PDA

View Full Version : Join me.

nakman
03-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Computer guys, it's rare that I discover anything new.. but for some reason I'm the first in my circle to have found Join Me.. it's caught on quite well here so I thought I'd turn the rest of you onto it, if you didn't already know about it.

https://join.me/?wt.srch=1&utpk=web%20meeting&originid=8986

All you do is launch the thing, email someone a link, then voila instant web conference. You can share control, there's a call-in number for voice, everything I was getting from Adobe Connect and Gotomeeting but for free. For my needs, which is instant real-time collaboration, this fits the bill perfectly... it's a 30 second event from "let me show you what I'm talking about" to "ok, I get it, cool."

I had a conference call on Tuesday where a guy in Long Island was seeing my screen on his iphone.. (yes, he pulled over first). :D I'm kind of impressed by this thing, try it out some time.

CardinalFJ60
03-24-2011, 10:20 AM
you can bet I'll be taking a close look at this!

is this just 1:1 or can you conference more folks together?

Jacket
03-24-2011, 10:34 AM
So it's like Live Meeting, but free and not bound to a Microsoft license?

nakman
03-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Yeah made me think of you Shawn.. it's up to 250 users they say, so far I've done 4.

RockRunner
03-24-2011, 12:38 PM
This would have good for the CM planning committee. Maybe the last one can be done that way. Thanks for the info Nakman.

Shark Bait
03-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Very cool! Thanks Tim!! I tried it on my Xoom. The app won't run on Honeycomb yet, but it worked through my browser. This will be great for free remote tech support of family members. :D

JadeRunner
03-24-2011, 09:39 PM
That's a good one. Looks clean and free. Thanks.

I've been using TeamViewer for remote support. But, TeamViewer always tells you it's not for commercial use when not purchased. And full licenses for these non Microsoft remote agents are not cheap.

nakman
03-25-2011, 08:10 AM
....This will be great for free remote tech support of family members. :D

ah yes, great point! :bowdown: