PDA

View Full Version : It's been fun ya'll but it's time to move on

Tch2fly
04-04-2011, 09:12 AM
I write this as I pack and get ready to make a move to Atlanta GA where I have accepted a new position within my current company. I'll start by stating the obvious...
:risingsun
...this is a great group of people :thumb:

For the last 5 years (despite my lack of recent participation :o) it has been my pleasure to play, work and wheel with you. :bowdown: The trip to Rubicon with my son and the RS gang continues to rank at the top of my "best vacation ever" list.

The dedication to club events as well as concern for the environment and community (Rising Sun, 4-wheeling and public at large) that I have witnessed has been nothing sort of amazing. It will be a challenge for any other club to meet my new set of expectations.

The upcoming meeting will be the last I will attended (at least for the foreseeable future) and hope to shake some hands and give personal thanks for insight and knowledge I have gained. For those of you that cannot attend - Thanks and farewell for now :cheers:

subzali
04-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Sorry to see you go Mike, but it's been great getting to know you! Good luck with your work in the future!

nakman
04-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Mike sorry I won't be at the meeting to say goodbye, but have a safe trip and good luck with the next chapter! But hey, they have internet in Atlanta too so hopefully we can continue to see you here on the forum.. post up some pics of that Georgia wheeling! :beer2:

rover67
04-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Have a safe move down there and have fun learning a new way of life!!

You guys will love it :)

As Matt says, it's been great getting to know you and maybe we'll all have to make a trip to the south east to wheel when you know all the cool trails!

RicardoJM
04-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Mike, sounds like an exciting change is in the works for you. I'm very happy for your. Now I'm going to have to find a new transmission jack to borrow. Many thanks for the help you have provided to me and theboomboom on our projects. Good luck and well wishes. :D

Uncle Ben
04-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Good luck on the life style change Mike! It has been my honor to befriend you and Drew! I agree that it is now your job to seek out a new wheeling adventure and set up an RS road trip! I would be all over that! Take care my friend and happy trails. Maybe I'll see you Wednesday......are you doing OTB pre meeting?

wesintl
04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Best Wishes Mike

Only 4 hrs to the beach and a couple the the smokies :D

farnhamstj
04-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Good to have met you Mike. Safe travels. May our paths cross again soon.

Beater
04-04-2011, 10:10 AM
it was an honor to share the trail, and the work we did for the trails. You will be missed.

Lars
04-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Good luck in Atlanta.

Jacket
04-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Good luck with your next chapter Mike. I hope you like Atlanta - after the initial culture shock of "the South", hopefully you'll find the people extremely friendly, the music excellent, the Waffle House's an excellent place for a 4th meal, and the humidity...well....

I lived around there for many years and would be happy to chat about different parts of town if you like. Where is your office located?

AxleIke
04-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Best of Luck! Hope to see you on the board still! Take care and have a good trip!

FJBRADY
04-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Congrats on the promotion, Mike! Good luck in the ATL. say hi to Ludicris for me. :thumb:

See you at the meeting Wednesday. :beer:

Dr. Schlegs
04-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Congratulations Mike. It was a pleasure to have known you and I thank you for taking me out on my first trail ride here in CO. You taught me a lot about RS and the values that held with high regard within this great family.

I wish you the best and hope you can come to the meeting this week so people have a chance to say good-bye in person.

Kevin

Caribou Sandstorm
04-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Best of luck on the new chapter Mike! Thanks for all the wheeling advice and help you have given me over the last few years!

It would be cool to road trip out there with the club someday, do they let you drive on the beaches down there??

RockRunner
04-04-2011, 03:18 PM
I am glad I was able to wheel with you and call you my friend. I am sure you will find something in Georgia that will catch your fancy and start a new wheeling chapter in your life with new friends.

If you ever come back and it is meeting night you where to go.

Congratulations and good luck in your new position.:cheers:

Inukshuk
04-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Mike,
Sorry to see you go and hope you see you win the Iron Butt award at CM 2012! Best of success in ATL!

corsair23
04-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Everyone has said what I'm thinking for sure! Best of luck with the change :thumb:

We'll miss having you around and wheeling...And I agree, the RS Rubicon trip was certainly one of the all time epic trips!!!

Shark Bait
04-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Best of luck in Atlanta, Mike!

Hulk
04-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Mike, it's been great hanging out with you and Drew. Hope the Atlanta move is great for you and your family! We'll miss ya!

bigbluefj
04-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Best of luck in Atlanta, Mike! Tell us about the great wheeling that i'm sure you will find out that way..

Old40Dog
04-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Mike,

Congrats and best wishes for the future!

I'LL always remember you doing my first tech inspection at CM, when you ask for a left turn signal and I held out my left arm pointing left, got a laugh from you , then you just moved on to a request for the right turn...LOL...:lmao:

Hope you like MUD Mike! Lots of it down there in GA!

Romer
04-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Mike,
It's been a lot of fun. It's been great getting to know and hang out with you and Drew

Mendocino
04-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Good luck Mike. We'll always have Raton...:)

Romer
04-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Hopefully there are no bridges where you are going to keep Drew grounded. But after all, it was the bridge on the Rubicon:D

theboomboom
04-04-2011, 10:25 PM
We'll all miss you Mike, wish you all the best!

nuclearlemon
04-04-2011, 10:46 PM
good luck mike! we'll miss you, but hope it works out better for you.:cheers:

Red_Chili
04-05-2011, 10:27 AM
Good luck Mike! It was great to get to know you. Your perspective (and of course, help in a pinch) was and will continue to be of great value to me. Good times in Hotlanta! 'Tain't as Southern as it once was. For better and for worse.

Corbet
04-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Best of luck in Atlanta. :cheers:

MDH33
04-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Good luck down in Georgia Mike. :thumb:

Convert
04-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Good luck Mike you and Drew will be missed around RS land:thumb:

bh4rnnr
04-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Best of luck to ya Mike!

:thumb::cheers::cool:

:beer:

LARGEONE
04-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Mike...nice to have met you! I lived in that area for several years...it's nice. Lot's of trees and lots of red Georgia clay (mud)!!! And also some very nice brick homes from that clay! Best of luck to you...hope to see you at the meeting.

Tch2fly
04-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes :cheers:

I will be at OTB and the meeting tonight, hope to see everybody there :beer2: