PDA

View Full Version : Crash, Bang, Boom, WTF? 2:15 A.M. Wake up call

FJCDan
03-25-2011, 10:45 AM
We were sleeping soundly when Crash, Bang, Boom, WTF happened? Look out front, look out the side, nothing. Julie goes to the back door and yells the back door is smashed in and I look out and thier is a car on our patio and backyard is mess. The kid had been drinking and still passed a sobriety test, no ticket for anything he had to be speeding because it was one hell loud crash. He even pushed a full hot tub 2 1/2 feet. Luckily no one was hurt but very scary to have happen. you see it on TV but when it happens to you, you count your blessings. It could have been much worse.

FJBRADY
03-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Wow glad everyone is ok!

DaveInDenver
03-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Whoa! Glad it wasn't more serious.
no ticket for anything
Dang, no ticket? I get into a minor fender bender and I have to go to Arapahoe County court for following too close. Talk about relative justice.

MDH33
03-25-2011, 10:51 AM
Wow, crazy. :eek:

Good thing it wasn't during the day with the kids or someone outside.

Did this bozo have insurance I hope?

nakman
03-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Wow! Glad no one was hurt. But yeah wtf, you can do all that and not get a ticket? :confused:

Uncle Ben
03-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Holy smokes! Glad no one was hurt!

Inukshuk
03-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Sorry to hear. Now you have a mess.

DaveInDenver
03-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Sorry to hear. Now you have a mess.
It's an insurance-financed remodeling opportunity...

Inukshuk
03-25-2011, 02:05 PM
It's an insurance-financed remodeling opportunity...

Yes. Fingers crossed that they have it. Still a thing he has to deal with on uncompensated time. Not even probably worth hiring a lawyer for. :hill:

FJCDan
03-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Well here is an update, we got the backyard cleaned up and the back door boarded up. talked to both adjusters. Not real sure about the other company, since he was not ticketed the are calling it an accident. so for now we have to wait untill next week to see what happens. Man this sucks. Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Dan and Julie

Eldorado556
03-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Good thing everyone is OK.

I don't see how this guy didn't get ticketed or arrested. He just "accidentally" drove his car into your house?

corsair23
03-26-2011, 01:59 AM

I don't see how this guy didn't get ticketed or arrested. He just "accidentally" drove his car into your house?

x2

The important thing is no one was hurt!!

But how on earth can they not give the guy a ticket :confused: - You say "kid" so underage drinking? At the very least you would think they would have given the kid a ticket for reckless or careless driving...In the end though that shouldn't matter for insurance purposes. I certainly hope the insurance company can't state that no ticket = no fault and therefore no money for repairs...

bigbluefj
03-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Must have been a rookie cop, there should have a ticket for speeding, careless driving, and damage $5000.00 and above etc.. I'm to ask a couple of cops i know and see what they say..

Corbet
03-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Can't believe no ticket. "Kid" had to know somebody. How do you damage someones house with your car and not be put at fault?

nuclearlemon
03-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Can't believe no ticket. "Kid" had to know somebody. How do you damage someones house with your car and not be put at fault?

x2. i'd talk to a lawyer. the kid and his family are responsible regardless of what the cops say.

FJCDan
03-26-2011, 01:51 PM

This is how we felt it almost felt like too bad your house was in the way. I spoke to the officer late last night and told him that a nieghbor heard him speeding around the corner and then heard crash, he got up fast and looked to see what happened but did not see anything till he drove by the house that day. he said by the sound of the squeeling tires that he was flying. Their is no evidence that he was even trying to stop. I think he had to be doing 50 mph when he hit the fence. He moved a hot tub full of water 2 1/2 feet. My hot tub guy said that tub weighs about 3200 lbs. I not done with this yet, this guy needs to be punished for this.

1loudLX
03-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Imagine it was a cruiser with an ARB...might have made it thru to your front door!

1loudLX
03-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Can you get insurance to cover the install of these?
http://www.edsuk.com/photos/EDSUKB15_Automatic_Bollards.jpg

Old40Dog
03-27-2011, 12:12 AM
OMG Dan & Julie! Glad to hear everyone is okay! Thank God, that it was just an "accident" and not a "terrorist attack". As at least you'll have a chance that someone's insurance, most likely yours, will cover the damages seeing it was determined that it was "not" a terrorist attack.

RockRunner
03-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Glad to see all are OK, and x9 on the ticket deal. If you need an "estimate" for your insurance LMK I will help you out. Not looking for the work just the "estimate".

FJCDan
04-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Hey Everyone , I have an update on the car into house. Still waiting on his insurance to make up thier mind what they are going to do, on the good side they did call the 2 witnesses that heard the car flying through the streets before the crash. Which is more than the police would do. Oh speaking of police, I received the police report over the weekend. They failed to mention that he was drinking, although he did pass a roadside test, also not mention. The police said he did put in the report that he might have thought he was going too fast, also not mentioned. And last but not least absolutley nothing and I mean nothing that the SOB ran into the back yard destroying everything in his path and hitting the house. NOTHING Anyone have any thoughts Any input would help. Thanks Dan

Inukshuk
04-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Anyone have any thoughts Any input would help. Thanks Dan

What do you want to accomplish? Also, factor in that if the cops are burying it so deep, this guy has friends.

RockRunner
04-12-2011, 09:46 PM
I would get your own insurance involved. They have lawyers and investigators that will get to the bottom of this. And Daniel could be right, with so much stuff missing out of a report somebody knows somebody. Do a Google search on the guys name and then your police department. May have a dad or somebody working there.

RLMS
04-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Holy smokes:eek: Glad too see your family is ok

Justin

Corbet
04-13-2011, 08:07 AM
small claims court? But your insurance co probably will do a good enough job trying to find someone else to pay for it rather than them.

SteveH
04-13-2011, 10:06 AM
I can't believe the Denver police don't have an ombudsman or someone to look into this nonsense, or perhaps a local TV news channel?

RedCreeper
04-13-2011, 10:36 AM
There is the local news channel. i see it all the time where you submit your story and they use there investigators. but may have to be news worthy. check channel 9 online.

SRT08BUS
04-13-2011, 12:25 PM
There is the local news channel. i see it all the time where you submit your story and they use there investigators. but may have to be news worthy. check channel 9 online.

I would agree with checking with all stations and any outlet in your area that might be will to hear you and would think this is news worthy in a department that seems to be flawed in some places. Civil court has it's caps and is also time consuming but would be what I would do if the insurances involved don't set you correct. Sorry to hear about ordeal FJCDan and hope it all corrects it's self with out too much more of a hassle!

DaveInDenver
04-13-2011, 12:48 PM
If you live within the Denver city limits, I would consider the media or lawsuit aspect only because it's a hot button issue right now because of the Denver PD corruption and the mayoral race. There have been a few high visibility cases of excessive force, but more so there have been some cops fired recently for lying and covering up, which sorta sounds like might be the case here. I would have thought an insurance claim would have triggered some actions at least, though. Insurance companies like to find someone else at fault to pay. Man, what a PITA.

FJCDan
04-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Well I got the news I was hoping for , His insurance company did not believe his story or the police report and went with the evidence I had and are going to settle with us and our insurance. I not sure what do about the police since they basicly fabricated a report about this whole thing. Probably take the money and be HAPPY. Thanks again for all input and concerns. Dan and Julie

corsair23
04-14-2011, 03:59 PM
I'd take the money and be happy...No telling what happens if you get mucked up in the other stuff. You want to be made "whole" again...I'd let the insurance company do their thing with their "client" and the police if they choose.

Glad to hear they doing the right thing for you!

Corbet
04-15-2011, 09:02 AM
If the offered settlement covers the repair cost I'd take it.

After that if you want to notify the media with a FYI regarding your public servants "excellent" work go ahead. I know if would be hard for me to let this go if it happened in my back yard.

Trapper50cal
04-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Having something to hide means having something to lose...whether it be the father's reputation or the family keeping the kid's record clean....my guess is that he's a problem teenager with entitlement issues due to family prominence or wealth. You may have way more power in this than you think as you have so many pics of the aftermath. Do you have any with the kid in the pic? Putting him at the scene? Ultimately, they probably have more resources and "friends" than you do. Looking to punish the police department for nepotism/favoritism/cronyism is a slippery slope. They will wrap the Blue blanket around themselves and you will be put on a very undesirable sh!t list.

nicholasandrews
04-15-2011, 12:50 PM
glad you are all ok! No ticket?!?! I got a ticket in my neighborhood for not using my turn signal to pull into my drive way. $80 fine and 2 points. I can't believe this happened and no ticket...

corsair23
04-15-2011, 01:59 PM
No ticket?!?! I got a ticket in my neighborhood for not using my turn signal to pull into my drive way. $80 fine and 2 points.

Seriously :eek: - I can't remember the last time I've seen someone signal to turn into their driveway...Unless you live on a major thoroughfare or something where you're likely to get smacked in the ass end or have to cross traffic...