PDA

View Full Version : Need a body repair shop for my 80

Karst8835
03-30-2011, 05:05 PM
My 93 FZJ80 was hit on the rear corner passenger side and is in need of boy work. Any recommendations as to where to take it. I live in Lafayette.

Jack

Jacket
03-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Any chance you live near 95th and Baseline in Indian Peaks (west side)? I see a gold 80 in that 'hood all the time. Yesterday I passed it and noticed the rear quarter got mangled.

As to your question - I've used Boulder Bump Shop (next to Boulder Toyota) once in the past with good results (and working through insurance). But it was so long ago I'm not sure it's worthy of a "recommendation."

Karst8835
04-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Any chance you live near 95th and Baseline in Indian Peaks (west side)? I see a gold 80 in that 'hood all the time. Yesterday I passed it and noticed the rear quarter got mangled.

As to your question - I've used Boulder Bump Shop (next to Boulder Toyota) once in the past with good results (and working through insurance). But it was so long ago I'm not sure it's worthy of a "recommendation."

Yes that is my 80. It was hit while sitting there.

CardinalFJ60
04-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Call jim's in Lafayette, off...ummm...120th? I've had good luck with them in the past. He's typically got a couple full resto's going (mopar guy), they have a nice big professional shop.

Jacket
04-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Yes that is my 80. It was hit while sitting there.

Well that ends a long-standing mystery for me. Nice truck!

Karst8835
04-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Call jim's in Lafayette, off...ummm...120th? I've had good luck with them in the past. He's typically got a couple full resto's going (mopar guy), they have a nice big professional shop.

Thanks, I will check them out.

Bruce Miller
04-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Jack,

We highly recommend Dennis Knapp in Loveland. He's the proprietor of "Hot Rod Hobby" on the south side of Loveland at 970-371-1010. His workmanship is awesome. He's an artisan when it comes to auto body work. Tell him Bruce and Barbara gave you his information. You will be very happy with his work.

Bruce & Barbara

Uncle Ben
04-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Jack,

We highly recommend Dennis Knapp in Loveland. He's the proprietor of "Hot Rod Hobby" on the south side of Loveland at 970-371-1010. His workmanship is awesome. He's an artisan when it comes to auto body work. Tell him Bruce and Barbara gave you his information. You will be very happy with his work.

Bruce & Barbara

Bruce,
is that the guy who did your Seafoam Green 45? If so that was the coolest garage I have ever seen!

Bruce Miller
04-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Yep, he's the guy who did our 1963 FJ45 SWB pickup. I think Toyota's official name for the color is Spring Green. He's worked on other cruisers for us, too. We are very impressed with his high quality, his workmanship, and his attention to detail. He's hard working and honest. Old fashioned values.

The Spring Green FJ45, by the way, was taken to Alaska where it was "modified" according to the new owner, "chopped" the way I saw it.

Old40Dog
04-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Yep, he's the guy who did our 1963 FJ45 SWB pickup. I think Toyota's official name for the color is Spring Green. He's worked on other cruisers for us, too. We are very impressed with his high quality, his workmanship, and his attention to detail. He's hard working and honest. Old fashioned values.

The Spring Green FJ45, by the way, was taken to Alaska where it was "modified" according to the new owner, "chopped" the way I saw it.

Its all perspective Bruce...???...hmmmm...I guess:rolleyes:

SteveH
04-12-2011, 09:14 AM

Bruce - ouch, your poor FJ45. I saw that one when I examined the '65 longbed. I wish they had left it alone, but oh, well.

Karst8835
04-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Jack,

Bruce & Barbara

Bruce -

Thank you for the recommendation. I will check him out.

Jack