying to do it on the cheap, or take it off hands of someone if they have it lying around.

Ricardo, still holding your jack for you. I ended up not buying the plate from Bruiser.

Pete

RicardoJM
03-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Ricardo, still holding your jack for you.

Cool. Unfortunately, you post on the tail lights was a few weeks late. I did have one tail light and lens but gave it to another fellow that was in need.

Blackdiamond72
03-23-2011, 11:26 PM
I have the front turn signals if you want. Decent shape.

Rzeppa
03-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Those rear combination light (Toyota Parts vernacular) assemblies were still available from Stevinson West as recently as a few years ago. Ricardo was riding with me when I smashed one on a rock. There are 2 separate parts - the bracket that mounts to the frame and the combination lamp mounts to, and the combination lamp it self. The combination lamp consists of the bucket, lens, lamp and pigtail connector. They are surprisingly inexpensive. Around $35 for the lamp plus bracket! The combination light even includes the new bulb!