PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Penrose next weekend?

Air Randy
04-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Anyone interested in running Liberty next weekend if thweather is nice? It can be either Sat or Sun. Let me know who is up for it.

J Kimmel
04-02-2011, 07:59 PM
why not just head up patriot? how was today?

Air Randy
04-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Well, not too many other folks in this group are equipped to run up Patriot. If you're interested then I'm up for it.

There were only 3 rigs that ran Carnage yesterday and I wasn't able to hook up with them. They left right at 9:30, which shouldn't have been a problem for me, but my trailer burned out a wheel bearing fortunately as I was going through Co. Spgs. I had to wait until NAPA opened and I could a new bearing set. It only took 20 minutes to change once I had the parts but I was 2.5 hours late getting to BV.

One guy destroyed his radiator on the maiden voyage of his new rig, Wally ran out of gas and I think the 3rd rig cracked a control arm. So we had lots of nippin whiskey around the fire last night, had a chance to cover a lot of subjects with Wally, but none of them were interested in attempting Carnage again this morning.

So I was going to run OCG again this morning with another group but we woke up to high winds and a 70% chance of rain turning to heavy snow. So I bagged it and headed home.

Wally was saying that the area south of Grand Junction puts Moab to shame as far as buggy trails. We should give that a try sometime.

Meanie worked really well on OCG. It walked right up the far left line on the waterfall without spinning a tire. So, so far so good.

J Kimmel
04-03-2011, 02:32 PM
wife is heading to TN for the weekend, so I am up for it :) GJ has some fun trails for sure, I'm always up for a run out there! Call me next week, we are thinking of Montrose in June :)

Uncle Ben
04-03-2011, 03:53 PM
The knowledge that someone is wheeling right now triggers more jealousy than I can bare! :banghead: Soon........very sooon.....

J Kimmel
04-03-2011, 03:59 PM
you almost done? can that thing keep up now ?

Uncle Ben
04-03-2011, 04:24 PM
you almost done? can that thing keep up now ?

Yup...put a bigger gas tank it it! Might also make it so it can refuel while wheeling...that would help! ;) :p:

RockRunner
04-03-2011, 08:13 PM
wife is heading to TN for the weekend, so I am up for it :) GJ has some fun trails for sure, I'm always up for a run out there! Call me next week, we are thinking of Montrose in June :)

I have a place we can park the rigs and campers in Montrose. Also he or one of the other guys could lead some trails for us or ??? it is the guy that sold me the red labels.

RockRunner
04-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Yup...put a bigger gas tank it it! Might also make it so it can refuel while wheeling...that would help! ;) :p:

Doesn't matter how big your tank is when there is little to no gas in there :rolleyes:....................:bolt:

J Kimmel
04-03-2011, 08:56 PM
I know where they're all at ;)

Air Randy
04-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Right now the long range weather forecast is showing 50's and rain both Sat & Sun. Guess we'll have to wait until we get closer to see if it will be doable. Who is up for it if the weather cooperate and which day is yor preference?

Jeremy, your trailer is at my house, you still planning on taking your rig? Tom, you need to get your rig broken in properly before Moab. UB, is WR ready to go?

If anyone else is interested but you don'tt have a rig built to handle Penrose, you have 2 other options: You can watch the action from the rim and the entire trail is only about a 1/2 mile long, so it a good spectator location. Or, if you want to wheel, the Liberty trail is doable on 33's with a rear locker and good body armor.

J Kimmel
04-03-2011, 10:00 PM
re-read everything, you want to run Carnage or Indy? Been to Indy twice in the last few weeks, always up for another but haven't been to Carnage yet.

Uncle Ben
04-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Doesn't matter how big your tank is when there is little to no gas in there :rolleyes:....................:bolt:

True fact! I'm hoping the new Prius power train will do the trick!

Air Randy
04-04-2011, 08:22 AM
re-read everything, you want to run Carnage or Indy? Been to Indy twice in the last few weeks, always up for another but haven't been to Carnage yet.

I'm up for doing Carnage. Are you planning to take you rig? Just curious since your trailer is at my house. Lets monitor the weather as we get closer.

J Kimmel
04-04-2011, 08:55 AM
I have another one here I can use, and I will definitely take my truck :)

Air Randy
04-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Tentively lets plan it for Sunday. I need to track down a tow rig, sounds like Dee has committed the dodge to our daughter that day so she can sit in the camper at a ski area while everyone else snow boards :rolleyes:. But I have other loaner trucks I can tap in to. Lets hope the weather is OK.

J Kimmel
04-04-2011, 04:34 PM
the weather will be great, and Sunday sounds fantastic.

isotel
04-07-2011, 01:04 PM
So,

This Sunday? which trail?

I may be down for this! i needed to install a hood blackout, but i may be able to figue something out!

Air Randy
04-07-2011, 05:16 PM
I think we changed mid-week to wanting to run Carnage BV instead of Indy-Penrose. You're welcome to come to that too.

RockRunner
04-07-2011, 09:07 PM
True fact! I'm hoping the new Prius power train will do the trick!

But then you have to remember to charge the batteries and have gas............a double whammy:bolt:

Uncle Ben
04-07-2011, 09:18 PM
But then you have to remember to charge the batteries and have gas............a double whammy:bolt:

Whoa....good point! Bummer.....guess I can't keep up then.... :snail::zilla::doh:

Air Randy
04-08-2011, 08:28 AM
I think Carnage BV is out for this Sunday :(. The weather is now calling for 70% chance of snow with high's in the low 40's.

Penrose is calling for rain and high 40's :(

Uncle Ben
04-08-2011, 11:38 AM
I think Carnage BV is out for this Sunday :(. The weather is now calling for 70% chance of snow with high's in the low 40's.

Penrose is calling for rain and high 40's :(

I guess the new soft cab and heater are just bling? :p:

Air Randy
04-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Nope, and if it was a moderate trail I would look forward to testing it out.

But I have no desire to work on a rig broke down on a trail in the middle of a snow storm. Carnage is bad enough dry, I really dont want to try it for the first time when it's wet or snowy.

J Kimmel
04-08-2011, 07:32 PM
I guess the new soft cab and heater are just bling? :p:

I've done it in the rain and while normally it makes things more fun, third gear full throttle assaults just to get to the V-notch sucked.

oh and I have dropped into Indy in the rain too, its a free fall :eek:

isotel
04-09-2011, 08:49 PM
so is this trip a no go?

i may head up Eagle rock if anyone wants to join..

J Kimmel
04-09-2011, 08:55 PM
so is this trip a no go?

i may head up Eagle rock if anyone wants to join..

ya, not this time, weather isn't looking too hot.

couple weeks :)