PDA

View Full Version : Fridge Slider

DaveInDenver
03-27-2011, 03:18 PM
I made this a couple of years ago, I think for the Rubithon trip. Got a couple of 100 lbs drawer slides and built a base for our Engel. Seemed to work alright, so I went to test fit and mount it in my truck and, duh, it made the whole thing too tall to roll out the back of my truck. Mini truck is right! :doh:

So it's been sitting, waiting for me to come up with something, maybe shorter, I dunno. Maybe building the tray part upside down so that the fridge sits down inside, but that would mean remaking the whole thing.

What I do know is that it's been going on 3 years and it's just got 3 years of dust on it. Away it goes, it might work as is, maybe the slides are worth experimenting with, whatever, it just needs to go.

$20 or whatever seems fair. I know those slides gotta be worth something. They are not stainless, but they are full length slides that with a latch the locks in the extended position.

RockRunner
03-27-2011, 04:01 PM
Dave, was this made for the inside of the truck or for in the bed? What is the height of it? I think it should work in my 4runner and if so I will take it. Just send me the dimensions please and I will measure my truck.

Inukshuk
03-27-2011, 06:15 PM
2nd in line

DaveInDenver
03-28-2011, 09:42 AM
I will measure it tonight. Roughly the platform part is a few inches longer and about as wide as a Engel MT45. So that's about 26" x 15". Pretty sure the whole thing is about 4 inches tall.

RockRunner
03-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Cool, let's set up a time to meet. I have a twenty in my pocket with your;) name on it.

Sorry Daniel:(

DaveInDenver
03-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Cool, let's set up a time to meet. I have a twenty in my pocket with your;) name on it.

Just saw that you called (I was away from my cell phone, sorry). Should be around town this week and I know I will be in Highlands Ranch after work next week on Thursday 4/7/11.

RockRunner
03-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Sharon's bday not a great day. We'll figure something out.

Inukshuk
03-28-2011, 06:00 PM

No worries at all!

RockRunner
03-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Dave, think we can meet up this weekend? Give me a call or I will call you Friday.

DaveInDenver
03-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Dave, think we can meet up this weekend? Give me a call or I will call you Friday.
I know I need to call you. This weekend is no good, maybe late Tuesday afternoon or Wed-Fri next week. I could meet up tomorrow, too.

RockRunner
04-01-2011, 12:09 AM
I know I need to call you. This weekend is no good, maybe late Tuesday afternoon or Wed-Fri next week. I could meet up tomorrow, too.

What time could you meet? It is no big deal as long as I get it about a week before Moab. If you can provide me with the exact dimensions I can lay it out in the truck and build around it.